Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Even more new AOTI supplemental update details (March 11)

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/update/

GUARDIANS Advanced Style (GAS)
    * This is the new name of the character ability customization feature.
    * Right as you reach the level cap, all excess EXP you acquire will be converted to advanced EXP (AEXP).
    * In missions that have level restrictions, it may be possible to earn AEXP even if you are not capped. For example, if a mission is restricted to LV100 and you are LV168, when you enter the mission, you will be taken down to LV100, but any EXP you ear will be earned as AEXP.
    * Once you reach a certain amount of AEXP, it will be converted automatically to advanced points (AP).
    * You can use your AP for either type customization or style customization.
    * Type and style customization features can be used only in the exclusive missions.
    * AP and customization caps are planned to be increased over time.

Type customization
    * You can customize your type's abilities by spending AP.
    * Each ability has its own level which will increase as you spend AP on them.
    * Abilities you can learn vary between the different types.
    * The number of abilities that can be learned will be limited between the races. There will be some cases where you will not be able to learn all abilities even if you have the AP to spend on them.
    * Hunter, Ranger and Force cannot be customized.
    * Type customization points include things such as (but not limited to) increased base ATP, increased critical hit rate, increased PA leveling speed (for weapons of your type's forte), fire TECHNIC strengthening, etc.

Style customization
    * You can acquire abilities known as "style" by spending AP.
    * Style encompasses "weapon style," "shield style" and "extra style."
    * Once you acquire a style type, you can freely change between its options when in a GAS mission without having to spend extra AP.
    * Style options are based on your character, not type.
    * Each style has its own level which will increase as you spend AP on them.
    * If you save up enough AP, you can acquire all styles.
    * Style customization options include (but are not limited to) additional stats effect infliction rates with attacks, freeze resistance, trap damage increase, etc.

Interface additions
    * A text input history (like what's currently available in chat) will be added to the online status, party name, party comment and conditional search fields.

Conditional missions
    * Conditional missions include the following types of restrictions:
    - Level cap restriction
    - Select weapon category restrictions
    - Select item usage restrictions
    - Select slot/unit restrictions
    - Select TECHNIC restrictions
    - SUV weapon/nanoblast restrictions
    * For example, if a mission is restricted to LV20, all party members must be at least LV20 to enter. Upon entering, anyone who is above LV20 will be reduced to LV20 for the duration of the mission.
    * AEXP is earned in level restricted mission as opposed to normal EXP.
    * Restrictions will change between each mission.

GUARDIANS Advanced Missions
    * GAMs are a type of conditional mission.
    * When a GAM is cleared, players will earn advanced mission points (AMP) instead of normal mission points.
    * When you reach a predetermined amount of AMP, your rank (known as a "stage") will increase.
    * In GAMs, if all party members are not at or above a certain stage, certain missions cannot be accepted.
    * As you reached advanced stages, mission difficulty and restrictions become more strict.
    * You can exchange AMP for items, however doing this can decrease your stage if you fall under a certain amount of AMP.
    * There is a limit to the amount of AMP you can acquire.

To PS2 users
    * As previously reported, new graphics will not be available to PS2 users. Furthermore, the screenshot and text input history functions will not be available to PS2 users, though all other features are planned to be implemented.

Wow I like the customization but I wouldnt want to have my lvl reduced just to do a mission when I worked hard to get to the lvl im at. As a lvl 100 I wouldnt want to have the same power as a lvl 20!
    Xbox: G-TAG = ii STLxBaKeD
    RMS18: Male beast lvl 112 Fighmaster lvl 15, Gunmaster lvl 6
    Yula: Female cast lvl 73, Gunmaster lvl 5, Protranser lvl 1
    Niku: Female newman lvl 72, Masterforce lvl 5, Acrotecher lvl 5
    Elyruin: Male cast lvl 105, Gunmaster lvl 6

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

I like all this, but who is going to boost anything else besides their ATP or TP?

To me, these "stages" appear similar to prestige levels in COD4.

The conditional missions sound like a blast though.
    Last edited by Magician; Mar 11, 2009 at 01:57 PM.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

This all sounds like some pretty good stuff - the only downside I can see is this:

I want to run a restricted mission. I have no AMP or AXP. I can't find a group because the only people running them are the elitist guys, and as stated in another post of mine if you aren't "7h15 1337" good luck getting in.

Aside from that, it sounds extremely intriguing. It just depends on their execution, now.

Edit: I would boost other stuff - imagine if you boosted your evade or your defense to insane levels as a gunner (or some other shotgun-toting class) and had barada chamga - that's as close to a tank-ish guy you can probably get in the game, unless they implement other stuff with the styles (like fortefighters getting more "hate" from mobs in parties).
    Last edited by Calsetes; Mar 11, 2009 at 01:58 PM.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

As long as it makes the game more fun I cool with it.
    Xbox: G-TAG = ii STLxBaKeD
    RMS18: Male beast lvl 112 Fighmaster lvl 15, Gunmaster lvl 6
    Yula: Female cast lvl 73, Gunmaster lvl 5, Protranser lvl 1
    Niku: Female newman lvl 72, Masterforce lvl 5, Acrotecher lvl 5
    Elyruin: Male cast lvl 105, Gunmaster lvl 6

restricted levels sound too much like CoP missions on FFXI and NOBODY liked those. meh this whole update is sounding like a bad FFXI rip off, but i'll keep an open mind (or try at least...)
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

This sounds amazing! Now correct me if I'm wrong, but are style and type caps separate? So I can, for example, spend max AP into increased SE effects, and spend max AP into increased critical hits? Or is the AP cap split between the two categories?

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I'm interested in the challenge mode missions, too. It'd give people a reason to use that lower-level armor and weapons, and force them to work for a reward.

Just as a side note, how many people you think will complain that they can't use their master classes on the extremely low-level ones because they're too low to equip their S-ranks? Just curious.....
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Now these additions, are awesome!!

Love everything there is about this - makes grinding a whole lot better to know that there's a reason to use things again!!

Now I cannot wait to do a lot of these things - like picking to level up PAs faster, now that's cool - easy time leveling Boma Maga, Mayalee everything and PAs like Anga Dugrega and Absolute Dance!!

"Abilities you can learn vary between the different types."

The number of abilities that can be learned will be limited between the races.
    Pleasepleasepleaselethumansshine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    I'm interested in the challenge mode missions, too. It'd give people a reason to use that lower-level armor and weapons, and force them to work for a reward.

Just as a side note, how many people you think will complain that they can't use their master classes on the extremely low-level ones because they're too low to equip their S-ranks? Just curious.....
    Yeah, it'll be fun to be restricted to a lower level. I always enjoyed playing as a low-level character, but now I don't have any character slots I want to delete :/

As for the master classes I play, my GM is a CAST, and my MF is a female Newman, so I probably wont have any issues equipping s-ranks (armor might be an issue for the latter...<_<; ). If all else fails, I'll just switch to AF and FT respectively for these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by biggabertha View Post
    Pleasepleasepleaselethumansshine!!!
    Haha, you bring up a good point. If this is going to be remotely anywhere similar to PSZ, humans will probably have the largest AP caps of the races. Of course, this is just a speculation on my part.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Mar 11, 2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: merge edit

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)