Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

This restricted missions idea sounds interesting. Let's just hope they won't ALL belong to the GUARDIANS cash shop.
    And I don't find the lowered level idea that bad. Not only will there be (I hope at least) some challenge in this game again thanks to that, but that also gives the slow-grinding people like me a fair chance at also customizing their stats without having to hit the cap (because I sure know I don't want to hit the cap when it's currently 20-30 levels higher than the most powerful mobs on JP servers).

Not sure what I'll do with my beast, but I'm fairly certain I'm gonna change Rust into a virus/shock inflictor and my newearl AF/FI into a critical hit monster.
    (If this ever hit our servers before they get shut down... )
    Last edited by Rust; Mar 11, 2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: MONSTERRRRRRRR

Interesting news. Looking to add more depth into a hack-slash game. Let's see how this turn out.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Hmm, increasing critical hit ratio would be pointless for me as I play FM- although it would make my gunner better. I'm liking the idea of increasing stats (Newman FM/fF will get HP/ATP boosts if we ever get this). All that concerns me is that some classes are already far too good (looking at you, Gunmaster), and this update looks to improve them?

Don't get me wrong, they're good ideas, but hopefully the classes will be rebalanced to reflect this.

Please, please let me crank up my HUnewearl(s)' ATP

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Eh.....trying to keep an open mind here but my confidence in this "expansion" is waning.

What I don't understand is: If there are these super-special missions with super-special drops and you can increase your characters stats to make them super-special, why bother with the rest of the game? Understand that PSO and PSU are the ONLY online (mmo?)RPGs I've ever played.

KeyBoard Puncher~

FFXI level caps. It seems like PSU took a lot from other actual MMO's. Its not a bad thing, just think they are actually planning stuff and it makes you happy. Although we will get a watered down patch in the US I'm sure.

So all this stuff they're talking about with advanced EXP and customization only applies to a handful of special missions? That's disappointing. Weren't most of these exclusive missions supposed to be "pay to play"?

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    * Type and style customization features can be used only in the exclusive missions.
    Did most people miss this point? It sounds like all these new features only apply to the "pay to play" missions. If you're not willing to pay extra money, you can't do any customization. Or am I reading this wrong?

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

This sounds amazing!! A real update with a bunch of new stuff, sounds promising. I like all of what I read (even the temporary level reduction ... makes it a bit more challenging!).

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Well, this sounds...interesting. Changing the mechanics around looks like it might add a bit more challenge and spice to the game.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

i wish this was coming out this week ;_; for the SOA players
    Xiledgaming.com
    [[Biggest Gaming community 30k memebers]]

Main GT: Syn Jerriel

GT for PSU: KoG Queenubcake
    Queen Nubcake 150 Protranser/FF/AcroTecher/FM @ 13
    Kitty 104 FT/AcroTecher/MF @10

Quote Originally Posted by stukasa View Post
    Did most people miss this point? It sounds like all these new features only apply to the "pay to play" missions. If you're not willing to pay extra money, you can't do any customization. Or am I reading this wrong?
    I hear what you're saying, but I'm not sure that ALL of these "exclusive missions" will be cash shop missions. Hopefully they mean "exclusive" to new missions in general, rather than just pay missions.
    Last edited by Matic; Mar 11, 2009 at 04:18 PM.

"Somebody will be waiting for me, so I...have gotta SHINE BRIGHTER!!"
    Matic: H Male, WT/AT/FI
    Mioné: N Female, FT/MF