Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How would you fix / modify PSU to make it better?

Hello,

I would like to know how you would want Phantasy Star Universe to work as so it's a better, more fun game experience. Don't think about costs, just list all what you think PSU is missing, doing wrong, needs to change, etc.

I'm curious and would like to know if you have the same complaints / ideas for features as me.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

I'd fix Sega. No, fuck that. I'd switch Sega with a decent company.

Okay, then:

Effective international advertising. (At least buy up some banner ads.)

Add an international free trial. (Goes well with the above.)

Balance the damn missions.

Give something to techers, and possibly hybrids.

Release all the friggin' items. Or at least, a good chunk of the ones we still, for some reason, over two years past release, do not have.

play something else...besides this game.

Make the final Xbox Achievement obtainable.
    Back on PSU after a 8 month absence from July 2007 to April 2008.
    NOW back again after a two year absence. June 2009-June 2011
    However after just 5 days I called it quits as nothing has changed, thanks for the memory's as I permanently leave.

Level 91 Male Beast - Xbox 360 Server

- Port Acromaster over from PSP.

- Physically abuse SoJ until they realize there's a world outside of Japan and that their snootiness isn't helping Sega recover from their history of fail.

- Verbally abuse SoJ until they come up with some half-decent AI for enemy NPCs.

- Boost random PAs and tech damage. You know, instead of pointlessly nerfing Jabroken/etc. and causing more whining.

Edit:

- Add party search functionality. IE, go to random Guardians counter, find/join an existing party anywhere. Because, you know, running across Gurhal trying to find people not doing White Beast is totally fun. Oh yeah.

There you go, fix'd. :P
    Last edited by Juza; Mar 23, 2009 at 10:37 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Release all the friggin' items. Or at least, a good chunk of the ones we still, for some reason, over two years past release, do not have.
    what would those be?

My suggestion would be to balance the missions, like someone else said. I'm sick of White Beast. I want to play other missions but there is no one else to play with anywhere else.

Stop blaming Sega (SoA or SoJ) for lack of content for PSU. they cant release the updates until Microsoft okays them, even stupid things like lobby changes need to be approved months in advance.

my final fix would be to bring all PSU players together under one server, like PSO used to be. a true Universe
    Last edited by pinkace; Mar 23, 2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Sega is doing much better than they were 4 years ago. MUCH better. In fact, I'd say they are doing better than the DC days.

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    Hello,

I would like to know how you would want Phantasy Star Universe to work as so it's a better, more fun game experience. Don't think about costs, just list all what you think PSU is missing, doing wrong, needs to change, etc.

I'm curious and would like to know if you have the same complaints / ideas for features as me.
    I would fix all the bullshit. Like showing techs back in their lv31 and 41 forms.
    I want to show off my techs to my friends >

Quote Originally Posted by pinkace View Post
    what would those be?
    Pretty much everything listed in blue or red in here: http://psupedia.info/Weapons

Stop blaming Sega (SoA or SoJ) for lack of content for PSU. they cant release the updates until Microsoft okays them, even stupid things like lobby changes need to be approved months in advance.
    What? You realize the 360 isn't the only platform PSU is on, right? As far as I know, they have no such need to report to Microsoft for the PC or the PS2, and somehow I doubt they go through such a process on the 360....

my final fix would be to bring all PSU players together under one server, like PSO used to be. a true Universe
    Ah, I thought about that, but if the population were larger this wouldn't be necessary, I think. Which is really the main issue, besides everyone congregating at White Beast, anywho.

Just some basic structures and this game would turn over.

Map.

-rebalance all mission map again including drop list. Set each mission to have some exclusive or standout point and show the difficulty of each mission at counter by 1 star(easiest) to 5 star( hardest, with worthy rewards).

-remove all the rare spawn/map selection system. Make it as PSO so that people don't spend most of their time abort missions. They could make the drop rate higher to match the situation that players can't abort at b1.

-change the GBR system to run the whole planets not just few selected missions. They wouldn't lose so many customer with the boredom, if they don't force them to play same mission by hotspot system over and over.(in the past when population was higher, they even gave only 1 hot spot mission for the whole month!? as if they want to make them leave!!?)

-since all the mission are too old now, they need to release the new rank of every mission at someday together all at once as a big update to refresh the game again. Thus lure huge population to retry this game. (I don't think it is hard to just add a new rank anyway, just increase monster level to 200.)

Battle

-Change the Just attack! to increase only 1.25x damage, not the whole 100% critical.

-Give the techer has longer incrination time like 2x, while they do 3x damage. So that their play style will be more stand out more than shooting rapid(magic) from behind like ranger. and that 1.5 dps would make them come up dps to fighter level now, with the draw back that they cast so slow and need protection. Make techer be the expert at multi-target destruction!
    (note: having slower cast time, mean they can let tech effect to become lv 41+ again with less slow down compare to lv 21 with 2x faster)

Those are what the most important aspect so far, and all of them are something that they can implement it with any system update if they are smart enough.
    Last edited by Arika; Mar 23, 2009 at 11:02 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server