Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ok, I'm going to list pretty much everything I can think of that would make this game perfect.

1. Character Imbalance. This one, for obvious reasons, needs to be fixed.

2. Map Imbalance. This one, for obvious reasons, needs to be fixed. The fact that everyone does White Beast all the time is retarded. More variety please.

3. GUILDS. A lot of you may disagree with me, but from my long term experience in Online Games, guilds is pretty much mandatory in any real MMO. PSU would be perfect if they had guilds.
    No, I'm not talking about the fake cheesy clans that last a day. I'm talking about real guilds, like the ones where in some MMO's last for years.

4. Level requirement for missions. What do I mean by this? Basically, I'm not sure about you guys, but I'd rather not do a mission that you can do at level 10 as well as at level 150. The ranking system for missions is rigged because you're doing the same missions over and over for your whole PSU career, hence why people get so bored. Make ONLY level 130+ missions, or ONLY level 100-120 missions, or something like that. Don't have a "C RANK" version of the same mission that has a level 140 version of it. That's just lame.

5. Add some of the PSP features to the real PSU. What do I mean by this?

The following I give full credit to psupedia.info for.

New features

Phantasy Star Portable introduces a number of new features which will set it apart from its console predecessors.
    While in a party for wireless multiplayer, if a rare armor or weapon is collected, it will be distributed to all party members. If a rare item (example: Scape Doll) is collected, the item will then be distributed only to one player (determined by the games item order settings set by the leader).
    Drop items in a mission change based on the Guardian type of the party leader.
    Enemies and boxes drop only weapons, line shields and related items. Also, photon art disks drop during missions as area drops or boss box drops.
    Movement in cities is changed so that you can select a location to go to from a menu instead of walking there. There are no lobbies, as such.
    Weapon grinding is changed to get rid of the chance of failure. However, instead of stats increasing at predetermined values, increases will be random.
    For the Japan-only PSU mission to commemorate the release of PSP, see Innocent Girl.
    The Japanese version of the game also allowed players to import their character data from PSU. This only affected looks, clothes, and level (up to 20) though.
    Only SOME of these I agree with, I think Upgrade Grinders are great, BUT I think they should be EXTREMELY rare. A free upgrade is a free ride, and free ride's don't come easy.

I don't agree that items that drop should be according to the leader of the party's class.

I hate the drop down menu personally, this would be stupid for online anyways.

I think also they should add Acromaster + more Master Classes.

6. I read somewhere someone said "Make the monsters harder with more people". Yes, this would be a good idea. I'm finding that missions are far too easy, and they're just farming missions now.

7. LEVEL APPROPRIATE MISSIONS. By this, I mean people shouldn't be able to do missions 15 levels above their level. You should only be able to do missions that are of YOUR level, or approximately close to it.

8. More photon arts. Repetitive gameplay is boring. When will you understand that, Sega? Did you guys major in repetitism?

9. A new, if not several, new base classes. Remember the ol' Hunter, Force, Ranger? Let's see a new class, Sega. Not new master classes, new base classes. Along with a new race, or several new races.

10. Once the game is fixed up and more popular again (if it ever will be >_>) release a new expansion, or better yet if it doesn't get fixed up, which it probably won't, release a new Phantasy Star all together.

Cheers

Dont get me started...
    BORG#1980-06 lvl 154 20GM/FG/FiG/10GT
    Miss June lvl 153 20MF/FT/AT/10WT
    VENGEANCE lvl 150 12MF/20AT/FT/10WT
    EXecutioner lvl 140 20PT
    Miss June lvl 140 20AF {retired 11-08}

Quote Originally Posted by N2TrAnC3 View Post
    Dont get me started...
    rofl.

The Main problem with PSU is that they went to far from the path that was working just fine. I'm sorry, but most of the good updates or "changes" that we have been getting somehow revolve around the orgianl PSO. ( i.e. weapons, themes (clothing), ect.) But I'm not going to whine about how I wish PSU is more like PSO.

BUT

Alot of you guys hit the nail on the head. Better variety, a more diversified item drop system....yes yes and yes. About the PSP stuff... it's more creative in general. So why didn't they do it for PSU? Who knows, but it's making the game suffer.

I think a very obvious change that would improve gameplay alot is simply this:

Slow Down the enemies!! Walking into a room and betting bum rushed, and pushed into the corner, until the eneimes are sliding around is STUPID and CHEAP.

Give enemies more HP (while slowing them down) so you have to lay into them more. It's more fun and requires more team work.

KNOCK back IS RETARTED. Changing this would single handedly fix all the other annoying things associated with Tornado Dance, Jabroga, ect. What if knock back, simply did just THAT. Knock them back (slide them back) away from you, creating space between you and the target. Chasing down enemies that are flying around the map is also annyoing.

Thats all I'm going to say for now.
    Last edited by Andy1423; Mar 24, 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1423 View Post
    The Main problem with PSU is that they went to far from the path that was working just fine. I'm sorry, but most of the good updates or "changes" that we have been getting somehow revolve around the orgianl PSO. ( i.e. weapons, themes (clothing), ect.) But I'm not going to whine about how I wish PSU is more like PSO.

BUT

Alot of you guys hit the nail on the head. Better variety, a more diversified item drop system....yes yes and yes. About the PSP stuff... it's more creative in general. So why didn't they do it for PSU? Who knows, but it's making the game suffer.

I think a very obvious change that would improve gameplay alot is simply this:

Slow Down the enemies!! Walking into a room and betting bum rushed, and pushed into the corner, until the eneimes are sliding around is STUPID and CHEAP.

Give enemies more HP (while slowing them down) so you have to lay into them more. It's more fun and requires more team work.

Down back IS RETARTED. Changing this would single handedly fix all the other annoying things associated with Tornado Dance, Jabroga, ect. What if knock back, simply did just THAT. Knock them back (slide them back) away from you, creating space between you and the target. Chasing down enemies that are flying around the map is also annyoing.

Thats all I'm going to say for now.
    I gotta say the things they did with PSP were really smart in my opinion. Title achievements are awesome, too.

I think this topic link should be posted on the official PSU forums so maybe sega can get some ideas (and hopefully listen, then maybe I'd consider coming back to PSU). Up to the OP though, I didn't make this topic.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Honestly, I think it's good enough to last out the rest of its life cycle (which is probably pretty soon, anyway). A few things need to be changed, some classes made stronger, others weaker, but I doubt they'd do it. I would honestly start from scratch and just make a whole new game that would be an improvement on PSU's basework, but still different from both PSU and PSO (yes, different from the game that apparently everyone and their mother thinks is the best thing ever since the invention of electricity). If they made a new online game based off of the old original Phantasy Star franchise, they'd have quite a few races right there - human, cast, newman, motavian, esper, and dezorian, plus I'm sure they'd sneak in a new race or something along the way (whatever Mieu was, but dunno how someone would play a talking cat).

However, if I could only add one thing, it'd be a Swordsman class - they can use swords, sabers, twin sabers, daggers, and twin daggers. Maybe a gun or something, but that'd be getting too far away from swords.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by WHlTEKNIGHT View Post
    Only thing that ms has to certify is the title updates, nothing else.
    Go to the PSU forums and ask. The game admins usually post on that forum. I found out by asking an admin while they had that "ask an admin in person" event... chillaura explained it to us. this was back in 07 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by biggabertha View Post

Spoiler!

dude those are awesome. the first one is so true! what's wrong with people?
    Last edited by pinkace; Mar 24, 2009 at 09:59 AM.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I read that, it makes me happy in my special place. Maybe people will actually use other classes, as opposed to demand everyone use fighmaster, and demand that everyone uses spears and axes.

On a side note, I probably won't really change my cast character's SUV away from Paradi, unless it was one of those big fist single punch ones (I forget the name of it), and that's only for macro reasons.

Edit: Not Pink's stuff, though that did remind me of all those times trying to get one of those swords from the guys in ultimate forest (the big green guys that replaced the jiggo boomas).
    Last edited by Calsetes; Mar 24, 2009 at 10:05 AM.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Oh yeah, talking about Paradi reminded me of one more thing.

- New SUVS (big explosion, charged super large beam, firing frontal homeseaking missiles)
    - Nerf Paradi, get rid of Sturm Buster/Attacker and give the other regular B-A suvs a addition of S-rank upgrade as to give a more reason to make them stronger then the Paradi and not enable lazy mode as you have to aim a bit.

Also every new SUV should be S-rank so it gotta be hunted in it´s special location.
    Gives more reason for Cast race to hunt shat also.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0