Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Interesting Story

Hello everyone. I managed to almost single-handedly defeat the Episode 1 Boss called De Rol Le. First off, my character (at least at the time of this battle) was a Level 15 HUmar, so there was a chance that I wasn't gonna win this fight. I entered the boss battle with three teammates: a Level 14 FOmar, a Level 6 FOnewearl, and a Level 6 HUnewearl. Right off the bat, both level 6's on the team died. Neither the HUcast nor myself had any way to revive them. So it was just the FOmar and myself facing against the boss. The FOmar didn't start casting any kind of useful magic until a little before halfway, and he was using a sword the rest of the time. I managed to keep myself healed using a Level 2 Resta spell.

So we're whittling away at it and the FOmar dies, which leaves me all alone and De Rol Le's mask comes off. Well now I'm in trouble. There were countless times in the match when I thought I would lose, but lucky me, I had 10 Monofluids and 2 Difluids in my inventory at the time and used those along with Resta to keep my health in check. About 30-45 minutes later, after tireless toil, I managed to defeat it.

This just goes to show you that even one of the weakest of God's Ten Wise Men can still kick some ass!
    Last edited by TWM_Metatron; Apr 22, 2009 at 11:33 PM.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

and what exactly mode is this? I think I have an idea. lol
    Well Kudos to you anyhow.
    I've had close calls like that befor.

Well it was Normal Mode, obviously. I checked and no one in the group could have opened up a room on Hard as Hard rooms can only be opened up by those Level 20 and higher.

Thanks for the congrats, by the way.

Nice, congrats dood.

Quote Originally Posted by TWM_Metatron View Post
    The HUcast didn't start casting any kind of useful magic until a little before halfway
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzazikon View Post

What?
    Wait, I messed up the class names. For a second, I thought "HU" was Human, not Hunter. Let me try that again:

I was a HUmar
    Then there was a Level 14 FOmar (The one I got mixed up with HUcast)
    The the two Level 6's were a HUnewearl and a FOnewearl.

There. My mistake! Sorry about that! Even a Ten Wise Men can make a mistake.
    Last edited by TWM_Metatron; Apr 22, 2009 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TWM_Metatron View Post
    Wait, I messed up the class names. For a second, I thought "HU" was Human, not Hunter. Let me try that again:

I was a HUmar
    Then there was a Level 14 FOmar (The one I got mixed up with HUcast)
    The the two Level 6's were a HUnewearl and a FOnewearl.

There. My mistake! Sorry about that! Even a Ten Wise Men can make a mistake.
    It's koo bra. ;o Nice to see you enjoy the gaem.

I remember the first time I fought the Sil Dragon (ver.2). I was a mid-70's Lvl HUmar and it took me almost an hour of careful footwork to mostly avoid being frozen (it was before I got my god-send State/Maintenance), but eventually I felled the icy beast.

Ranger + Shots = De Le Roy meat.

And as I found out the hard way, Mechguns + De Rol Le = never touching him until he lands on the platform.....

Quote Originally Posted by raikomaru40 View Post
    And as I found out the hard way, Mechguns + De Rol Le = never touching him until he lands on the platform.....
    Depends on two things here: Your characters ATA, and whether or not the Mechgun being used has hit. Surely you already know this. I'm able to hit Dal Ra Lie just fine with my 35% Hit Vulcans, even when he's swimming next to the raft.