Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

According to the Japanese instruction manual, the war between laia and orakio took place at the same time of PSIV, so PSIII takes place 1000 years after PSIV. That was changed in the American manuals thou.

And no doubt that Mother Trinity in Coral and Project MOTHER in Ragol are the same thing, but they are not reason enough to connect with Algol, in Gurhal there is also a MOTHER Brain and it has nothing to do with a human alien invasion like in PSII.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    According to the Japanese instruction manual, the war between laia and orakio took place at the same time of PSIV, so PSIII takes place 1000 years after PSIV. That was changed in the American manuals thou.

And no doubt that Mother Trinity in Coral and Project MOTHER in Ragol are the same thing, but they are not reason enough to connect with Algol, in Gurhal there is also a MOTHER Brain and it has nothing to do with a human alien invasion like in PSII.
    When u fight mother in PSU it has that PS2 boss music no? Thats an obvious connection.

@ zandra, Yeah, I knew bout the tails, but I didnt know about the killing off Humans part o.o

Yeah, and half the OST in PSO is taken from the original games, that's an obvious connection between Ragol and Algol

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Yeah, and half the OST in PSO is taken from the original games, that's an obvious connection between Ragol and Algol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIKc...e=channel_page
    Never noticed that.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    When u fight mother in PSU it has that PS2 boss music no? Thats an obvious connection.

@ zandra, Yeah, I knew bout the tails, but I didnt know about the killing off Humans part o.o
    Here is part of a translated scene from the Phantasy Star Memorial Drama CD. The PSM Drama CD is a direct prequal to Phantasy Star IV and it is an official part of Phantasy Star canon.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantas...Memorial_Drama
    I have edited it a tiny bit to change the Japanese names to their English version counterparts. (Rudy to Chaz)

In this scene Nei (NM-1153) after being helped by a young Chaz. Nei has left Chaz behind and she has infiltrated the Bio-Dome, where she was created, and is now talking with the computer that created her, Gene.

Gene: As a remaining system of the 'Great Collaspe', it is my task to perform Neitype research. You were created as a step towards birthing a new race capable of surviving the harsh enviroments following the 'Great Collaspe'.

Nei: Birthing a new race...? You created me for a reason like that?

Gene: Certainly, that is one reason.. However, I had another purpose for creating you.

Nei: Another purpose?

Gene: That is correct. That is, to wipe out human beings, the lesser lifeforms, from existence on this planet.

Nei: Why?

Gene: You should understand that already from seeing what the outside world is like. The destruction of the inferior species is only the natural choice by laws of nature. I made a judgment based on their incapability to survive, the NM-1000 Series will be used as a step towards conservation.

Nei: I'm beginning to remember more and more.. I'm even certain that I've heard those same words two years ago..

Gene: That's right, you were my ultimate masterpiece. To eliminate those archaeic humans, to open the doors to a new stage in history led by a bright, shining new race - for those reasons, you were born. ... Hmm? What happened to the ring on your neck?

Nei: Ring?

Gene: It seems to have come off somehow. Not only does that ring transmit a detailed current status of your body, it also has a built-in resonance-wave device that attracts bio-monsters.

Nei: ....So it really was the ring! So then, the reason why monsters randomly appeared wherever I went was all because of that ring. All because of that ring, grandfather was killed!

Gene: Killed? Is there something wrong with that? To manipulate bio-monsters and to cause the extinction of the human species; that is your mission. I have already made the appropriate preparations. I have successfully hacked into the main system's arsenal of weapons. Now then, under your command, go and wipe out the humans. Go out and create history as a new species, my daughter.

Nei: No, I won't.

Gene: What is the matter? You are not supposed to be able to refuse my orders.

Nei: I could care less! I... I was better off not having any memories. Of course there were lots of horrible things about it, like not knowing why I looked different from everybody, but... I... to be born just for the purpose of killing humans.. I just can't do that. I can't kill Chaz or any human.

Gene: Are you saying you will not obey my orders, no matter what?

Nei: No, I won't!

Gene: Somehow, it appears that you are defective. You will be erased.

[sounds of a capsule moving close up and then opening]

Nei: That.. looks just like me!

Gene: The neitype research has already advanced to the next level. The NM-2000 series surpasses the NM-1000 series in terms of both power and speed. 2011, it has become apparent that 1153 has gone insane. Quickly dispense of her.

NM-2011: I understand, Mother.

[end of scene]

You can read the entire translation of the drama CD here http://crystaltenshi.com/phantasystar/translation.html
    Last edited by zandra117; May 5, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    Here is part of a translated scene from the Phantasy Star Memorial Drama CD. The PSM Drama CD is a direct prequal to Phantasy Star IV and it is an official part of Phantasy Star canon.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantas...Memorial_Drama
    I have edited it a tiny bit to change the Japanese names to their English version counterparts. (Rudy to Chaz)

In this scene Nei (NM-1153) after being helped by a young Chaz. Nei has left Chaz behind and she has infiltrated the Bio-Dome, where she was created, and is now talking with the computer that created her, Gene.

Gene: As a remaining system of the 'Great Collaspe', it is my task to perform Neitype research. You were created as a step towards birthing a new race capable of surviving the harsh enviroments following the 'Great Collaspe'.

Nei: Birthing a new race...? You created me for a reason like that?

Gene: Certainly, that is one reason.. However, I had another purpose for creating you.

Nei: Another purpose?

Gene: That is correct. That is, to wipe out human beings, the lesser lifeforms, from existence on this planet.

Nei: Why?

Gene: You should understand that already from seeing what the outside world is like. The destruction of the inferior species is only the natural choice by laws of nature. I made a judgment based on their incapability to survive, the NM-1000 Series will be used as a step towards conservation.

Nei: I'm beginning to remember more and more.. I'm even certain that I've heard those same words two years ago..

Gene: That's right, you were my ultimate masterpiece. To eliminate those archaeic humans, to open the doors to a new stage in history led by a bright, shining new race - for those reasons, you were born. ... Hmm? What happened to the ring on your neck?

Nei: Ring?

Gene: It seems to have come off somehow. Not only does that ring transmit a detailed current status of your body, it also has a built-in resonance-wave device that attracts bio-monsters.

Nei: ....So it really was the ring! So then, the reason why monsters randomly appeared wherever I went was all because of that ring. All because of that ring, grandfather was killed!

Gene: Killed? Is there something wrong with that? To manipulate bio-monsters and to cause the extinction of the human species; that is your mission. I have already made the appropriate preparations. I have successfully hacked into the main system's arsenal of weapons. Now then, under your command, go and wipe out the humans. Go out and create history as a new species, my daughter.

Nei: No, I won't.

Gene: What is the matter? You are not supposed to be able to refuse my orders.

Nei: I could care less! I... I was better off not having any memories. Of course there were lots of horrible things about it, like not knowing why I looked different from everybody, but... I... to be born just for the purpose of killing humans.. I just can't do that. I can't kill Chaz or any human.

Gene: Are you saying you will not obey my orders, no matter what?

Nei: No, I won't!

Gene: Somehow, it appears that you are defective. You will be erased.

[sounds of a capsule moving close up and then opening]

Nei: That.. looks just like me!

Gene: The neitype research has already advanced to the next level. The NM-2000 series surpasses the NM-1000 series in terms of both power and speed. 2011, it has become apparent that 1153 has gone insane. Quickly dispense of her.

NM-2011: I understand, Mother.

[end of scene]

You can read the entire translation of the drama CD here http://crystaltenshi.com/phantasystar/translation.html
    So Rika was the new one? who killed Nei???

You can read the entire story in the link xD It's worth it, and better if you have the mp3 to accompany the reading.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    So Rika was the new one? who killed Nei???
    Rika is actually NM-3001. But yeah, you should totally read the whole story at the link.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Rika is actually NM-3001. But yeah, you should totally read the whole story at the link.
    That was an awesome story.

I kinda hate Wren now :P, but awesome story

WARNING MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS FOR PHANTASY STAR ZERO BELOW
    Spoiler!
    Dammit Montegue! You screwed up big-time!
    I do like the role that Casts played though...Why does this feel like it comes from a time parallel to PSO? I get the impression that those who didn't leave on the PIONEER expedition got blasted by MOTHER [Trinity Mother] (Montegue did mention that MOTHER was in development before they left Coral) years after PIONEER 1 & 2 left, and those who did leave were, of course, in the whole Ragol incedent. Flowen's messages hint at the fact that Otso might have known about the Dark Falz on Ragol (Note on Mother's power source). So, maybe, Zero and Online ARE parallel stories which all happen after the PS1-4 series!

Forgive my inability to keep a linear train of processing...
    Next Red Box is mine! Either that or i eAt yoUR sOUl!
    Wait. We each get one now? Then give me yours. I know I got one! Give me yours anyway!