Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is the supplemental update coming to X360?

Yeah, im thinking about ditching my loved PS2 characters and joining 360 version. Ive downloaded the old PSU 360 demo off Xbox live (LOL Vanilla) and noticed the HUGE difference in gameplay (runs at full FPS no frameskip, full draw distance, effects are better visible) and actually am loving the plethora of players online. (Although, the PS2/PC population is FAR more mature and less annoying. I rarely get kicked from parties in PS2/PC no matter my level, but you're more likely to run into an asshole on 360.)

So, is the supplemental update coming to 360? Im sure it is, i just havent heard it from the staff yet. I know the 360 updates on the same schedule as the PS2/PC and US/EU 360 schedule.

BTW, are there any PS2/PC players that have switched to 360 that regret it?
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Apr 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Based on previous occasions, we should for the NA/EU version. Only problem, is that the Ps2 will be screwed. So to answer you, we should. It's not confirmed but it's looking like it should. =.=
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Please don't judge the 360 community based on the demo... I totally agree it's fully of annoying kids wanting to chat and see pictures of naked ladies.

It's nothing like that in the actual game. Paying the sub clears out most of the kids and it's a pretty good community, the only downside is that it's so busy and can be hard to make friends in some of the busy lobbies.

Anyways, I play the 360 version, only just got back into it after over a year away. If you do decide to move over, add my tag: RaMarcus

The answer is probably.

Oh, and if graphics is a concern, you should try the PC version. Depending on your specs, it can easily outperform the 360 version. If you're stuck on a laptop like me, however, 360 may be your best bet there.

somehow i dont see the pc outperforming the 360 version from all videos it lacks some of the alpha channels, then again it all depends if you have a badass videocard that can rendor everything smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Zenon View Post
    somehow i dont see the pc outperforming the 360 version from all videos it lacks some of the alpha channels, then again it all depends if you have a badass videocard that can rendor everything smoothly.
    Liek Meh?! lol

Yeah I play on the 360 side as well, and I agree with the guy who posted about the 360 community not being as bad as people make it out to be. It's really not that bad. It's just human nature to look for the bad before the good. >.>;

Anyways, If you have a good computer, the only difference that you will see is that it runs a little smoother, and that everything seems just slightly more polished. The 360 version could do it, SoJ decided to rush the 360 port, and then not fix some of the slowdown. >_>

Yeah ive been on PS2/PC for a while, so the jump from PS2-360 surprised me WAY more than it should. It literately runs on almost full PC specs, with a few minor downgrades. (only downgrade being the resolution, but if PSU has a second resolution option then i dont see anything the PC renders better.) My PC is on 3GB Ram with a Nividia 8600 card, so it runs PSU pretty much perfectly on max specs. It was amazing to actually be able to see the full draw distance on my TV.

The voice chat actually makes PSU a far better game. Even though i dont have a mic, its fun to actually talk while playing. And even more of a PSU360 Plus, i can play my own music while grinding. Believe it or not, music makes a HUUUGEEE difference while playing mmorpgs. PSO did a good job, but PSU completely failed on it. Luckly i have the PSO soundtrack on my 360 and a plethora of other music on my PC its connected to, so my ears should never get bored while playing. It makes it alot more fun.

IMO, 360 PSU should get everything the PC (WINDOWS) version is getting. If the 360 version doesnt get the supplement update it would really make no sense at all. (Hello harddrive, hello FAR superior graphical and processing horsepower, hello Voice Chat, hello Downloadable Content, hello 10x larger population.)

It also super surprised me that the first universe of the 360 demo population has like 5-6 stars and was maxed out. I could understand of course if this lowers during subscription, but thats more players than the PS2 version has EVER had. Ive never seen so many players online before. 0.0

BTW, i have a question ive never seen answered before, does the 360 version of PSU share servers with the Japanese 360 servers? Seeing as everything 360 JP psu gets is basically everything we get...
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Apr 25, 2009 at 03:28 PM.

id love to switch over to pc, but i cant start anew all over again. but im so sick of the 360 problem's like booter's and random disconnects

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    BTW, i have a question ive never seen answered before, does the 360 version of PSU share servers with the Japanese 360 servers? Seeing as everything 360 JP psu gets is basically everything we get...
    NA/EU 360 Servers are the same as JP 360 servers. So if you go to the designated JP server (Uni 16) then you can find a lot of them there. It's actually kinda interesting to see. :3

Anyways, on 360 we get the same updates as JP 360 because they are the same server.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    yes, JP players have their own universe: 16 Perseus, it fills at least 1* full during peak hour(time difference 12+- fm states), also JP players are seen on populated univ all the time. *BladeM6 just beat me to this -_-*

Also note the infamous robot slow down on 360 was finally fixed a while back with the major client update.

Just to clarify about the random booters, it really isn't the issue with 360 platform but the individuals and the community effort in dealing with them which is another whole new topic. As for the random disconnects, it rarely happens only when server is over populated like last week at the start of the event where I could count up to 27 full stars at peak moment, or maybe it could be due to your poor connection. If demo server works ok for you, then you're set.