Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I level all my PA's simultaneously. I have fire, ice, lightning, ground, light and dark shotgun bullets, for example. They ALL are level 13 now. When one hits 14, I immediately switch to the next level 13 bullet until that is 14, and I continue that way. The same goes for my Grenade launcher, rifle and handgun.

As far as technics for my force, I got everything over level 11, and I follow the same ruleset. Everything levels simultaneously.

What I am saying is, when you have 50 different PA's to level, it does matter.

thats going to get old for you real fast lmao
    Another mission the powers have called me away. Another time to carry the colors again.
    My motivation an oath I've sworn to defend. To win the honor of coming back home again.
    No explanation will matter after we begin. Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within.
    My true vocation and now my unfortunate friend. You will discover a war you're unable to win.

I find it fastest to focus on one PA at a time, then you're not constantly switching in and out. Also: don't constantly check the XP on a PA. Something I've learned in my years of MMOs is that things always SEEM to move faster when you're not paying attention to them.
    Kao Ichihara, Protranser Extraordinaire (PC/PS2--Retired)
    Human M - Lv 150 - 20 PT

Well I have been doing this for years now. This is why I dont have any level 41 PA's... but I am almost ready for almost any situation :P

For years and your bullets are only 13 pushing 14? I do not mean to sound mean if I do but, you must be doing it wrong. I started playing before WMC and up to this point, I have one PA @40, another @38, and possibly 2 more in the 30's I think (not logged in atm). Majority of the rest of my PA's are in the 20's range. Off course I have some that are still in the 10-19 range and some not even learned. But, I do have a lot of PA"s learned and without even doing the method you've chosen, they seem to have leveled more efficiently than yours have. o_o

Again, I'm not trying to diss you, say you suck or whatever other possible negative meaning you can perceive from this but, I suggest you try it like I have been. Level what you like to use but also, whats more effective. For example: Using Fire on Ice mobs, Earth on Lightning, etc. Now, one of the things I do to make sure they all level decently and not leave any other PA's too far behind is similar to what you do but, I do it at different intervals.

You do all your PA's in 1 level increments. Like mentioned above, that should have gotten old for you real fast. What I do is, when one of them breaks into a new tier (11+, 21+, 31+, etc) thats when I consider holding off on using them and using another more often. I still use it when I have to play serious but, if its just messing around, helping friends or monsters that I know are no threat (a lot of them lol), I'll use other element bullets/technics or Skills that I havene't leveled as high or a different weapon and skill set in general. By doing this, it helps me break off the monotonous using a particular weapon too often. Also, the changing of the pa's (more on the skill and technic side) is nice too. Maybe all I had to say was "Raise your intervals from every level to every tier" instead of all the other text but... whatever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    For years and your bullets are only 13 pushing 14? I do not mean to sound mean if I do but, you must be doing it wrong. I started playing before WMC and up to this point, I have one PA @40, another @38, and possibly 2 more in the 30's I think (not logged in atm). Majority of the rest of my PA's are in the 20's range. Off course I have some that are still in the 10-19 range and some not even learned. But, I do have a lot of PA"s learned and without even doing the method you've chosen, they seem to have leveled more efficiently than yours have. o_o

Again, I'm not trying to diss you, say you suck or whatever other possible negative meaning you can perceive from this but, I suggest you try it like I have been. Level what you like to use but also, whats more effective. For example: Using Fire on Ice mobs, Earth on Lightning, etc. Now, one of the things I do to make sure they all level decently and not leave any other PA's too far behind is similar to what you do but, I do it at different intervals.

You do all your PA's in 1 level increments. Like mentioned above, that should have gotten old for you real fast. What I do is, when one of them breaks into a new tier (11+, 21+, 31+, etc) thats when I consider holding off on using them and using another more often. I still use it when I have to play serious but, if its just messing around, helping friends or monsters that I know are no threat (a lot of them lol), I'll use other element bullets/technics or Skills that I havene't leveled as high or a different weapon and skill set in general. By doing this, it helps me break off the monotonous using a particular weapon too often. Also, the changing of the pa's (more on the skill and technic side) is nice too. Maybe all I had to say was "Raise your intervals from every level to every tier" instead of all the other text but... whatever lol.
    I dont think they meant years as in years playing this game, i think they meant it either to describe their entire MMO career or as a figure of speech. Also, technically their method shouldnt take much longer than focusing on one art then the next in the long run.

^

no, he is right, I meant 'years' as in since I started playing PSU (launch day).

I like Jaguar's suggestion to level a bullet to 21+ and then move to another one. I will try that.

I think someone really explained why my bullets are so low while my characters/classes are so high; it is because while I play a healthy ammonut (over 2400 hours between 4 characters), a ton of this time is spent on events.
    Last edited by pinkace; May 11, 2009 at 04:22 PM.

Hey Pinkace, you play on PC/PS2 servers right? If so, let me know so we can exchange cards and we can hang out . My main is Forbiddenbeat so if you are on PC/PS2, leave a message on my BB and we can try to catch each other some time.

I play on 360. Hell, PSU is the reason I got one; I remember going to the store;

"hi can I have PSU please? what is PSU? well Phantasy Star Universe of course... it just came out today... that's right. what? you only have 3 copies? good god, they are selling like hotcakes huh? thats aweso.... oh you only got 3 copies for the whole store... and I am the first one to buy one? that's... uhmm, great. well, thank you, see you late... oh crap wait!! I need to buy a 360 as well."

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I'm in the same boat as Pink. I played since launch (with a one year break in the middle, only because my PC exploded and it took me that long to rebuild a mother-of-god machine). My gunner (who's an alt, mind you so that does count for some of it) has two shotgun bullets at 21, the rest somewhere between 11 and 15, two rifle bullets at 21, the rest (again) between 11 and 17 or so, and 2 laser bullets at 21, the rest are (guess where?) between 11 and 15 or so.

Although I did start using random PAs and weapons for other classes and such, and have a good number of them around the 21+ mark. The main thing is I really don't go into an area, say "How can I get skill X to the cap the fastest?" then go at it, I level them as I use them. I think it's more fun that way (as long as you avoid all the guys who go, "A level 100 gunmaster with level 11 ground bullets!?!? You suck, I boot you now!")

Back on topic though, I started out leveling all my bullets and skills that way too, Pink, but found the "move to next bracket and switch then" strategy pretty good also. I level my guns like this:

Rifle, Shotgun, Laser, in that order, all on.... Fire, let's say. I use up my rifles, switch to my shotguns, then to my lasers. Once my rifle fire bullet hits 21, I switch it to something that's high PP-usage, like Killer Shot, and use that until they're dead, then switch to shotguns, then switch to lasers. Sounds a bit confusing, but it levels up my Killer Shot pretty well, makes sure that all my bullets are around the same level, and keeps things somewhat interesting.
    Last edited by Calsetes; May 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: you play on 360, sorry.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!