Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 40% weapons

Default 40% weapons

Why does it seem that mostly 95% of the high percentage weapons I've seen are either 42% or 46%??? Why isn't there more of a variety in percentage?
    Last edited by Chris28; May 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

Because you can only synth 42, 46 or 50 when it's above 38. There's no 40 or any other 40+ % available when synthing.

Stuff like Desert Arms Shop or Dark Crystal seeker can give any % at 40+, though.

Exclamation

It used to be 44% only no 42% or 46% before the expansion

what's the thought process behind that?

You can synthesize striking weapons and line shields anywhere between 10%-38% in intervals of 2% (10%, 12%, 14%, etc.). After 38%, it goes in intervals of 4% (42%, 46%, 50%).
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post
    what's the thought process behind that?
    Segac's the thought process. Nuff said. <_>;

But yeah, I agree... a little more variation would've made things more interesting, imo... that, and having weapons drop made like they do in PSP instead of having to synth them all the time...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I don't see why sega didn't make it so you could just poor an entire stack of photons into the board and get 50%. sure there would be alot more 50% items but they would be made slower as well because people would be farming element photons all the time for synthing.
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Segac's the thought process. Nuff said. <_>;

But yeah, I agree... a little more variation would've made things more interesting, imo... that, and having weapons drop made like they do in PSP instead of having to synth them all the time...
    That's bull. Weapons drop all the time now. my best weapons and certainly those for sale in shops are mostly drops. So you have drops, item exchange at missions, and still able to synth. Sega gave you options. What is there to complain about?

I think the fact that the attribute percentages are always even is a silly and insignificant thing to focus on.So why do the synths have those particular values? Probably to avoid some bug

Quote Originally Posted by pinkace View Post
    I think the fact that the attribute percentages are always even is a silly and insignificant thing to focus on.So why do the synths have those particular values? Probably to avoid some bug
    If that's the case, then that just reinforces the fact that the game was poorly coded... -_-

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by goldbrease View Post
    I don't see why sega didn't make it so you could just poor an entire stack of photons into the board and get 50%. sure there would be alot more 50% items but they would be made slower as well because people would be farming element photons all the time for synthing.
    I like where you were going with this, but there would be too many 50% weapons. i would have liked to have it take a butt load more photons and give you a bracket to choose from (the higher the % you want to get, the lower chance of making the weapon) kind of like grinding
    Last edited by tadtwisted; May 17, 2009 at 12:14 AM.