Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Next Phantasy Star: Wish List

Once SEGA introduces a Phantasy Star to replace PSU, assuming they do, what do you want in it? What features do you like, and which can go the way of the dodo? What have they never had that would enhance your playing experience?

Some people usually say they want a MMO experience, but I like the instanced missions system, so a game with both could be cool, for example you exit a town and you can go free roaming a la MMO or take a "route" wich is more like an instanced mission in PSU, with more intense gaming.

Also I want Motavians

Just more world to explore.

Does anyone else want to go and check the whole Parum continent ?

Also, that would make the game a lot more about survival (long missions = eventually out of healing items)

Also missions that are not just corridors (basically) with more than one way to reach a goal.

And of course, more varied mission types.

I guess that would be a good start.

Something fun.
    Tekki || F Newman Lv102|| fT 10
    Tekershee || F Cast Lv298|| fF 10 fG 10 GT 10 aF 10

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Tekershee

It would be nice if you could invite your own alts as bots in your parties, and switching between said alts on the fly would be a nice touch as well.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I think an MMO that's more like an open-world MMO would be a nice change, maybe make it based off of PS4 - you could explore Motavia, Dezolis (or Dezoris, forget how they translated that), go explore a few asteroids and satellite stations, that sort of thing. As for races, you could have the standard Parmecian, Motavian, Dezolian (Dezorian?), Esper, Cast, and Neuman. Jobs might be a bit tougher, maybe even limiting certain jobs to certain races, or limiting it to one job per character. Although if they wanted to do it like how they have it set up now, that wouldn't be too bad either. Regardless, I'd like them to keep a setup like they have now as far as battle mechanics - it requires some skill to use it (as opposed to the usual "hit attack, watch your guy do everything, maybe select a skill every now and then" thing), your skills level up as you use them, etc.

Maybe this is too ambitious a hope though, in which case I'd like to see something set up similar to how PSU was. I'd be fine with that.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

More races. I'm pretty sure they can squeeze two more in here (Motavian and Dezolisian).

Balanced races. I hate having the only real choice for techer to be Newman, and only melee choice to be CAST. They should all bring something to the table, and they kinda don't...

More planets.

Different missions (not get from point X to Y, etc).

Stronger bosses.

A beautiful soundtrack.

Better graphics.

Fuuun.

I would like some sort of mix between psu and pso...
    I like the whole mission and lobby thingy on psu, but wish there were more freedom in the missions themselves, sorta like pso forest, caves, mines, ruins and such.
    Also, in all lobbies there should be at least 1 mission in each door, even in the ones going back to the previous lobby.
    There should also be a central lobby, one that has a list of the number of players in each lobby and an option to transport to that lobby.

I would like the return of mags, maybe with a few changes...like the special attack depending on the race...sorta a mix between psu nanoblast/suv but using the mag instead of extra slot/tattoo, while giving a special attack to all races.
    What I liked the most about mags was that they made each player kinda unique in stats.

Also, about synthing...I like the whole synthing thing, but think it should be just a little bit different. Instead of failing, it would have a chance of coming a lower rank weapon, but it would also have a small change of coming a higher rank weapon. For example, while synthing a 10* weapon, having a chance of it coming 9* or 11*.
    Plus I would like variable stats in weapons instead of fixed stats. For example, an weapon instead of coming with always 500 ATP, it would end with random stats, somewhere between 500 and 525 ATP.

About the classes, hope that they'll have all types of mixes.
    Full hunter, full ranger, offensive/support force (kinda like forte classes in psu), offensive force (some sort of masterforce without speed boost), hunter/ranger hybrid, hunter/offensive force hybrid, hunter/support force, ranger/offensive force, ranger/support force, speed hunter, speed ranger, speed/full support force, trap class hybrid with heavy melee/heavy ranged weapons (protranser), a balanced hunter/ranger/force class (a class with good hunter + ranger + force skills).

If they ever make a new phantasy star online game, hope they don't let things become like they are now on JP, where the strongest enemy is some levels below the lvl cap, hopefully there will always be hard enough missions where it's needed to play in a party.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Single player turnbased Phantasy Star 5

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_Weltall View Post
    Single player turnbased Phantasy Star 5
    I'll drink to that. Personally, I think it'd be awesome. Maybe they could even make it a prequel of sorts (sort of like they did with Star Ocean - it's new, it's unique, and it has those few things that make you go "holy crap, that's in Phantasy Star (original series game)!"

I liked the combination attacks from PS4, they were pretty neat (especially if you have no idea how it happened).
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!