Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I actually liked what I played of the new SO game. The only downside I could see is the fourth character you get, some little girl with literally no emotion (which is kind of plot-related). Aside from that, I think it could really work out if they helped develop a new PS game. Anywho, just my opinion.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

It's not like Sega asked Tri-Ace to make a game, but tri-Ace needing a producer/distributor and that was sega, tri-ase is not doing a sega game, they are doing their own game, so they can't possibly end doing a Phantasy Star game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Likable and lifelike characters, with human characteristics and conflicts that make sense? Psh, that's so 1990's. Kids are all about them power levels, and who's ninja leader they can be first.

I agree. Sadly from what I've seen from PSU, and Star Ocean, they both lack in the same areas, so there's nothing to cover really. Now if you got a studio who had great scripts, the ability to animate and have characters emote in a believable way, and decent voice acting that doesn't give you the sudden urge to tape a character's moth shut, then that would work. Tho I'm speaking of if Tri-Ace partnered up.

If Sega partnered up, I'd have to suggest a few more things. A studio who is against multiplatform release, (PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 are okay, just nothing else.) Who can design likeable main characters you actually want to root for, basically a studio that would make the entire game for them.

Scratch that, have Sega buy them out so they can say it was made by them.

This is "What if" Though, of course.
    Cell, Human Male (Level 142), HU 10/RA 5/FO 5/FF 15/PT 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Lime, Newman Female (Level 132), HU 3/FO 10/FT 20/WT 10/AT 20/MF 15 - PC/PS2, Online
    Sita Beta, Cast Female (Level 150), HU 10/RA 10/FO 10/FI 20/GT 10/FG 10/FM 13/GM 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Cassie, Beast Female (Level 60), HU 7/RA 3/AF 7 - PC/PS2, Online

The combat in the new Star Ocean is absolutely not better than PSU. I can't believe you hate Sega so much that you would want to see our wonderful series made to be like every other game.

GUARDIAN # 30069352 VertigoZero's Avatar

I had more fun with PSUs combat sys more than SO4s. I own SO4 and i hate when your out of battle how far the camera is away from you. combat has the same camera but can be changed at least. i didnt really enjoy the combat till i got bacchus.

Yeah, I'd say keep the battle system from PSU (or an improved version of it, much like this was improved from PSO, in my opinion). Maybe just have the choreographer who did some of the cutscenes in Star Ocean do some of the ones in a new Phantasy Star. Either him, or the guy who did the ones for Onimusha 3 (especially that first cutscene, MAN that was awesome!).

I thought I already posted in this thread but it's not here now?

Anyways what I said was SO was a great game, but PSU should have it's own battle system.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

Bah, PS doesn't need a completely new battle system. All they need to do is take PSU and add in a dodging/blocking system. Hell, have your defensive ability be a PA for massive variety in combat technique. Now that would be fun.

...That said, some new writing talent certainly wouldn't hurt. But Tri-Ace certainly isn't the one to provide that.

Let's get the guy who wrote Onimusha to write the next one. Learning the history of feudal Japan was never so much fun! Even if it's 99.9999999999999% falsified with demons!

I don't think it would ever happen, but i would love it if it did.