Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Every Star Ocean I've played horribly sucked. Please, for the love of God, no, do not combine the two. The story elements were atrocious and unbelievable, not to mention in SO3 they reused the same areas like three times each. Half the game was running from point A to point Z, which you'd already done 10-12 times before.

If they want a team to utilize in making a game with SEGA, use Valkyrie Profile's team. Strong characters, globe-spanning awesome plot-lines, interesting character designs (Except the newest VP: Covenant of the Plume. That artist really sucks.), great voice acting, and a unique battle system (Though I'd prefer they keep PSO/PSU's, its better for what its made for.). EVERYTHING that PSU lacks, pretty much.

GUARDIAN # 30069352 VertigoZero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Bah, PS doesn't need a completely new battle system. All they need to do is take PSU and add in a dodging/blocking system. Hell, have your defensive ability be a PA for massive variety in combat technique.
    Would be nice to be able to block in PSU sometimes. line shields dont block enough even with really high evasion. If they do make a new one i hope it is an improved version of PSUs with a blocking system put in.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Quote Originally Posted by Lunairetic View Post
    Every Star Ocean I've played horribly sucked. Please, for the love of God, no, do not combine the two. The story elements were atrocious and unbelievable, not to mention in SO3 they reused the same areas like three times each. Half the game was running from point A to point Z, which you'd already done 10-12 times before.

If they want a team to utilize in making a game with SEGA, use Valkyrie Profile's team. Strong characters, globe-spanning awesome plot-lines, interesting character designs (Except the newest VP: Covenant of the Plume. That artist really sucks.), great voice acting, and a unique battle system (Though I'd prefer they keep PSO/PSU's, its better for what its made for.). EVERYTHING that PSU lacks, pretty much.
    Valkyrie Profile is Tri-Ace too.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    It's not like Sega asked Tri-Ace to make a game, but tri-Ace needing a producer/distributor and that was sega, tri-ase is not doing a sega game, they are doing their own game, so they can't possibly end doing a Phantasy Star game.
    End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate is a SEGA IP, and they said they have plans for it to last 10 years.
    Last edited by ShadiWulf; May 20, 2009 at 06:58 PM.

PSU's battle system better than Star Ocean 4's...? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ...No seriously, stop the jokes. I can't take it.

SO4's battle system, hell SO3's battle system STOMPS PSU's. Let's not even get into the newer Tales games vs. PSU's battle system, that's taking a knife to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    Valkyrie Profile is Tri-Ace too.
    That was my point. I like Tri-ace, just not Star Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunairetic View Post
    That was my point. I like Tri-ace, just not Star Ocean.
    You were caught red handed, no use trying to cover yourself. tri-Ace developed both said games, you have no idea where your comments are taking you, I suggest you stop while you're ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Ahh, Star Ocean 4. AKA Anime Barbies in space! Lifeless voice actors, just as lifeless acting within the characters, over the top shit story (at least something with more than four people inside/existing within blows up, as per Star Ocean goes...).

If gameplay is all that is going for a game, then just throw away the story. You people really don't need a reason, a drive, a story to play a game; look at what you already play (PSU). Sure, I agree: Game's shouldn't just have good gameplay and have no story, but then again, most games have the story of a book drenched in water, with half the text oozing off.

PSO/PSU has nothing in relation even CLOSE to Star Ocean when it comes to design. Star Ocean is the Final Fantasy of space opera as Phantasy Star is the Dragon Quest to it. One does it right, the other does it ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooooooooo wrong.

That game looks like crap. The last good tri-Ace game I have played was Baten Kaitos Origins. That was a while ago...

I think Phantasy Star needs to step down. And tri-Ace too.
    I've seen your hate posts when Star Ocean first came out on the off topic area, yet you could not resist yourself here again. From the way I see it, you have negative thoughts & opinions about both said topics of this thread, both Phantasy Star Universe AND Star Ocean 4...why are you even here? Do you not have better things to do? *scoff*

thats even if tri-ace is even remotly interested in doing a job under sega's supervision

tri-ace under segac? call the kubara dudes, we need a new name.