Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Yunfa View Post
    I've seen your hate posts when Star Ocean first came out on the off topic area, yet you could not resist yourself here again. From the way I see it, you have negative thoughts & opinions about both said topics of this thread, both Phantasy Star Universe AND Star Ocean 4...why are you even here? Do you not have better things to do? *scoff*
    Black pot,
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunfa View Post
    - I enjoy crushing dreams.
    meet Kettle.

The trailer reminded me of FF. Why do the men look like girls now in every game? If it's about a group of girly boys saving the world, (im all for good looking men but c'mon...) you can count me out. No more feminine guys!!! I hope future PS games doesnt pick up this trend with their story characters. >.<
    Last edited by Mimo; May 20, 2009 at 09:16 PM.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mimo View Post
    The trailer reminded me of FF. Why do the men look like girls now in every game? If it's about a group of girly boys saving the world, (im all for good looking men but c'mon...) you can count me out. No more feminine guys!!! I hope future PS games doesnt pick up this trend with their story characters. >.<
    Allow me to ease your mind....

That was a fun game, but relied a LOT on cover usage. Good humor, though.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by gratefulgriz View Post
    "I think the ideal wouldn't be to have it developped by Tri-Ace, but to have a cooperation between Sonic Team and Tri-Ace. Keep ST's good old PS design, but call in Tri-Ace to help work with various gameplay elements like the combat system. Because if there's one thing that really was great in the Star Ocean games, it's the combat system.

Although I don't ever see ST opening up to anyone about Phantasy Star games, the fact that Tri-Ace works with Sega for Resonance of Fate means that there's the ever slight possibility of them helping with certain aspects of a PS game.

Both studios have some good ideas. Maybe together they could cover eachother's lackluster areas."

It is my opinion that Sonic Team and Sega have done great and if they collaborate with TRI that is fine, but I want ST to remain in charge of PS games for the most part. I am not a Tri-Ace fan so much. I have been rather pleased how ST has designed this game, other than the lack of updates of course I have no problem with the Sega/ST.
    -LadyDatura

Quote Originally Posted by Mimo View Post
    I love manly guys so much!

Manliest you will get nowadays. Besides Wario, maybe. xD

very interesting. i see xbox live. I hope theres a character creation/leveling/race and rares you can find like PSU/PSO

Quote Originally Posted by Lunairetic View Post
    Black pot,

meet Kettle.
    Why burn someone when I can have someone else do it for me?

Everyone knows that nine times out of ten, if I'm posting, I have nothing "nice" to say. Never did listen to my mother...

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

You guys know that Sonic Team has only developed 4 of the 10 main Phantasy Star games, Phantasy Star Online ep1, 2, and 4, PSO ep3 C.A.R.D Revolution, Phantasy Star Universe/Portable, and Phantasy Star 0. Phantasy Star Generations 1 and 2 were made by 3D Ages, and all of the older Phantasy Star games were made by SEGA AM-7, now known today as Overworks.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Eh, Star Ocean and Phantasy Star don't really feel all that similar to me. That's probably mainly due to the fact that they're very different kinds of RPGs in their construction, despite some similar stylistic choices.

As for battle systems... It's really a matter of opinion which one you like better. Star Ocean 4's battle system was pretty fun, but Phantasy Star Universe's battle system tried to complicate things and provide a logical evolution to that which was implemented in Phantasy Star Online, but ultimately just caused it to crumble under excessive programming flaws (like many other things in PSU).

But tri-Ace doing a Phantasy Star game? ...I could see it happening, but I don't know if tri-Ace's style would suit itself well to something that's online multiplayer focused (and lets face it - that's what Phantasy Star will be for the forseeable future). I do agree that Phantasy Star needs to be taken out of the hands of the current Sonic Team, though.

...I vote Prope.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    You guys know that Sonic Team has only developed 4 of the 10 main Phantasy Star games, Phantasy Star Online ep1, 2, and 4, PSO ep3 C.A.R.D Revolution, Phantasy Star Universe/Portable, and Phantasy Star 0. Phantasy Star Generations 1 and 2 were made by 3D Ages, and all of the older Phantasy Star games were made by SEGA AM-7, now known today as Overworks.
    That being said, at the time they were making PSI ~ PSIV, they were a part of Sonic Team under the name "Team Phantasy Star". It was Team Phantasy Star that was split off going into the 32bit generation to create AM7. Also, Phantasy Star III was made by the same development house that made Golden Axe. Overworks was merged with Wow Entertainment (AM1) to create WowWorks/Sega Wow.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!