Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Unhappy Why everybody seems to be so rude?

Like a lot of other people, I often play with random groups when none of my friends are online, and I noticed that this game is full of rude and bad-manered people: no greetings when someone joins the party, they don't congratulate when someone gets rare item o raises a level, no "goodbye" or "thanks for the party" when disband.... this total lack of respect against their teammates makes me really sick.
    I know, I'm talking about random parties with no responsabilities at all with your party mates, if you want a little conversation just play with your friends, etc, etc, but this ins't excuse for the misbehavior of some players. I know this is stupid, but my parents taught me to be polite with everybody, regardless if I know them or not. Maybe for this I expect the same behaviour from all other players. Anyone feels the same way?

PS: And please, if you act like this, change your mind, be polite, it's easy and probably you'll meet new friends and your runs with random people will be nicer for everybody. Remember; behind each character, there's a person like you.

Thanks for read.

My girls: Eris, Nėssa, Naethda, Naoki .::2006 - 2010 PC/PS2R.I.P::.

My girls reborn

You got 3 characters with 150 without realizing this sooner? :P

If I'm playing with randoms I usually don't feel like talking anyway.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Manners and the internet do not go together. People just like to be naturally rude because they can hide behind their TV screen. Anyways, when I play with anyone I greet them and say goodbye and all that good stuff. It's just best not to get upset over it because people will always be this way.

I guess the best thing to do is just try to encourage people to act respectfully, and if that doesn't work, then oh well. You tried.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

It's not necessarily rude to not welcome someone to a party. Players on PS2 may not have a keyboard. Considering I type my welcome greetings most of the time because I forget I have shortcuts, it wouldn't surprise me if more people forget about them too. Also, some people are just naturally very quiet in-game because they can't play and talk at the same time. One of the guys I play with doesn't talk much in game but will talk fine between missions and so-on.

I wouldn't take it so seriously. Most parties I join I get welcome greetings, so you must just be having bad luck.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    You got 3 characters with 150 without realizing this sooner? :P
    Well... yes, but guess I'm an idealistic person ;_; :P

If I'm playing with randoms I usually don't feel like talking anyway.
    Well, I don't want a full conversation if isn't possible (everybody needs their "fast runs without distractions" :P), but at least a bit of kindness, we're a party, we're playing together! >__< Am I asking too much? ;_;

My girls: Eris, Nėssa, Naethda, Naoki .::2006 - 2010 PC/PS2R.I.P::.

My girls reborn

A party that lasts like... 15 minutes till you complete the run?... Even playing with randoms I'm always in party chat with friends, I can type "hi" and "bye", but only to be polite, not because I care

I'm pretty quiet during runs but make sure I cover the basic pleasantries as a minimum ("hello", "congratulations", etc.) because it's the polite thing to do. Not as if it's hard to shortcut them even if you don't have a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivah View Post
    Like a lot of other people, I often play with random groups when none of my friends are online, and I noticed that this game is full of rude and bad-manered people: no greetings when someone joins the party, they don't congratulate when someone gets rare item o raises a level, no "goodbye" or "thanks for the party" when disband.... this total lack of respect against their teammates makes me really sick.
    I know, I'm talking about random parties with no responsabilities at all with your party mates, if you want a little conversation just play with your friends, etc, etc, but this ins't excuse for the misbehavior of some players. I know this is stupid, but my parents taught me to be polite with everybody, regardless if I know them or not. Maybe for this I expect the same behaviour from all other players. Anyone feels the same way?

PS: And please, if you act like this, change your mind, be polite, it's easy and probably you'll meet new friends and your runs with random people will be nicer for everybody. Remember; behind each character, there's a person like you.

Thanks for read.
    Sad to say thats the way some ppl and no matter how we feel thats simply never gonna change, you get bad ones and you get goods one ....sad but true.

It can be quite frustrating to go with hello for every person that joins, leaves, joins, leaves and so on...
    I feel like I end up putting more focus on what everyone is doing (i.e. leaving or joining...) rather than actually playing properly.

I say hello and stuff at start but when to do many runs and you see so many come and go,what can you expect? It gets tiring. You don't always get much of a hello back either - buy people that probably is like me, they don't have a keyboard close buy or am to lazy to use shortcuts.

I agree that it's quite rude. But this is how the world, or internet rather, goes.
    Everyone isn't playing to make friends either, just to kill time or level up or whatever.

I certainly don't feel like talking to others when playing in a random party. Sure we're playing together, but so what?
    That means you have to talk to them?

If I ride a buss with 20 other people, does that make me rude for not talking to them?
    Yeah, ok... maybe going a little too far.
    But that's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty B0T View Post
    you get bad ones and you get goods one ....sad but true.
    Just hope for the best and... keep hoping.