Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was just playing offline single-player with my FOnewearl, mostly searching for spell disks in the Ultimate Ruins. I beat Falz and thought to myself, "Other than quitting is there any other way to avoid the epilogue and credits?" It dawned on me that there was. Using my Psycho Wand I cast spells until I died, and sure enough I was sent back to Pioneer 2. Then the thought occurred to me, "Would it be possible to use this little trick to see Rico or Flowen in offline single-player?" I still have to go through Episode II to try it (as I only have Red weapons, no Dark weapons), but if anyone else can beat me to the punch then feel free. I'm curious to know if this'll work.

After defeating one of the final bosses with the standard method to find one of the NPCs, just use a weapon that consumes your HP until it kills you.

i still dont get the concept of Dark weapons... are dark weapons just weapons that have a % for dark??? because my red handgun has a dark %...

It's not a weapon with a Dark %, per se. The three Dark weapons were introduced in E1&2. They're a combination of Olga Flow's DNA (or whatever the correct name of that item is) and a basic sword, handgun, or cane-class weapon. The results are either Dark Flow, Dark Meteor, or Dark Bridge.

Back on the subject. I realized that Berserk weapons only work when targetting an enemy, and therefore cannot be used for the trick I mentioned. The only weapons that feasibly work are the Psycho Wand and Dark Bridge, as they consume HP to halve TP costs. Looks like only forces can try this out, unless someone has access to a cheat device and God/Equip.

Edit:
    Oh, and I forgot about weapons and armor that slowly consume HP (ie. Soul Eater or Parasite Wear). Those should work as well, so technically any class can try it with the proper equipment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-17 22:41 ]</font>

Actually, the Lavis Cannon Special attack takes away HP without targeting also.

--_! Zoo !_--

yup, you can kill yourself really easily with lavis blades

Well I went through Ultimate Episode II with my HUnewearl, started and finished the battle with a Red Handgun, and then proceeded equip a Soul Eater and rubber-band the analog controller to keep her running 'til she died half an hour later. I returned to Pioneer 2, promptly re-equipped my Red Handgun, and proceeded to return to where the final battle took place. Unfortunately, Flowen's spirit was not waiting there for me. So, alas, it would appear impossible to see Rico or Flowen with offline single-player. My guess is that the weapon in question must stay equipped, and there's no method to return to Pioneer 2 after defeating a final boss in offline single-player beyond committing suicide (which unequips your weapon anyway).

I imagine that you can see Rico or Flowen in offline multi-player, though I have yet to try that. Can anyone verify? Otherwise, I might make an effort to do that if/when friends are around this weekend.

On 2003-02-17 22:11, Nites wrote:
    i still dont get the concept of Dark weapons... are dark weapons just weapons that have a % for dark??? because my red handgun has a dark %...

On 2003-02-17 22:11, Nites wrote:
    Dark Weapons are weapons that contain the "Power of the Ancient Photons"..or aka weapons inflicted with the Olga's DNA

I've beaten multiplayer offline in Episode 1, but I have no idea what you are talking about, Vulpes. So I assume that they don't show up, unless they are hidden someplace.

Actually, I don't believe Poison/Parasite Wear can take your last HP anymore. Not sure however.