Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Default E3 2009 Discussion thread

I think it's about that time. Yes, it's like 4 days away, but lets gather what we know so far.

These have been confirmed to be shown:

Uncharted 2
    Heavy Rain
    White Knight Chronicles
    God of War 3
    MAG
    Final Fantasy Vs. XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Bioshock 2
    COD Modern Warfare 2
    Untitled SE MMO
    Demon's Souls

That's all I know, but there's still more. I hope there's some good surprises in Sony's Conference. And hopefully Nintendo's Conference won't be as shitty as last year's.
    I don't really care about MS's conference, the others here can post their news.

I'll be constantly browing for info until then.

EDIT: One more thing, please don't debate about the mystery Hideo Kojima game here. Do it in the other thread.
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; May 28, 2009 at 02:04 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

I know it's silly and setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm kind of interested in seeing some hands-on coverage of High Voltage Software's two new Wii games: Gladiator AD and The Grinder. Sometimes you just gotta root for the underdog (and having played The Conduit a few months back at NYCC, I'm not entirely convinced of their ability, but I am hopeful)!

I'm looking forward to whatever Metal Gear game we're going to hear about. I'm also curious about the PSP Go!, the upcoming UMD-less upgrade to the PSP.

Obviously I'm looking forward to any new information on No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - it won't be playable, but I'm sure we'll hear some more news about it.

There's some hope that we'll hear about Half-Life 2: Episode 3, so that's exciting.

I'm guessing that we'll see some gameplay footage (or even hands-on preview coverage) of Halo 3: ODST, which is also exciting.

I feel like the Sony conference and the Microsoft conference are going to be a lot of fun, but at the same time I feel like a lot of the would-be surprises have already been ruined by leaks. There hasn't been much leaked about the Nintendo conference, which makes me hopeful that they've got some big surprises up their sleeve, but I'm also prepared for the entire conference being about Wii Fit Plus.

The good thing is that I don't think I've got any meetings during the big three press conferences, so I should be able to be tuned in (even if it's just to a live blog.)

It's an exciting time! (I always love E3 season.)

Ooh, look at the cute puppy!
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

yes, lets hope Nintendo's isn't like last year's: we will be adding a new buy able add on called motion sensing plus!
    .... yeah great job guys! you still haven't released the blasted thing and most game companies don't seem to care.

beatrix... i'm not sure were the puppy fits it O.o;;;;;
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20

Quote Originally Posted by goldbrease View Post
    yes, lets hope Nintendo's isn't like last year's: we will be adding a new buy able add on called motion sensing plus!
    .... yeah great job guys! you still haven't released the blasted thing and most game companies don't seem to care.

beatrix... i'm not sure were the puppy fits it O.o;;;;;
    You saw nintendo's e3 last year and you don't remember Cammie playing with the "cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute puppy"?
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I'm really looking forward to more info on Mass Effect 2. Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3: ODST are also high on my list of things I hope to get more info about.

Nintendo better put some stuff in their conference for the "hardcore" gamers, but, honestly, I'm not holding my breath.

Also, needs more Kingdom Hearts III. *Gets shot*
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    Demon's Souls
    I imported this game. I played it.

Best fucking game ever. Best. Fucking. Game.

I expect Microsoft to:
    Announce the NXE's new features for the fall update (Zune Marketplace, Netflix movie parites)
    Show Bungie some love with a long demo of ODST
    GTAIV:BOGT
    The Beatles: Rock Band
    Bragging about Xbox LIVE's numbars
    No J Allard
    Crackdown 2
    Alan Wake (about fucking time)
    Mass Effect 2
    Modern Warfare 2 Exclusive DLC

I expect Sony to:
    Not cut the PS3 price
    PSP Go! (hopefully not that name)
    Lots of PSP love, little PS3 love
    God of War III demoed
    MAG demoed

I expect Nintendo to:
    Brag about how many DSi's they've sold to moms across the world
    Show a 30 second teaser for Mario or Zelda
    Shaun White 2 (Cammie with no shoes and all)
    Virtual Console on DSi w/Gameboy, Color, Advanced downloads
    Wii Fit Plus

What I have no idea of:
    Bioshock 2 exlusive to PS3 or 360
    PS3 Slim

What I dream of:
    Nintendo announces ten+ core games, firing of Cammie
    Xbox Portable (no zune w/touchscreen, I want a PSP like device with buttons!)
    Sony cuts the PS3 by $150
    ELDER SCROLLS F'ING V

I'm really glad that this years E3 is returning to old. It just feels right. The last two E3 shows were like boring corporate shenanigans. Here's to the good 'ol E3!

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I feel like the Sony conference and the Microsoft conference are going to be a lot of fun, but at the same time I feel like a lot of the would-be surprises have already been ruined by leaks. There hasn't been much leaked about the Nintendo conference, which makes me hopeful that they've got some big surprises up their sleeve, but I'm also prepared for the entire conference being about Wii Fit Plus.
    That's the thing about Nintendo's press conference, they most likely don't have much new things to leak out. I'm expecting at least one "core" game, a Mario or Zelda. It still won't be like the old Nintendo that would show five or six core games at E3.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    That's the thing about Nintendo's press conference, they most likely don't have much new things to leak out. I'm expecting at least one "core" game, a Mario or Zelda. It still won't be like the old Nintendo that would show five or six core games at E3.
    While I'm entirely prepared for that, I just have a gut feeling that there are some interesting titles they could announce. There are a lot of little details that could mean that we're getting some new core games (though sequels, for the most part), along with a good number of core games coming from 3rd parties that makes me feel like there might be a few more hiding just over the horizon.

You can't blame me - I still remember watching the stream of E3 2006 where it was just mind-blowing announcement after mind-blowing announcement. Can't blame a guy for dreaming, right?

bioshock 2 has already been announced for all 3 consoles, i don't think its going to be an exclusive because of that. if anything it would likely be a timed exclusive for ps3 since the company gave bioshock ps3 exclusive dlc.

as well mass effect 2 has also been announced for ps3 as well as deadrising2 (if your bringing us 2? why not give us the first game already? hoping that if they do a never ending mode again its actually never ending mode and not you lose hp over time mode.

ow there is most likely 1 core game for Nintendo as they showed some screens at an earlier event, the link riding the train ds game >.>
    could we stop with cartoon link and do some more tp zelda games instead? everyones screaming for a sequel!
    Last edited by goldbrease; May 28, 2009 at 04:31 PM.
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20