Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default YAY for FFXIV !!!!

Despite being quite upset with the amount of grinding that was required in FFXI I still consider it a fun and good experience tha I would not mine going through again.

I played FFXI on Fenrir with quite a few PSOW members back in the day, Kent a.k.a Wattari the Monk, Dgo a.k.a Dgo the white mage eXo a.k.a Stealth the redmage, VulpesMundi aka VulpesMundi the Dragoon.

Anyway this was definately a good experience and if any of you old school FFXi players are still here will you be interested in playing 14?

Definitely. the FFXI veterans that refuse to switch will be convinced eventually.

FFXIV Online will be the #1 most played game for me.

hopefully they improve some things, but thankfully its a new world and this will be the first time I'll play a FF mmorpg during its 1st generation (I didn't join FFXI until the 4th year.)
    so it will be fresh and new for everyone!

ya it may be a grind again but it'll be the prettiest mmorpg around and FF atmosphere
    just brings so much goodness that no other franchise can match! the Vagrant Story
    artist is doing the art and Nobuo is doing the music! and it's being produced and directed
    by FF vets that have been involved in FF I-III, as well as IX and XI!!! so ya, they will
    bring what they learned from FFXI and make FFXIV the ultimate gaming experience!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    Definitely. the FFXI veterans that refuse to switch will be convinced eventually.

FFXIV Online will be the #1 most played game for me.

hopefully they improve some things, but thankfully its a new world and this will be the first time I'll play a FF mmorpg during its 1st generation (I didn't join FFXI until the 4th year.)
    so it will be fresh and new for everyone!

ya it may be a grind again but it'll be the prettiest mmorpg around and FF atmosphere
    just brings so much goodness that no other franchise can match! the Vagrant Story
    artist is doing the art and Nobuo is doing the music! and it's being produced and directed
    by FF vets that have been involved in FF I-III, as well as IX and XI!!! so ya, they will
    bring what they learned from FFXI and make FFXIV the ultimate gaming experience!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK5bXa7u-M0

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

yea even if it is a grind once again i think that the single most beneficial thing that they should have learned from FFXI is that players need the ability to solo productively witth any class and job.

ya there are so many good things they can do now without the PS2 limitations. like I think equipped capes/mantles will now be visible. And they might even expand and tweak many things to make everything more fun and doable. There's so much possibilities!

I can't wait for more information. I'm really curious as to what exactly they're going to do as far as making it not replace Final Fantasy XI...

And lets not forget, 2010 release? That means they must be entering beta pretty soon. Maybe Veteran FFXI players will have an easier time getting into a public beta, should one happen...

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I just want to know WTF is going to change in this one.

I'm a stickler for character creation, and the creation in FFXI was, um, underwhelming, to say the least.

Besides that, hopefully the interface is more PC-friendly in this one as well. It's just not nice when a PC port virtually requires a gamepad...

Final Fantasy XI was a game designed to be used with a controller, and it was designed for the PlayStation 2. Much like the case with Phantasy Star Universe, the PlayStation 2 limitations pretty much spell out how far the game can really go until it reaches its limit.

Though it is rather keyboard and mouse-unfriendly... I just played it with my Xbox 360 controller, and things worked fine. :/

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

actually I forgot what interview, but they clarified that while FFXI will continue to be supported, it isn't gonna last forever. FFXIV will exist alongside FFXI, but once FFXI's population drops too low, it's gonna be all about FFXIV.

Final Fantasy XIV Online is the new online FF every XI veteran will jump to eventually.

Right. At the same time however, they're probably going to be different enough that transferring from Final Fantasy XI to Final Fantasy XIV will still have quite a bit of difference to them.

It's entirely possible that, for example, Final Fantasy XIV will be centered more around instantiated dungeons and questing (like WoW is, in comarison to FFXI), while still retaining the emphasis on story and missions with a diverse job system, like what made Final Fantasy XI so good. The only real possible downside to this I could see however, would be that end-game could be significantly less hardcore, much like WoW in comparison to Final Fantasy XI.

...But I don't really consider that a bad thing, unless they take it too far... Which isn't all that likely.

aaaah. hopefully those instanced dungeons are optional. I prefer persistent worlds!

I respect PSO and PSU but I wouldn't want FFXIV to turn into that just so it doesn't take FFXI's spotlight or tries to be too different that it ends up being less than people expect from FFXI's successor.