Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I have a quick question-For someone like me, where PSU is the only mmoRpg I've EVER played, would it be easy to start a game like this? I've never played 11 or 12, or whichever one is online only....Could I start this and learn it's play style, or would I already have to know something about the game, how it's played, and how it works (magic?, weapons, armors, horses?) lol.
    And, I didn't take the time to read through this whole thing, is this for the 360, pc, and ps3? If so, I think I'd want it for 360 or ps3...wise choice?
    I really need to make my 360 worth buying. I bought it and got like 2 games right away, then recently spent almost $200 bucks on it. I like some of the games I got for it, but they weren't any MMO RPG's. I think I'd get it for 360 so it would make my 360 worth having. Other than that I don't really have much use for it
    Last edited by Volcompat321; Jun 3, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

You will be able to pick this game up and learn as you progress if they keep some of the elements from the original battle system like magic burst then players might have a slight advantage but nothing that you cnt pick up on rather quickly.

Also this game will only be available on PC and for the PS3 gaming console so that pretty much gives you an idea that either you need to start slowly upgrading your PC/Mac or invest in a PS3 if you want to play this game.

I have a ps3 already, and my PC is amazing
    I guess I'll have to find another game to make my 360 worth having

Lol, just hope your 360 doesn't die on you like my friend's did 3 days after he got it... >_<

But yeah, this looks pretty awesome... reminds me of how I felt when I first saw the trailers for FFXI, lol. Of course, I had a shitty computer back then and couldn't play it, and then all my friends got into it while all I could do was sit back and watch... then PSU came along and I had my new PC, lol, and then FFXI just seemed so... slow-paced. =/ I hope they fix that this time around.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Well I've had it about 6 months, and the only problem I have with it so far is not being useful to me, and uh the memory unit slot 1 thing got pushed in somehow....and I cant get it out. I don't use a memory unit anyway. I think I'll end up trying this for the Ps3, maybe pc. I'll decide which when it comes time to do so.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Square Enix is holding a press conference soon. Hopefully they'll give us more details on FF XIV. I was never into FF XI, a mixture of things kept me from really enjoying myself. But i've found myself more open to MMOs recently so who knows?

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Refreshing Minty Flavor Puppet_Papaya's Avatar

...I'm just speechless. It's like my past is coming back to haunt me. As hard as I try, the memories of FFXI won't let me go!
    I might need to get a PS3 now...

There aren't any cameras allowed in Square's conference by the looks of things, but I found G4's live blog.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Err, looks like that link isn't any good. Try this liveblog though:

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post...onference.html

EDIT: Beat'd.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Well, the liveblog just posted a note:

11:56
    FFXIV will be coming to the PS3 & PC. They are currently considering other hardware (including Microsoft hardware!)
    Which everybody and their grandmother figures is the case anyway. But at least now that Square has said the Xbox is a possibility in their press conference, the fanboys who have no concept of how a business works will quiet down. I'm putting my money on a timed-exclusive, but there are a couple different ways they could approach this.