Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Whoa now, the new SEGA? That's a little harsh, especially to me because I've not had many issues with the online play. Some synchronization issues, but that was short-lived. Plus, I think it was more than competent of them to attempt to fix it by the street date, whereas we know SEGA wouldn't have been able to do that. Nevertheless, I can only say KOFXII is a decent game. It feels rushed because they left out so many moves, endings, cutscenes, bosses, stages... everything. I'm hoping there will be some DLC in the future that's not a complete rip-off.
    They didn't fix the online play. Play against more people online and see. My friends who are hardcore competitive players couldn't play properly because of how bad the netcode is. It's worse than BlazBlue and SF4's netcode. Right now BlazBlue and SSF2T: HDR have the best netcode out there, with Marvel vs Capcom 2 following up soon once it gets released via Xbox Live and PSN.

And I'm calling SNKP Sega because of the following reasons:

1) There was an American staff representing the US KoF population that kept asking the Jps for GGPO-style netcode. This is a complete deal breaker for players. If you can get the netcode right, and license it off of Tony Cannon (Ponder, http://ggpo.net) you will instantly gain a huge following of players. THey failed to do this. Ignition was the guys who were representing us, and just like how we had ChillAura representing us and listening to us, Ignition was doing the same. They repeatedly asked SNKP Japan for this but got no response.

2) On launch date it already had two glaring issues. The game-breaking Raiden glitch that does not require ANY special setup to do (just hit with the super), and the shoddy netcode.

3) Content is lacking (shades of SoA PSU again) Minimal features. No Challenge mode (that was in the previous KoFs), nothing to unlock, no cheap SNK last boss, no pseudo-story mode or anything like that. This is a fighting game so I can forgive them for that but it does not help SNKP's case.

4) A patch that didn't do anything and/or didn't make things better. Much like the patches that are implemented on SoA PSU by monkeys who forget to test BASIC issues before releasing it live.

And so on and so forth. I do not blame Ignition one bit, as they're at the mercy of their Japanese masters and they know EXACTLY what the community wants. If they at least fix #1 and ONLY #1, they'll win back the hearts of many SNK fans nationwide.

Seriously, this version of KoF needs to take a few pages out of the books of KoF 2002: Unlimited Match or KoF XI. The only thing those two misses is online play, but those were made on a last-gen console, so it's forgivable. Plus they didn't arrive here in the states with a game-breaking bug that should've been easily caught through beta testing. It doesn't have enough content or enough polish to be a $60 game. I'm waiting for the price to drop and patches to be issued before I buy it now.

SNKP - you have one chance to redeem yourself. I hope you listen to Ignition.
    Last edited by Sayara; Jul 30, 2009 at 02:49 PM.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Ignition, the publisher for the American version of KoF XII is on the attack:

http://www.facebook.com/kingoffighte...ewas=632904259

Yes they have their own facebook page, but needless to say they understand that the console version of KoF XII had some serious content, gameplay, and coding issues. Ignition knows that what they published (not programmed... that's SNKP's job) was a bad game, and at least instead of just letting it sit there and fester Ignition is trying to improve it (though I wish both Ignition and SNKP did this *before* the game's release).

Basically we've been paying for a $60 console beta test. But at least we're being heard.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Good to read about that stuff... like I said earlier... This game is garbage... I didn't put my game on eBay yet... so maybe I'll hold onto it in hopes of some content, fixes, or whatever.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

It's really sad to hear this news about the defects in KOF12. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't gotten this game yet.

I'm enjoying it online. ya some matches lag, I avoid the ones with red boxes, but the
    yellow ones seem fine.

there will definitely be patches and DLC in the future. this is only the beginning. it's kind of like when PSU first came out, the online wasn't that polished, but it improved over time.) and the majority of people having lag problems are those with poor quality connections, and no sense
    in how to adapt and remedy the situation. But ya if their internet sucks, then they are totally screwed, but I have people I keep in touch with, and we have great times with KOFXII online with no lag.

to me the lag cases aren't any worse than SFIV. and people by now should know that spectators increase the % of lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    it's kind of like when PSU first came out, the online wasn't that polished, but it improved over time.)
    Did it?
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    Did it?
    Nope. In fact, it might have gotten worse.

KOFXII has a boss character, Mai, other new characters, costumes, and additional stages on its disc.

I'm not buying any of it. I'm done with that game. A little DLC is fine with me, but I'm not going to put up with a fucking boss as DLC.

Selling it back tomorrow; sorry.
    Yeah, screw that.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I say we all get on Fat Princess to vent out our frustration!

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I find it quite ludicrous that Mai is DLC instead of simply an unlockable character that doesn't require money to unlock. I guess this comes to show that looks and graphics aren't everything in a game. I mean, I love the 2D sprites in this game while I did not really like the artwork and the use of 3D polygons for the fighters in Street Fighter IV, yet Street Fighter IV still managed to be an amazing game which I enjoy playing for hours upon hours. This game however I'm hearing nothing but bad about.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel