Page 646 of 683 FirstFirst ... 146546596636643644645646647648649656 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 6822

Bought a Roku. Set it up, logged into around 15 channels. Went away from the Roku for a while to watch recorded TV, came back, and the remote didn't work. Ended up having to do a factory reset to fix that. The remote was fixed, but it then was stuck in an infinite loop of:
    1) Start Up
    2) Choose Language
    3) Choose Wireless or Wired (Wired for me)
    4) Update the system
    5) Once download, it auto restarts
    6) Instead of making me log in, go to 1

It will be early next week at the earliest before it can be exchanged (Amazon purchase).

Only Netflix had an easy log in (of the ones that required a username/password)- It had buttons auto-insert the @whatever.whatever and I think used a QWERTY layout.
    Last edited by Ketchup345; Jul 1, 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Spoiler!

What an awful image to get tagged in on Fuckbook. >:S
    #noidproblems

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

This shit right goddamn here.

Doesn't anyone else realize how fucked this is? Meanwhile, homeless families that managed to get a Kickstarter made on their behalf barely get any donations. If you donate to anything like this, you're a goddamn fucking moron, and I will slap the shit out of you.

This "specific" kickstarter, violates their rules, does it not?

... And people continue sitting around funding this piece of shit? Are the creators of this website not looking at this crap and thinking: "Hm, what exactly are people getting out of this? Will it benefit people? Will this money go towards a good cause? Potato Salad?" Are people this fucking willing to fund this absolute crap over something that is more beneficial for everyone? Not just, some? A new project, a chance to give someone another shot at life? ANYTHING, but this??? Does he really deserve to have THIS FUCKING MUCH MONEY for potato salad????

Backers say yes apparently...

And in the end, all this shit is getting publicity. Probably to the benefactor's liking.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Jul 7, 2014 at 06:58 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

When things are going good, and you still feel like shit could hit the fan at any moment. >

Also.... I would like to play PSO2 without a VPN.... I think people need to stop acting like a crazy meth addict trying to hustle some money for their next high and just admit that it's an IP Block to foreigners. lol ...... You don't see conspiracy theorists making calls to higher power or going out of their way to try and find a way to make things less corrupt.... But the moment PSO2 gets blocked everyone jumps on the let's call our ISPs and harass them!

I was okay with the tracert and maybe even some angry e-mails to SEGA or a petition even but damn.....This is just.... Sad..... I know some people spent a lot of money and time on this game but we kind of all signed up for the same shit.... ToS said no gaijin but we played anyway.... Kind of expected this to happen long ago just not so suddenly and especially when I started gettin' back into PSO2 again and my boyfriend got a PS Vita for PSO2 recently too! Lame... waste of 100 dollars....

....WHY DO I KEEP COMING BACK TO THESE MISERABLE ASS FORUMS LOL

If anything, a petition was the point when people started overdoing things. Either that, or when Sega was equated to Hitler, historians still argue. Calling their ISPs to try to get them to fix things is just people trying to get to the core of the problem, even though I'm fairly sure that they are looking in a wrong place. There is nothing wrong with that, except, maybe, for the fact that it's done because of a free-to-play game.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    This shit right goddamn here.

Doesn't anyone else realize how fucked this is? Meanwhile, homeless families that managed to get a Kickstarter made on their behalf barely get any donations. If you donate to anything like this, you're a goddamn fucking moron, and I will slap the shit out of you.
    I'm not sure what's worse:

- That they've generated $62k for a gag Kickstarter

OR

- If they said they would donate the excess funds to charity, they would be in violation of Kickstarter's rules and the project would be shut down.

I've always been amused at everyone's definition of the word "confirmed" in PSO2 Gen. Seems to roughly translate into "Well I heard it somewhere so it must be true" or "Hey it happened once that means it happens for everyone" or quite simply "Well this is what I think and I'm right". It was really annoying when everything thought they spoke gospel about Falz arms and got whiny at the slightest disagreement, but now it's just hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    I've always been amused at everyone's definition of the word "confirmed" in PSO2 Gen. Seems to roughly translate into "Well I heard it somewhere so it must be true" or "Hey it happened once that means it happens for everyone" or quite simply "Well this is what I think and I'm right". It was really annoying when everything thought they spoke gospel about Falz arms and got whiny at the slightest disagreement, but now it's just hilarious.
    "Confirmed" has become a sort of meme of lazy semi-affirmation and emphasis, as opposed to actual confirmation. It caught partially due to its use as a reply.

Example: "somethingsomething Confirm/Deny" "something something C/D"

It may be an oversimplification, or a cheap/false potshot at someone else to which a third party will reply.

Since that caught on, "c" and "confirm" has become a sort of go-to reply in the same category as "this" and "seconding." As a result, it's slowly worked its way into just emphasizing something, and exaggerating the factual correctness of something.

For the latter part, it's also caught on because of anticipated game updates and other theorized events. For example, it was especially common with Team Fortress 2 during the class updates, with every little sign being proof of the next class to be updated. Also, Half Life 3 is another big one. Any time Valve uses the number three it's "HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED."

So it's another way the internet has reappropriated a word to mean the opposite of its dictionary definition, on purpose. As a joke. But it becomes so rampant that it becomes redundant and meaningless, like when a group of people use the same emoticon after every sentence. No, a smiley face doesn't have any meaning if you use it with 80% of your messages.

You know, like what happened with literally.

A city bus ran a red light, almost hit me as I was going through an intersection, and then the bus driver flipped me off.

So that was fun.