Page 574 of 683 FirstFirst ... 74474524564571572573574575576577584624674 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 6822
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Looking for a job in summer is a TERRIBLE idea. Never do it. Do it before like...March.
    W-why?

Other than me wanting to punch someone in the face cause of this muggyheat.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I dunno what everyone's talking about, but since I saw the terms "Texas" and "GOP" amongst the discussion, I'm going to guess it has to do with Imaginary Sky Daddy and the impeding of other people's rights to live how they want because of some Stone Age edict.
    Yes. (Primarily) The Texas Republican party had a state law to be voted on (it had passed the House, the big deal was with the Senate as it was the last "line of defense") that would greatly restrict the ability for women in Texas to get an abortion (I think I read that only about 5 clinics in the state would meet the current criteria, most in big cities, with one city having 2. Now think about how big Texas is to only have 5 possible locations). One woman, a Senate Democrat named Wendy Davis filibustered the bill, as the Texas Senate session ended at the Midnight (CDT) of June 25 to 26, which would mean nothing else could be done in that senate session (well, in theory). She and a few other supporters as well as help from the crowd helped prevent a vote before midnight (I think it was 12:03 CDT that a vote took place). There was some shenanigans where some people were trying to say the vote was before midnight, but over 100k people watching a live stream online saw otherwise.

It did of course spawn a satirical twitter account (@TXSenateClock), which was kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    W-why?

Other than me wanting to punch someone in the face cause of this muggyheat.
    By the time summer is already here, almost all "summer jobs" are already filled by college students returning. To beat them to job opportunities, you have to start early (such as before their March spring break).

The media coverage of the Texas filibuster by Wendy Davis was non-existent. Then when they did start covering it, they first went with the SB5 passed bit, almost completely ignoring that there was a huge outcry over the fact that a rather large number of people saw it happen after midnight.
    Last edited by Ketchup345; Jun 26, 2013 at 08:48 PM.

*spends 20 minutes writing a wall of text, decides it's off topic and deletes it without posting, fumes in bitter anger at own waste of time*
    +^_^+

A castle clouded beyond the mist and rime, in the depths of your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    *spends 20 minutes writing a wall of text, decides it's off topic and deletes it without posting, fumes in bitter anger at own waste of time*
    +^_^+
    I do this a lot. ._.

+^_^+
    I tend to do this too, except my issue is usually the power goes out right before I finish my post, and I don't save it to a Notepad file regularly mid-progress - a habit I'm trying to force myself into lately.

That, or it'll get swamped amongst a bunch of other people arguing over stupid crap and get completely ignored. Or censored, as was the case several years ago here, but I'll admit, I tended to get worked up too easily back then.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I tend to do this too, except my issue is usually the power goes out right before I finish my post, and I don't save it to a Notepad file regularly mid-progress - a habit I'm trying to force myself into lately.

That, or it'll get swamped amongst a bunch of other people arguing over stupid crap and get completely ignored. Or censored, as was the case several years ago here, but I'll admit, I tended to get worked up too easily back then.
    das...

das sad....

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

+^_^+
    I do this a lot, except I wind up actually posting it.

But even if I don't, it's still a good mental exercise! Airing out your thoughts is good for you. Read what you write and see if you like the flow, etc. I find it fun, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post

How often do you lose power?

Have you looked into getting an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)?

+^_^+
    Guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    How often do you lose power?

Have you looked into getting an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)?
    It's usually when there's thunderstorms in the area, and something causes the power in the whole house to flicker off for just a second, but long enough for my PC to reset itself. It's really annoying.

When I built my current computer, a friend of mine sent me a 1,000W Dell proprietary PSU for it from one of his old PC's. It works fine so far from what I can see, but it does have a few minor issues: it's not designed to fit inside my case properly, it's not modular, it doesn't have quite enough cables/cable types (along with some random obscure ones which I'm sure are also proprietary) to power the extra fans I bought for the case, and I think it's also a multi-rail, which I've heard aren't as good for whatever reason.

On a somewhat related note: I've noticed that, whenever I play a game in fullscreen mode on my PC, after an extended period of time, it'll freeze up, bluescreen for a split-second, and instantly restart my PC. Never happens when I'm in fullscreen-windowed mode though, and I'm not sure what's exactly causing it, though somehow I suspect it's the PSU.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone