Page 634 of 683 FirstFirst ... 134534584624631632633634635636637644 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 6822

Quote Originally Posted by Vetur View Post
    I can't really stand to hangout with straight male players all the time(not saying ALL are bad).
    Well, "bad" isn't really a correct term to use either way, in that sense. It's like any other denomination of person. There's [usually vocal] minorities that attract attention and give bad impressions. The actual amount of "bad" people in the group you're singling out, as with almost any other group, is a fraction of a percent.

Though, I am curious: what kind of behaviors would denote a 'good', if you will, "straight male?"

Also, on-topic, old people in Florida driving in the rain. Ahuehuahue. Fun stuff.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; May 2, 2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Well, "bad" isn't really a correct term to use either way, in that sense. It's like any other denomination of person. There's [usually vocal] minorities that attract attention and give bad impressions. The actual amount of "bad" people in the group you're singling out is a fraction of a percent.

Though, I am curious: what kind of behaviors would denote a 'good', if you will, "straight male?"

Also, on-topic, old people in Florida driving in the rain. Ahuehuahue. Fun stuff.
    Ah, didn't really mean to say "bad" like that, but just bad for me...

Well, for me I just cannot stand ecchi stuff centering on females... which yes, I know, it's everywhere and I shouldn't be playing this game or being an anime fan at all... but I can't help but play this game or still be an anime fan because it's just what I do. I don't get entertainment by doing other things like going out to clubs or doing sports.

So, basically the men who cannot understand that I don't like that kind of stuff, and there are others out there who do not like seeing that stuff... that don't understand that not everyone on the internet is a straight dude who likes to see loli panty-shots and boobs everywhere... in short, close-minded people or misogynists(not saying all are this, but some are...). Guys who are selfish and don't consider females/gays. I would consider "bad" for me to be around constantly.

Well, I won't be surprised if this is not understandable. No man would understand what it's like without being in this position where things are not catered to them... It's like putting a straight man into a world where Barbie and pink glitter is everywhere, and all of the fanservice is of scantily-clad pretty boys... even in the video games you play. And you will not find that anywhere. Even BL has more realistic views on men than Yuri does on women. Men in BL don't have exaggeratedly big eyes or exaggeratedly deep/high voices. Men don't have to see anime males with big jiggly boobs, or even bulges. Men in anime don't have fakely cute mannerisms that people expect them to follow.
    Last edited by Vetur; May 2, 2014 at 04:39 PM.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

So, basically the men who cannot understand that I don't like that kind of stuff, and there are others out there who do not like seeing that stuff... that don't understand that not everyone on the internet is a straight dude who likes to see loli panty-shots and boobs everywhere... in short, close-minded people or misogynists(not saying all are this, but some are...). Guys who are selfish and don't consider females/gays. I would consider "bad" for me to be around constantly.

Well, I won't be surprised if this is not understandable. No man would understand what it's like without being in this position where things are not catered to them... It's like putting a straight man into a world where Barbie and pink glitter is everywhere, and all of the fanservice is of scantily-clad pretty boys... even in the video games you play. And you will not find that anywhere. Even BL has more realistic views on men than Yuri does on women. Men in BL don't have exaggeratedly big eyes or exaggeratedly deep/high voices. Men don't have to see anime males with big jiggly boobs, or even bulges. Men in anime don't have fakely cute mannerisms that people expect them to follow.
    It's certainly interesting looking at how much subtle sexism remains in our culture and the cultures of others (it's worse in Japan than the US, from what I can tell), even if most people don't actively acknowledge or think about it. I don't even feel like people that casually enjoy those kinds of things are true sexists, it's just engrained so much into society that it's all a lot of guys know and understand. That's really concerning and, like you, I always try to raise awareness to that. I don't think some degree of fanservice, male or female, is a bad thing, but it's so prevalent and biased across media that it's definitely concerning.

Just know you aren't alone in your thoughts. I'd love to see more sexual equality in all media.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    It's certainly interesting looking at how much subtle sexism remains in our culture and the cultures of others (it's worse in Japan than the US, from what I can tell), even if most people don't actively acknowledge or think about it. I don't even feel like people that casually enjoy those kinds of things are true sexists, it's just engrained so much into society that it's all a lot of guys know and understand. That's really concerning and, like you, I always try to raise awareness to that. I don't think some degree of fanservice, male or female, is a bad thing, but it's so prevalent and biased across media that it's definitely concerning.

Just know you aren't alone in your thoughts. I'd love to see more sexual equality in all media.
    That is true, it's a lot worse in Japan. To the point that girls in real life there in certain jobs like ones who work in the elevator of department stores must speak in high pitched voices... I am really glad my parents raised me mostly in USA.

I think the sexism isn't so prevalent in the west, so that is a good thing, just hope it gets better for Japanese women someday.

And, with fanservice I would definitely be okay with it if it were balanced, but for me I'd like it to be either... Balanced amount of fanservice for everyone, or none at all... which I don't think pleases many men... but it's good to see that I am not the only one who thinks it, though. It's really good to see that there are men who are aware of this imbalance and understand, though. I was honestly expecting to be lashed at... >.<
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

That is true, it's a lot worse in Japan. To the point that girls in real life there in certain jobs like ones who work in the elevator of department stores must speak in high pitched voices... I am really glad my parents raised me mostly in USA.
    I normally stay way clear of feminism and gender equality discussions because there's always a whole plethora of radically different angry notions and ideas that every single person feels fervently about - but this. This. This makes me angry. That's aggravating on every level.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I normally stay way clear of feminism and gender equality discussions because there's always a whole plethora of radically different angry notions and ideas that every single person feels fervently about - but this. This. This makes me angry. That's aggravating on every level.
    So about those PSO2 livestreams...
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

So work. Please do your best to keep me with the schedule I am given for the beginning of the week and not change it 11 times in a single day
    Thanks!

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I went from sitting doing nothing, to jogging at work for five hours, and riding my bike before and after. I think my body is revolting.

...in more way than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    I went from sitting doing nothing, to jogging at work for five hours, and riding my bike before and after. I think my body is revolting.

...in more way than one.
    Progress pics... baby.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post

...in more way than one.
    No pain, no gains.

Ship 2 - Gatz