Page 565 of 683 FirstFirst ... 65465515555562563564565566567568575615665 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 6822

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    My kitchen timer is busted. A few minutes ago (under 15mins) I set it to 1 hour and let it run. It already shows under 25mins left, when it should say around 50. I can see it moving. That may have made me burn the bottom of my batch of muffins I made.
    Perhaps it's MANIPULATING TIIIIIIIIIIME.

Got a timer built-in to your oven? I used a multi-timer app on my iPhone for a good number of years when I had several things going.

when experienced professionals tell you completely wrong things and the next guy you see solves your problem in the first 30 seconds of talking

and you're still paying for the other professionals' bills

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Rest In Peace...

Pet Fish.

You had a good 2 years of being in my livingroom under your belt.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Perhaps it's MANIPULATING TIIIIIIIIIIME.

Got a timer built-in to your oven? I used a multi-timer app on my iPhone for a good number of years when I had several things going.
    Nope. Super cheap electric oven provided by my apartment complex. No built in timer. Though the temperature setting does seem to work, unlike my electric oven back home (that one ran somewhere between 50 and 75 degrees F hotter than what you set it to).

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    Nope. Super cheap electric oven provided by my apartment complex. No built in timer. Though the temperature setting does seem to work, unlike my electric oven back home (that one ran somewhere between 50 and 75 degrees F hotter than what you set it to).
    Heh, yeah, the oven in my first apartment was off too, probably displayed ~50F cooler than it really was. In a tiny-ass galley kitchen to make things worse. Makes me want to hug my current awesome kitchen.

Heh, yeah, the oven in my first apartment was off too, probably displayed ~50F cooler than it really was. In a tiny-ass galley kitchen to make things worse. Makes me want to hug my current awesome kitchen.
    That oven that was off was the one in my family's home (not an apartment or rental property). We just always knew how to adjust for it (well, except for stuff like the Pillsbury rolls- mom always burnt those. I think I had 1 good batch and 1 slightly undercooked but safe to eat batch when I tried).
    Correcting that was easy: Directions say 450? Just turn the knob to 400. Depending on what it was, maybe take a minute or two off as well.

Muffin update: The bottoms were burnt, but still soft. Meaning they were darker and didn't taste great. The top 90% of the muffin was fine.

We lost a great scientist this weekend. Tim Samaras, his son Paul, and driver Carl Young of the TWISTEX meteorological research team were killed Friday when an EF-3 tornado in El Reno, OK took an unpredictable turn toward their research vehicle. Tim is a pioneer and engineer in the science of tornado prediction and his work has surely saved countless lives. He boldly got close to dangerous storms in the name of research into longer warning times. He was never satisfied with the average warning time of 17 minutes.

As an amateur storm spotter, Tim was someone I always looked up to and it's unbelievable that he's gone. He was probably the most methodical and careful chasers out there and that goes to show how much we don't understand about tornadoes and severe weather. I hope his research is continued by other chasers in the field.

Keeping their families in my thoughts. Dark day in science.

We lost a great scientist this weekend. Tim Samaras, his son Paul, and driver Carl Young of the TWISTEX meteorological research team were killed Friday when an EF-3 tornado in El Reno, OK took an unpredictable turn toward their research vehicle. Tim is a pioneer and engineer in the science of tornado prediction and his work has surely saved countless lives. He boldly got close to dangerous storms in the name of research into longer warning times. He was never satisfied with the average warning time of 17 minutes.

As an amateur storm spotter, Tim was someone I always looked up to and it's unbelievable that he's gone. He was probably the most methodical and careful chasers out there and that goes to show how much we don't understand about tornadoes and severe weather. I hope his research is continued by other chasers in the field.

Keeping their families in my thoughts. Dark day in science.
    That's too sad to hear, but it's the dangers of what they do.

And that, while it's news of the worst sort and a very dark day indeed, has inspired me to continue on with my own plans for becoming a storm spotter.

May you rest in peace, crew of the TWISTEX.

Quote Originally Posted by Reksanden View Post
    That's too sad to hear, but it's the dangers of what they do.

And that, while it's news of the worst sort and a very dark day indeed, has inspired me to continue on with my own plans for becoming a storm spotter.

May you rest in peace, crew of the TWISTEX.
    If you're looking for classes, check your local Skywarn branch. They relay reports directly to your NWS branch and offer training courses. I'm registered with Skywarn and Spotter Network, meaning I can relay local storm reports and I can call in severe weather in the field. Great programs to look into.

If you're looking for classes, check your local Skywarn branch. They relay reports directly to your NWS branch and offer training courses. I'm registered with Skywarn and Spotter Network, meaning I can relay local storm reports and I can call in severe weather in the field. Great programs to look into.
    I'm in the Navy, Specifically, what I'd go for is the AG rate, or Aviation Aerographer's Mate. Though I'll definitely keep that in mind, as I won't be in it forever.