Page 566 of 683 FirstFirst ... 66466516556563564565566567568569576616666 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 6822

Work has been tough and I'm probably going to get written up for something stupid I said last Friday about a worker. I wish people would leave me alone when I'm trying to work but instead I have to deal with morons that have to push me around because of how I do stuff. I'm crossing my fingers I don't get fired. =-=
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

If you are running some kind of media company and are looking for a new community representative to enhance your brand, here are some things to look out for in potential new hires:
    • Uses their existing YouTube and Twitter accounts to bad-mouth the community of your game
    • Uses their existing YouTube and Twitter accounts to call for boycott of microtransactions in games whilst applying as a community rep for your microtransaction game
    • Exchanges in-game currency and items for nude photographs on at least two occasions
    • Cultivates a reputation for begging for hundreds of dollars in goods via Amazon Wishlist, via their social media

If you're truly determined to hire this person, it would be a good idea to separate the existing online persona from the face of the new employee representing your company. It's basic CYA.

CCP, you done goofed.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    If you are running some kind of media company and are looking for a new community representative to enhance your brand, here are some things to look out for in potential new hires:
    • Uses their existing YouTube and Twitter accounts to bad-mouth the community of your game
    • Uses their existing YouTube and Twitter accounts to call for boycott of microtransactions in games whilst applying as a community rep for your microtransaction game
    • Exchanges in-game currency and items for nude photographs on at least two occasions
    • Cultivates a reputation for begging for hundreds of dollars in goods via Amazon Wishlist, via their social media

If you're truly determined to hire this person, it would be a good idea to separate the existing online persona from the face of the new employee representing your company. It's basic CYA.

CCP, you done goofed.
    Did... did this actually happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Did... did this actually happen?
    I didn't believe it when I read it. As recently as April 20 they had tweeted how they were 'so done' with the game.

Questionable hiring aside, the whole PR mess would have been averted if the company had followed their own policy of having players who are hired getting a 'fresh start' with a new character. Keeps the public/professional face separate from the player's personal activity.
    Last edited by Palle; Jun 5, 2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: added term for clarification
    Tax the fucking churches.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Fucking Kubo...

0th world problems.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Over the past few weeks, I have seen a surprising number of people defending Hitler and denying the Holocaust.

What.

I wonder what the overlap is for people defending hitler and people calling obama hitler.

I think I'm far more pissed about the White House's defense of the NSA's unrestricted spying on US citizens than the actual spying, that certainly didn't just start yesterday. Stopping terrorists? Didn't do shit to save lives in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I wonder what the overlap is for people defending hitler and people calling obama hitler.
    On Saturdays I usually pick my Mom up and take her to Church, and a few weeks ago I had the displeasure of talking to one of the parishioners of a similar mindset to what you're describing. Apparently he usually goes on Sunday morning, and didn't know the hours outside of that day, but needed to talk to Father. So while waiting for service to let out, he noticed me reading a book about "big government" style national planning initiatives of the founding fathers (Hamilton's bank, Jefferson's roads and land deals, etc) and decided to strike up a conversation since he was all about small government tea party conservatism. It wasn't long before the conversation turned to Obama, at which point he referred to him as "that Kenyan" in a disgusted tone.

To which I replied, "Kenyan? Oh ~ It's ok, you can call him a Nigger. I'm certainly not going to think any less of you for it."

And yup, that's exactly what he did.

As soon as I heard that, I rolled up my window and went back to reading my book while he was still mid-sentence. I didn't think any less of him for it either, just as I said. My opinion was already about as low as it could be. That's not the way (in my experience), most Tea Partiers react. But every once in a while you can catch one who's not just picking up common memes from their political community, but is using them as veiled language for racist and bigoted opinion.

Also, I've spent a bit of time trawling the forums of StormFront, and it is (or at least was) common to see "recruitment" threads getting members riled up and organized to go out to local town hall meetings, tea party rallies, etc... and "play the field". I don't think they're any more than a very small minority of the larger community, but you can bet your ass they're in there... and they're vocal as hell.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jun 6, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Sure was fun delivering giant orders of parts today in this Tropical Storm. Guess I earned my shit-tastic minimum wage today!

EDIT: and I just slipped and busted my knee in the shower.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jun 6, 2013 at 04:01 PM.