Page 622 of 683 FirstFirst ... 122522572612619620621622623624625632672 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 6822

F*ck Paypal. Bunch of idiots and d*ckheads. I'd put a branch up their asses personally if I could. That would definitely make me feel a little better about their f*cking incompetence.

Use a bank account I closed and removed from your page months ago, then days later tell me I am in the reds and disable my ability to do debit transactions, alright! Take 5 f*cking days to receive my money from the bank transfer I made because you f*cked me over! Do not reply to my mail to you after an entire week either, sure! I will f*cking give you a piece of my mind when I call you f*cking overpriced hotline tomorrow. For an entire f*cks sake you are really driving me insane. F*ckholes.

I can't. I really can't. Those guys are driving me insane.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Another application turned down...this is like the sixth in the last 2 or so weeks...
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Another application turned down...this is like the sixth in the last 2 or so weeks...
    That's no good. My classes at the moment are talking about that very possibility, since it's for people getting out. Most of them already have jobs offered to them, some are going to school, the rest don't know. I'm working freelance, so I don't quite have your problem.

Wish you luck for your job hunting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    I don't want to be that guy or anything, but

I personally know of a large handful of people who've sent out hundreds, thousands of applications to jobs they are actually qualified for and have experience doing that, on the rare occasion they get a reply, are only called and told they're either overqualified, don't have enough experience, or the company has decided to hire internally as a courtesy.

Batten down the hatches; the storm is just beginning.

After spending all last week and this week preparing for this huge meeting today, it was over in... 20 minutes? Maybe 25?

I guess since it's over now and I'm not swamped anymore maybe this should be in the Cool Shxt thread.

It's been an unimaginably busy week for me. Today is, so far, an 11 hour work day with more to go, and I totally just pressed the "back" button on my last project in the browser and the progress didn't save.

Pretty sure I'm crying on the inside.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

*sigh* Felt empty most of the day/night.

Yelled at over, and over, and over again....

I mean, I already knew I was touched in the head but goddammit...

I'm actually starting to think I'm the normal one and my family is just messed up, it's getting so bad.

...Wait, am I even being sarcastic anymore? ._.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Mar 9, 2014 at 03:18 AM.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Welcome back to the american higher education system.

Your two textbooks will cost 90 dollars and 180 dollars. To rent. Used. For 8 weeks.

Your alternatives are to buy them for 50% more, or buy them new for 75% more. 100% more for the cheaper one.

Also the cheaper one is just paper in saran wrap. It doesn't even have bindings.

Here is a list of preferred sites you can use for ebook rentals. An ebook rental is 80 dollars.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

edit: I mean yeah, Amazon has rentals for less than half the price, but I need to read two chapters from each book in... 48 hours

edit2: Also, we pick only the finest texts for our students to use, based on their credibility, the authors' reputations, and most importantly how difficult it is to find them for free online.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Mar 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Welcome back to the american higher education system.

Your two textbooks will cost 90 dollars and 180 dollars. To rent. Used. For 8 weeks.

Your alternatives are to buy them for 50% more, or buy them new for 75% more. 100% more for the cheaper one.

Also the cheaper one is just paper in saran wrap. It doesn't even have bindings.

Here is a list of preferred sites you can use for ebook rentals. An ebook rental is 80 dollars.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

edit: I mean yeah, Amazon has rentals for less than half the price, but I need to read two chapters from each book in... 48 hours

edit2: Also, we pick only the finest texts for our students to use, based on their credibility, the authors' reputations, and most importantly how difficult it is to find them for free online.
    You forgot - importing the 20% cost international versions is strictly forbidden and will get you sued.

Yeah, textbook prices are obscene and not remotely justified (especially when they can apparently sell it profitably overseas for a fraction of the price)
    Coming Soon!

I spent like 150GBP (249USD) on textbooks this year.

I haven't even used them.

edit: Admittedly though 3 of them are grammar references for my language studies, so they won't suddenly become useless after the year is done.