Page 671 of 683 FirstFirst ... 171571621661668669670671672673674681 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,710 of 6822

Quote Originally Posted by Genoa View Post
    Had not logged into PSO-World in a really, really long time... Decided to read my first threads I started back in 2003...
    If I could go back into the past and visit my 13-year old self... I would punch my dumb*** right in the throat.

I have threads like "Help MAG Xperts HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEAZZZZZZ" as well as constant rambling with lots of Caps, exclamation-points, question-marks, with an overdose of ranting over the absolute dumbest things.

I personally don't even remember most of those threads or even acting the way I did.
    ;_;
    For a while I would show people their first PSO-World posts in FKL. It's actually super easy to dig up using the search function. We (read: I) had a lot of fun with that.

I keep forgetting not to get into ideological debates with my family on Facebook, since I argue in terms and concepts that are way over their heads.

Ugh.

I can't help it, though. When it comes to stupid shit, I pretty strictly follow the "See Something, Say Something" philosophy.

At some point, it's just important that you gauge what is lucrative or not. If people don't want to learn or be helped, then you can't brute force it. The time is better spent bettering yourself and utilizing your resources to help you find other people you can relate to on a higher intellectual and open-minded level.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Labtop decided to mess up on me after it ran an update. I want to make sure I can atleast play games on it or have find a new one. I also hope my gamepad still works too.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I don’t see how people can “date” anymore in this modern, fast-paced, self-obsessed world we live in. In the "dating scene," there’s so many “rules,” both spoken and unspoken. There’s so many intricate, irritating little nuances and “correct” ways to approach every situation. There’s things you should ‘always’ say, and other things you should ‘never’ do.

Who are the people who still have patience for this shit? Like, for real? To me, trying to "find someone" seems more like a grueling multimillion dollar business negotiation, and less like just having fun and bonding with another human.

I don't get it!

Dating is terrible and random, it's true. It's like no matter what you do, you keep failing until you succeed by accident. If/when my current relationship ends, I fully expect to not know how the eff to go about getting another one.

To add insult to injury, you probably have to work harder than ever to reach the dating status quo while faith and commitment are at an all time low.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

I think a lot of you guys would find Dr. Nerd Love to be beneficial: http://www.doctornerdlove.com/

Dude basically has a Q&A website where he gives advice to nerds and geeks on how to get over the hurdle and stress of trying to get into the dating game. He also helps people understand what they're doing wrong and how to be more respectful of themselves and others. He also tries to help people get away from the toxic pickup artist behavior.

He seems like a pretty good resource for a gaming geek looking to work on his or her love life.

Oh, no, don't misunderstand, I have absolutely zero interest in "dating" or anything like that; I find romance to be unnecessary in the greater scheme of life. I just watch from afar and absorb information on it, and found most of it to be insane.

But, that does look like a nice resource for those who desire it.

EDIT: Despite it seeming Feminist-y. Lik,e "Nerds and Male Privilege?" That pesky thing that doesn't really exist anymore? Yeah, uh, I don't like that part. "Dr. Nerd Love" seems a bit clueless on certain subjects.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Apr 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I feel like dating is trying too hard. If you do you, and further your life in your way, you'll meet someone on the way.

I also don't have a social life because of work and school, which, arguably, I should have a social life anyway. But I don't. I don't like people. I can sure bullshit that I do, though! *always gets people person jobs*