Page 642 of 683 FirstFirst ... 142542592632639640641642643644645652 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 6822

Well ya I should have put a lil bit more thought in to that post. Fine I made a mistake.

I also want to highlight the fact that you can disagree with something without being a member of a radical opposing group.

For instance, I am not a member of the Westboro Baptist Church but that does not make me a member of Al Quaeda. How ridiculous would it be to make a claim like that?

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I also want to highlight the fact that you can disagree with something without being a member of a radical opposing group.

For instance, I am not a member of the Westboro Baptist Church but that does not make me a member of Al Quaeda. How ridiculous would it be to make a claim like that?
    I thought you wanted the discussion to end :l

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    I thought you wanted the discussion to end :l
    Well you're awful eager to drop it all of a sudden.

That discussion did end.

The discussion turned into reading off of page 5 of any given logic college (or highschool) textbook.

Or page 1 of common sense.

nah not really and considering the topic of the conversation maybe we should be reading a sociology textbook

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    nah not really and considering the topic of the conversation maybe we should be reading a sociology textbook
    yes really

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

there are more choices in life than "feminist" and "male rights activist"

I was talking about wanting to end the discussion.
    But seriously flip through a sociology textbook some time.
    Last edited by .Rusty.; Jun 14, 2014 at 01:02 PM.

Oh, no. I don't want to talk about that shit, I just also don't want to let something as heinous as a false dilemma, posted unironically, slide.

I could get if it was on purpose though, like if you wanted to say MRA movement consists of 100% Literally Hitlers.

I mean shit, I want nothing to do with MRA. But apparently I need to outright state these things or else people will automatically jump to assuming I'm a full blown MRA member, or at least start talking about them in a way that heavily implies I must be a member, whenever I disagree with even 1 thing a feminist says. That's irritating, but it's irritating when anybody does it.

Example: No, republicans, I am not in fact trying to socialize the entire country just because I think some wallstreet gamblers should be prosecuted for their crimes.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jun 14, 2014 at 01:10 PM.

yeah sorry it was just a bit of train of thought type thing... that kind of crashed in to fallacy town.

Didn't mean to imply "feminist" and "male rights activist" was the only choice.