Page 623 of 683 FirstFirst ... 123523573613620621622623624625626633673 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 6822

I still have almost all my textbooks in a nice lil library. In engineering, they still make for great reference materials and a lot of it is hard to just Google. They were stupid expensive though, ugh. I have a feeling the prices of textbooks and tuition are never getting better because a select group of people doesn't want an educated populace.

I managed to get the books as ebook rentals for all of 120 dollars, after finding out there is indeed kindle software for the PC. I looked around amazon's site and couldn't find anything indicating it existed, anywhere, but they sure made a point to plaster kindle tablets and such everywhere possible.

So I'm good now. Ish. I'd have spent more time looking elsewhere, but I need to finish reading four chapters by about this time tomorrow. It's nothing I can't handle, but I'd rather not risk fucking everything up on the first few classes. This also let me put the charge on my amazon card, meaning I get to hold onto the incoming financial aid for other things like you know next month's rent and take care of the cost of the books more slowly.

That's the other thing - the campus bookstore is always happy to charge the obscene prices against your financial aid. The financial aid you won't get until a month after classes start. And you need those books within two weeks of classes starting. So if you can't afford the books elsewhere, even if they're cheaper, that's your only option since you can be sure the ones in the library are virtually always in use.

They know exactly what they're doing.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Giga, I found the site I was looking for. http://www.gutenberg.org/ You might be able to find books in the future here. It'll save ya some money if possible.

Oh man, don't you hate it when you're supposed to meet someone and you don't get the notification for it until the day after?

Yep, that happened to me. Supposed to meet with a social worker last Friday, didn't get the mail notice for it until the day after .____. Good news is that I called them and they said it was alright, just come right on in with the letter and they'll see me.

Also, people still haven't picked up the car. We've been sending them letters and copies of the death certificate since the day after Dad's funeral and they still haven't picked up the car and now it's passed the date of the car note being due. I mean Dad's bank knows that he passed so they froze his accounts so they can't get anything from there. But still.

I caught mono.
    How da fuck.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I caught mono.
    How da fuck.
    Clearly all dat kissin around you been doin

OSHIT THAT MEANS I HAVE IT TOO D:

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Clearly all dat kissin around you been doin

OSHIT THAT MEANS I HAVE IT TOO D:
    I KNEW IT'D GET US IN TROUBLE SOMEDAY!

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

I know this is a place that's usually for complaining, but...

I got a job interview set for Friday! /o/

It's not a job but it's something! \o\

I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! ^-^

Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

That's awesome! Congrats!

Started the day falling down the same half flight of stairs twice...I don't even know how I could possibly let that happen.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz