Page 245 of 683 FirstFirst ... 145195235242243244245246247248255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 6822

Went to a bar earlier tonight. Was expecting some Irish music, or at least stuff like Celtic/Irish punk, being Saint Patrick's Day. The DJ played the standard everyday pop stuff.

It seems us 'kids' are in the majority, then.

If you want to report me, go ahead. I'm not stopping what I'm doing and I don't care if you hate me for it. If you want to slaughter us go ahead. We're not making hang-out threads and won't. There are chatboxes for that.

It all comes down to one point - you can't do anything but complain about what I, as well as the majority of the forum, do inconsequentially and we can't do anything about you complaining.

We both need to live with it.

-Wayu

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    It seems us 'kids' are in the majority, then.

We both need to live with it.

-Wayu
    Imessage imessage imessage,

-sign off?

That's the wrong approach to take. Don't take me as piling on what the other guy said and its now a big wall front to approach. Making sides, us vs them. So what, you want to vote G.Bush again or something?

Last part is where to go, compromise. If you're not making the hangout threads or contributing all of it, no need to take up the defense for others, including everyone else. People can start PAGE DOWN skimming, hoping the others scale back on the Instant Messenger type stuff. If noone changes, it becomes an everyday occurrence.

Both parties probably want everyone to group up more, in those Group type areas of the site to alleviate most of socializing only on the forums. There's other easier places to come together and better ways to do that.

The occasional off-topic quip's not hurting anyone. No need to defend against an bladeless sword.

-Wayu

Forums =/= facebook

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

People who complain about socializing in a social environment.

I mean, seriously guys?

Women.

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    This is one reason why I, on occasion, have employed the Ignore feature.
    I beat ya to it a couple of months back. Thats 5 ATM that arent in the FKL and it isnt pepole from the FKL in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    People who complain about socializing in a social environment.

I mean, seriously guys?
    Doesnt get much older then that. And thats old.

Might be old, but that doesn't really make it any less true honestly. Age doesn't mean shit if it's still a fact. 2+2=4 is old as dirt, doesn't make it any less true. Even if we don't like the style of conversation, it's not really our call. The moderators here are admittedly lax most of the time (and I'd rather have that than strict, honestly.) When you really get down to it most of the conversation on this topic will come to naught anyhow. No one's opinions are changing much, and I doubt anyone is gonna stop their conversation styles unless a mod steps in and starts giving out warnings, but that's some pretty trivial crap to bother with everyday. It really is beating a dead horse.
    Last edited by Sord; Mar 18, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sord View Post
    Might be old, but that doesn't really make it any less true honestly. Age doesn't mean shit if it's still a fact. 2+2=4 is old as dirt, doesn't make it any less true. Even if we don't like the style of conversation, it's not really our call. The moderators here are admittedly lax most of the time (and I'd rather have that than strict, honestly.) When you really get down to it most of the conversation on this topic will come to naught anyhow. No one's opinions are changing much, and I doubt anyone is gonna stop their conversation styles unless a mod steps in and starts giving out warnings, but that's some pretty trivial crap to bother with everyday. It really is beating a dead horse.
    Yeah true, But whos to say its an immature 20 year old who still likes Power Rangers? Like serisly.

Quote Originally Posted by HUcast Lv.100 View Post
    Yeah true, But whos to say its an immature 20 year old who still likes Power Rangers? Like serisly.
    I fail to see how that has anything to do with this. I'm 21, I watched power rangers as a kid. Yeah, I find it really ridiculous now, but I've met plenty of people that still have a nostalgic attachment to it from their childhood. Hell, I'm like that with the original TMNT cartoon. Also shows like Voltron, Transformers, G.I. Joe, shows around and just before my generation, I've met plenty of people both on and offline with plenty of maturity and intelligence that still like that stuff. If such things are really your base of judgement for people, then I'd have to say the immature one here is you.