Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I like how they are expanding the commbox capacity.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Oh I've noticed but I'm not gonna tell a PS2 user that his/her priorities should be to upgrade to PC because they're in the way of everyone else's dreams and wishes.
    Perfect Spiral | Beast
    Cygnus | Newman
    Enders | Cast

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofEnders View Post
    I love how PS2 players are bastardized like they're somehow wrong for playing on that console.
    Yeah. Last time I checked, this game was a PS2 game. ST just took their damn time making it (weren't rumors about PSU around since...2003?), so thats why it ended up being released around the same time Next-generation consoles came out.

If anyone is wrong, its ST. All of a sudden they don't want this game to be a PS2 game, well they really should have thought beforehand shouldn't they? They should've just taken another year and made this game for Xbox360/PC/PS3, then we wouldn't have the problems we have now (low population, slow-down, tech-visual nerfs, living on small bi-weekly updates, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post
    Yeah. Last time I checked, this game was a PS2 game. ST just took their damn time making it (weren't rumors about PSU around since...2003?), so thats why it ended up being released around the same time Next-generation consoles came out.

If anyone is wrong, its ST. All of a sudden they don't want this game to be a PS2 game, well they really should have thought beforehand shouldn't they? They should've just taken another year and made this game for Xbox360/PC/PS3, then we wouldn't have the problems we have now (low population, slow-down, tech-visual nerfs, living on small bi-weekly updates, etc).
    while true, you must also remember that blue burst was PC only, so in fairness PSU was probably meant to be PC only with the ps2 option tagged in for population boost, also the JP ps2 and a small population of western PS2 users with the old 'nearly as big as an xbox' ps2 DID support hard drives and a network adapter, now im not a ps2 fan as sony killed sega's console devision. as we know xbox360 support came later and was probably in response to the mass population of western market having an xbox360 over ps2
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

KeyBoard Puncher~

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofEnders View Post
    Oh I've noticed but I'm not gonna tell a PS2 user that his/her priorities should be to upgrade to PC because they're in the way of everyone else's dreams and wishes.
    Not the players fault, Sega's for programming a game that runs even slow at times on the 360. The game is horribly ported/coded, I think anyone that has played the 360/Ps2 version could tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post

Um....no.

Absolutely every indication of this game states it was not ment to be ran on a PS2.
    -The framerate is horrible. Absolutely horrible.
    - the textures aren't even fully visible (On PS2 most of the time you cant even make out whats on the weapons)
    -The Line Sheilds dont have special effects (pissed me off first time i played PC and actually noticed)
    -Draw distance is garbage
    -You cant even play in a room with more than 3 people without HORRIBLE horrible lag.

This game was definately PC based, then through a decision to widen its consumer base, it was stuck on the PS2. This game RUNS like a PC game with 360 support, or vice versa. The PS2 completely butchers this game. The 360 decision was most likely flawed in the sense that Japan hasn't fully cought on to the 360 yet. They're definately starting to, but not towards the release of this game. In the future, if this game continues to get updates, you can only expect the PS2 version to fall farther and farther behind, becuase of PSU ever gets as large as PSOBB, the PS2 will NEVER be able to keep up. It was going to happen eventually.

The PS2 was the absolute weakest of the last generation -- there is no way they can hope to expand upon this game and keep the PS2 in the mix. By choosing to put this on the PC and 360, they've basically put no limit on what they want to add -- if through some new release / patch they can optimize the 360 version farther, then they can advance this game as far as they want with little problems.

But if they ever decide to release NEW weapons? Like, PSU (Not PSP or PSO) exclusive weapons? Expect them to either not reach the PS2, or expect them visually downgraded to hell.

Besides, any gamer with a PS2 at this point should be upgrading. You're mad people dont want to put their stuff on your shitty hardware anymore? Stop whining and get a 360/ps3/wii already. In 2 years time the PS3 will have far more players, so if you arent getting a 360 you might as well go for that.

(BTW, its games like PSU that remind me why i dont even care about the wii anymore. Motion gimmicks are nice, but when you have to STRUGGLE to make shaders work on the system (lolconduit), then it really shows how weak your shit is.)
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jun 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM.

Yeaaaaah.... a PS3 costs £300.

An Xbox 360 costs at least £180 or so.

A PC capable of handling PSU costs in the region of £300 - £450 without the inclusion of a screen.

Compared to my PS2 that cost me £100 two years ago and still has games that are far cheaper than a PS3, Xbox 360 or legit PC game I'm sure I'll happily stay on my PS2.

Why should I upgrade when there's about five games I want to play of all three of those mentioned...? One of those upgrades means leaving behind all of my friends on the PC/PS2 US/EU servers. Another one of those upgrades means having a decent monitor and a knowledge of Windows. The last upgrade doesn't even play PS2 games unless you have the earlier editions of the console and you're just essentially playing a PS2 on a unit that makes more noise than my washing machine.

Sure, I understand your frustration at PSU and I've thought many times to upgrade to a high end PC so I can play the game without needing to think ahead on what weapons I need to use. But to pay £300 or more just for one game when I manage just fine on a PS2...?

I'll wait until we DO get a supplemental update on our servers before doing that. Aside from the three rare missions and the co-operative missions that require another player(s) to stand on a switch, is there anything or anywhere that needs more than one, two or three players..?

£150+ is not easy for some people to pay on a unit that is notoriously unreliable.
    £300+ is not ideal for a small, confined living area.

Being told how to spend our money over the internet is really a funny thing.

"Buy a new console for PSU if you care about it but don't pay for the GC missions!!"

Nobody is telling you how to spend your money. Im telling you to invest in a system that doesn't suck. Nobody HAS to listen when people say that...but dont complain when everyone else is moving on, thats all. You cant get angry when even the developers are tired of being held back on shitty hardware.

I dont know why you'd want to play on PS2 anyway. Seriously, i just switched to 360 from PC/PS2 (yes my PC runs PSU perfectly) and im NEVER going back. I rarely ever have framerate problems (Runs at 0 Frameskip until a dip, which almost always goes away in a second or two.), the game runs as smoothly as on PC with a draw distance just as large, and to top it off...i can add my own soundtrack to it on the go.

If i ever am forced to go back to PS2, im just gonna quit. In fact, i would perfer if they'd just drop the fucking PS2 already so this game can be PC/360 like its SUPPOSED TO BE. (Seriously, MICROSOFT Xbox, MICROSOFT Xbox Live, and MICROSOFT Windows. Why the HELL are they different platforms?)

I still believe the only reason PC isnt linked up with 360 is because they had to back the PS2 with something. Either that, or they just had zero faith in the 360 version.

However, if the PC/360 version of this game was linked, it would be great. I dont know how many of the PS2/PC JP players are PC players, but im sure its a very nice chunk of them. JP PC + US/EU PC + 360US/EU/JP would complete the game AND population. FUCK ps2.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jun 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

PS2 plays fine for me and I've played on the PC. Sure, it looks smoother and weapons load (and usually stay loaded) instantaneously but it also makes a lot of noise. The fans, the hard drive being accessed and most of all you can't get the buttons to be EXACTLY the same as the PS2's configuration (Cancel goes to the palette button on PC, it's the PA button on a PS2).

I'm fine with using my laptop or CD player for my own soundtrack. I'm sure others that have enough money will have dedicated portable music players of some sort.

The biggest reason I can think of for the servers not to be merged in unison is because of localisation. JP 360 wouldn't last very long on it's own so it got merged with EU/US 360 servers.

JP PC/PS2 is separate from US/EU PC/PS2 most likely for translation purposes, testing and because it was mainly the Western's fault for ruining PSO for many players. Didn't DC PSO get cut completely while EU and JP DC PSO kept going?

Sonic Team sure learnt their lesson when they thought about merging things together again with PSO GC WHOAH!!! Was that a mistake.

Wasn't PSO Xbox region locked too..?

Sure, it'd be nice if all the servers were linked but I don't think it's really easy to do that. I remember playing on the JP servers for the GC and being welcomed with lots and lots of lag. That and as cool as WORD SELECT was, it rarely worked well.

I'm sure that PC and 360 have the same problems as the PS2 - they can just load things faster. Amazing how everyone just wants things now, Now, NOW.

Pretty soon, people will be saying that rare items don't drop and new content needs to be added in on a weekly basis. Oh wait...

Man, not even WoW or FFXI adds entirely new content every week or month and they have their share of problems.

But I suppose a business has to do whatever the head/lead person says. Even if it's doomed with a PS2, there are still, literally millions of homes with a PS2 in it.

Not that I want to touch this can of worms, really, but just a note:

PSU would have to be converted to be Games for Windows Live compatible if they wanted it to run with both Xbox Live and PC together. The reason for this is the voice chat; without GFWL you wouldn't be able to hear anyone talking on a mic, and considering that's frequently the primary method of communication for people on the 360 that's pretty much a deal-breaker.