Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rappy Hunter

Hello all.. I just purchased a gamecube today and picked up PSO.. I have not played the one for DC just played phantasy star 2 for Genesis way back when heh.. Well today i got to level 5 and really liking it and was considering purchasing a BBA and going up online.. should i wait till i'm later in level? Like can i take my character from offline online? just kind of curious also learning the ways..

Also is online really that much funner? i hear both sides going bakc and forth about FSOD and such but they still go back online and continue playing lol.. just kind of curious about peoples opinons as of now.. thanks and sorry to bore some of you

Once you go online, you won't ever want to play offline again. But you will probably complain alot because Japan gets treated better than the U.S.

Online is a great experience, I think you should get the bba. You will meet great people, lvl a lot quicker also. Online is just great, way better then offline.

Online is a bit of a risk simply because of FSOD but if you are carefull you will be fine. Personally I think the game only has a purpose online, offline it gets bioring quickly. It's playing with all those people that gives the game its charm.

Coming from a PSO veteran from Dreamcast up to the current version, I would say wait until you're bored of the offline experience, then hop online and get a little deeper in the game. I think you'll prolong your experience this way, unless you just can't wait.

As for FSOD, it's a pretty random occurence, and from what I understand, it has been dealt with and should no longer occur. Keep your eyes peeled at the homepage here for news regarding that. I never had any major problems with it when it occured to me. Just make sure that you keep all of your rare weapons in the bank (check room) if you aren't going to use them, otherwise FSOD will erase all non-equipped items.

Good luck leveling, and I'm sure you will enjoy your PSO experience, offline and on!

Rappy Hunter

Thanks guys for your opinions.. I would really like to try to connect online sooner or later but right now playing offline is still fun so i'll do that for awhile longer, but now I have to try to find a BBA for the gamecube.. None in my town and the next shipment they said would probably be in mid march so I have to try to find one.. Anyone know if Ebay auctions for bba are okay? like if its been opened and used but still works can I still use it? or do you have to register or something with the BBA so you cant use it if you buy one from someone else.. I heard about this for PS2 adapeter but not to sure, never bought it since there wasnt any real good games.. thx guys for your time

old school fanatic

My friend got the BBA off ebay for $50 (new). Not a bad deal but you should be able to find it through various online retailers.

I gaurentee you'll never see some of the really cool weapons unless you play online and get them from a cheater ^_^. It might make he game even more interesting for you. Hell you might even become a cheater yourself though if yuo come online! The question is..

CAN YOU HANDLE IT!?!

Shogun of Darkness

no1 should go online just to become a cheater and ruin the game for everyone else..... im sure he isnt though .

Dreamcast was better.

Cheaters can go hang on the ruined DC version, I can't wait to play without havin to worry about NOLing and PKing. That just sucked. My BBA should come 2morrow!!!!