Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb PSU? Out of Curiosity...

Worth picking this up? Last I heard the updates were, yeah... Never. And it's still pay to play right? That and from the research i've done, hardly anyone plays the PC version online? So, yeah that sounds lots of fun, knowing you will have hardly anyone online to play the game with.

But, the question still remains. I have yet to experience PSU. I've only ever played PSO for any/all systems. Loved it. I think PSU looks cool. Looks like it might be fun. Should I shell out the cash for this, or just renew my sub to WoW?
    The more things change... The more they stay the same...

i'd say its definately worth playing online. Lack of updates wont stop a brand new player from having TONS of crap to do. Its those of us that's been following since the beginning that have problems.

Well, an event is about to start, during events it's easier to find people to play with, and with a boost in exp during the event is easier to lvl up too.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I'd say try it out for a month. In a worse-case-scenario, you've spent $30 trying it out to find out you don't like it, and can always give the game (and possibly even your account, if you feel safe enough doing so) to a friend who wants to try it. They can just make their own account though, since there's no CD key or account key or anything required to make one - just sign up and pay the monthly fee.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    I'd say try it out for a month. In a worse-case-scenario, you've spent $30 trying it out to find out you don't like it, and can always give the game (and possibly even your account, if you feel safe enough doing so) to a friend who wants to try it. They can just make their own account though, since there's no CD key or account key or anything required to make one - just sign up and pay the monthly fee.
    Fair enough point. I mainly thought i'd just test the water more or less, and see what the game has to offer. I suppose if nothing else there's offline mode... ZzzzZzzz... Yeah it's never to fun to play an online game solo for the most part. However episode 2 for GC wasn't so bad, since you could just have some friends over to play split screen with ya.

Nice that they've finally decided to steer away from the wonderful world of CD Keys.

Now should I just hit their main site and DL what they call the expansion (Which says it doesn't need the original to play), or should I actually go buy the original retail box first to try the game out?

If you're going to be trying online, go with the expansion. It has several missions where most players are, missions that can't be accessed by those with the original version.
    Online you only need the expansion to be able to access everything, and the ones with the original version can't access the new places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    If you're going to be trying online, go with the expansion. It has several missions where most players are, missions that can't be accessed by those with the original version.
    Am I going to be missing out on anything that's exclusive to the original?

Besides the single-player story mode obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    Am I going to be missing out on anything that's exclusive to the original?

Besides the single-player story mode obviously.
    Anyone that has the expansion can access everything from the original version online.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Anyone that has the expansion can access everything from the original version online.
    Nice to know, thanks for the info. And looks like I can pick up the game kinda cheap locally.

To bad Sega doesn't keep their main site that updated on info.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Yeah, the only real benefit to owning the original is being able to play the single-player story mode as Ethan Waber, and then playing around with Extra Mode (which is pretty much a watered-down "plotless" version of the Single-player mode), and then being able to export your character from V1's Extra Mode into Episode 2's offline mode (which isn't as neat as it sounds...)

So yeah, my personal recommendation is read a synopsis of Episode 1, and just go buy the expansion.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!