Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Zero in English (first video inside)

Hello everyone!

Some of you might be aware that a japanese convention called "Japan Expo" has just taken place in Paris during the last four days (from thursday to sunday). It's extremely popular and they've got more and more "never seen before" things, like lenghty in-game videos of Bayonetta... And, you got it, an English build of Phantasy Star Zero.

Everything was translated, I'm sure of it. Visitors have played it one after the other, so that one of the saves had reached the Dark Shrine, the last level. And to reach that level, you need to complete all the other ones in Story Mode. I tried that save file, and that last part of the story was totally in English, even against the final boss. All the weapons the people got, the monsters they fought, EVERYTHING was in English, I swear. Why are they delaying so much? Guess we'll never know :/.

Anyway, I took a video of the first 7 minutes, minus the long movies at the beginning (i.e. the musical intro and the one that set up the universe). Enjoy . The quality is quite bad, I'll upload a way-better-one tomorrow, I promise (I have to for my French Phantasy Star website anyway).

(Hooray, after the Nintendo items, here is another exclusive video from Phantasy Start ).

By the way, they got rid of Makenai Kokoro for the intro song. They put the one they used in the trailer. I mean the one you hear when you have to press start, but quicker. And there wasn't any staff "scrolling down" in the bottom screen.

I also have taken other videos for translation curiosity purposes. Weapons, ennemies, things like that. I'll post them later.
    Last edited by Fry_Heit; Jul 23, 2009 at 01:11 PM.

I cant wait for this to come out PS0 and Suikoden Treikris are the only reasons i got a DS

Thank you for this, Fry Heit. I haven't seen any fully localized media of PS0 yet, and have been starting to wonder if it was still in the works at all. Given that it seems to be pretty far along, I wonder why Sega has been so quiet about it...

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Indeed, it's very comforting to see the game with text I can read now. I'm personally hoping the opening theme song is changed.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

The video was taken down due to copyright claims from Sega. =/

Would you be able to host this on a web storage site or something? I'm pretty curious about it.
    PSO
    Shalo the HUnewearl, GC, level 151

PSU
    Furrypaws the Beast, PC/PS2, Level 79, WT10

Yeah, crap. I'd be glad to upload it on an FTP, but if Sega is against it... Not sure they'd like me to share it in another way. Plus PSO World sides with Sega, not sure they too would let me do it :/.
    Last edited by Fry_Heit; Jul 7, 2009 at 02:21 AM.

Aw, that's a shame. I didn't get to see it, but I can understand you not wanting to upload it again. But yeah... knowing that it's translated that far makes me really wish they'd push the release date earlier. I'm enjoying the JP version but I really want to play with my friends who are waiting for the US one too.

From what you saw, was the writing okay? All I can to think to ask about it. XD
    Last edited by Evila; Jul 7, 2009 at 07:58 AM.

The font was a little blurry, but overall it was well translated.

And by the way, the dragon was named "RayBurn". I remember Espiokaos wondering if Sega America would make a kind of pun with wyvern. Well, they did not. All names were taken directly from the japanese version otherwise, like "Guhracia Valley" and all.

As for the weapons, "Seiba" was translated "Saber", and "Saberu" "Sabre" (French for saber). Those with an "Ain" were translated "Ein", and "Aian" "Iron".

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

Out of curiosity, what are the NPC names? I'm kind of hoping they didn't change Sarisa. I liked that name, and Salisa or something of that sort just doesn't have the right ring to it.
    PSO
    Shalo the HUnewearl, GC, level 151

PSU
    Furrypaws the Beast, PC/PS2, Level 79, WT10

Hmm, yeah, I'm also hoping they kept the name Sarisa. Also... well... I liked Makenai Kokoro... =/

Even so, it'll be nice to be able to play this game in English. Having to guess what each item is REALLY isn't fun.