Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Very nice Ceresa. I want to see some Time Attack runs from your masterforce! PLZZZZZZ!!!~~~

Hhahahaha... gotta level the gi-techs now.

Out of curiosity, is the cast rate bonus of MF larger than that of AT?
    Coming Soon!

That kinda makes me want to play as a force again....almost.

Signature by Gama

Haha, WT is win. And after supplement... *drools*

Hello uber-bows. Hello massive stat gains. Hello tech boosts.
    Coming Soon!

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Haha, WT is win. And after supplement... *drools*

Hello uber-bows. Hello massive stat gains. Hello tech boosts.

Level 30 max Longbow bullets will kill the weapon on the WT. As for technics, it will take a lot more than a Gi- tech casting rate increase to make them useful, especially on a WT. The truth hurts and the only types that will benefit from this are MF, FT and possibly AT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    Level 30 max Longbow bullets will kill the weapon on the WT. As for technics, it will take a lot more than a Gi- tech casting rate increase to make them useful, especially on a WT. The truth hurts and the only types that will benefit from this are MF, FT and possibly AT.
    if AT benefits from it why wouldn't WT i think they'll have a similar amount of tp so the difference would mainly be on the weapons and speed boost AT has.
    I ran from the grove maybe 1 day I'll go back.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by Africa View Post
    if AT benefits from it why wouldn't WT i think they'll have a similar amount of tp so the difference would mainly be on the weapons and speed boost AT has.
    It is more than just the inherent casting speed bonus. Don't forget that a TCSM casts faster than a wand (even the video showed as much using Gizonde). As a result the AT is the only non-master type that has access to S-rank TCSMs. Even if the WT gets enough TP to match an AT (which they don't) they still have to either resort to using an A-rank TCSM or using a slower casting S-rank wand. In this case, two negatives do not make a positive.

Thankfully PSU is set on easy mode so you can play any type you want without much trouble. Just don't expect much from a WT pre or post supplemental update as the low PA caps and limited S-rank weapon selection pretty much ruined this type; things that are not getting fixed in the supplemental update.
    Last edited by Hiero_Glyph; Jul 11, 2009 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    It is more than just the inherent casting speed bonus. Don't forget that a TCSM casts faster than a wand (even the video showed as much using Gizonde). As a result the AT is the only non-master type that has access to S-rank TCSMs. Even if the WT gets enough TP to match an AT (which they don't) they still have to either resort to using an A-rank TCSM or using a slower casting S-rank wand. In this case, two negatives do not make a positive.

Thankfully PSU is set on easy mode so you can play any type you want without much trouble. Just don't expect much from a WT pre or post supplemental update are the low PA caps and limited S-rank weapon selection pretty much ruined this type; things that are not getting fixed in the supplemental update.
    The limited S-Rank selection, I can agree with. However, you can fix the "low PA cap" thing, at least in the realm of melee and techs by making use of the PA lv + and the tech cap boosting one (forget what it's called). I don't mention bullets because "upgrading" to level 30 bullets isn't a very good use of the points unless you're on something like AT, where you're already "fulfilling" your "expected" role by throwing out buffs, and any damage you contribute is considered a bonus. (That, and Twin Handguns benefit disproportionately well from going 21-30. >_>)

The cap increases let you somewhat offset WT's biggest design flaw by allowing you to specialize. Sure, you can't max "everything"...but level 40 whip/spear can cover most situations you'll ever run into. If you're a Newman or Human, you can throw in Knuckle and...whatever else, really. Maybe Twin Claw or something.

It won't be as broken as a Master class, but Master classes are passing the threshold necessary to dominate the game even now, before the supplemental.

For what it's worth, a Newman WT will have more TP than a Newman AT, before equipment. The difference in TP mod between the two classes is only 2%. Newmen get a 3% boost on stats as WT and 0% boost on AT.

Still can't make up the weapon TP difference (as S-rank TCSMs are one of the only weapon types that honestly outdo their A-rank counterparts in any significant form) or the casting speed difference. With that said...I don't think Gi-techs'll be worth using on AT with this (let alone WT) unless that range+ thing is a significant increase.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    The limited S-Rank selection, I can agree with. However, you can fix the "low PA cap" thing, at least in the realm of melee and techs by making use of the PA lv + and the tech cap boosting one (forget what it's called). I don't mention bullets because "upgrading" to level 30 bullets isn't a very good use of the points unless you're on something like AT, where you're already "fulfilling" your "expected" role by throwing out buffs, and any damage you contribute is considered a bonus. (That, and Twin Handguns benefit disproportionately well from going 21-30. >_>)

The cap increases let you somewhat offset WT's biggest design flaw by allowing you to specialize. Sure, you can't max "everything"...but level 40 whip/spear can cover most situations you'll ever run into. If you're a Newman or Human, you can throw in Knuckle and...whatever else, really. Maybe Twin Claw or something.

It won't be as broken as a Master class, but Master classes are passing the threshold necessary to dominate the game even now, before the supplemental.

For what it's worth, a Newman WT will have more TP than a Newman AT, before equipment. The difference in TP mod between the two classes is only 2%. Newmen get a 3% boost on stats as WT and 0% boost on AT.

Still can't make up the weapon TP difference (as S-rank TCSMs are one of the only weapon types that honestly outdo their A-rank counterparts in any significant form) or the casting speed difference. With that said...I don't think Gi-techs'll be worth using on AT with this (let alone WT) unless that range+ thing is a significant increase.
    I pretty much agree. The issue is not with the level of the technic, as it can be increased via PA Lvl+, but with the fact that not even a level 40 Gi- tech will do much for the WT. The only reason the AT will outshine the WT is due to the level 50 support and S-rank TCSMs, two things that provide specialization for the type.

I was also aware that a Newman can attain a higher TP rating as a WT than an AT, but that is only via the bonus. Also, a Newman WT is normally on its way to unlocking MF and nothing more. What is worse is that even with level 40 technics, the level 40 striking will deal more significant damage with few exceptions.

The positive to all of this is that a Newman MF is pretty much impossible for the /R missions so the alternatives are an AT, FT or WT. Of all three types, only the WT has a decent amount of DFP that allows for better A-rank armor or possibly even S-rank armor (if you use DFP+). I do think that the WT will make a great type for these /R missions, but for anything else they will remain one of the most ineffective types in PSU.

First off, with the supplement, WT and AT should have roughly the same TP mod. So it becomes equipment. And, while yes S-ranks have higher base stats, A-ranks are cheaper and easier to grind, which someone nullifies that. (At the moment, 5/10 is a certainty with A-ranks, for instance)

Secondly, WT can easily up bow PA level to get 31+. They already have access to full combos of melee weaponry. They can buff, and it only takes a single slot to get 31+ buffs. (Obviously, only level 32, but as with bows, its getting 31 that counts) Naturally, none of the melee competition has that, which significantly makes up for the stat issues. (Also, post-supplement, the WT ATP mod should be roughly where FI is now. I think. There was one stat that didn't go up by around 20%, but I think that was HP or something)

Honestly, increasing most of the level 20 stat mods by ~20% with the supplement should make WT solid. You get 10 slots you can use for PA lvl+, and you have plenty of choices there. (Theoretically, you could get level 31 offense/support techs, 31 bow, and still have 3 slots left for melee or stats or something.)

Who was saying WT can't use gi-techs, anyways? The flinch time is already long enough to get the next shot off.

Personally, I think we need someone who plays on the JP server to answer this though.

For convenience: http://psupedia.info/AOTI_supplemental_update

Btw, why would they make Vivi Danga's insane second hit... stronger?
    Last edited by Randomness; Jul 12, 2009 at 12:13 AM.
    Coming Soon!