Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Secondly, WT can easily up bow PA level to get 31+. They already have access to full combos of melee weaponry. They can buff, and it only takes a single slot to get 31+ buffs. (Obviously, only level 32, but as with bows, its getting 31 that counts) Naturally, none of the melee competition has that, which significantly makes up for the stat issues. (Also, post-supplement, the WT ATP mod should be roughly where FI is now. I think. There was one stat that didn't go up by around 20%, but I think that was HP or something)

Honestly, increasing most of the level 20 stat mods by ~20% with the supplement should make WT solid. You get 10 slots you can use for PA lvl+, and you have plenty of choices there. (Theoretically, you could get level 31 offense/support techs, 31 bow, and still have 3 slots left for melee or stats or something.)
    From what I read awhile ago. The Support PA+ thing is only for MF. WT will not be able to get there support techs pass Lv30 after the supplement update.
    PC/PS2:
    Dafny ~ 160/20 Newman MF/AT

Quote Originally Posted by cwTopCat View Post
    From what I read awhile ago. The Support PA+ thing is only for MF. WT will not be able to get there support techs pass Lv30 after the supplement update.
    Fire TECHNIC LV+
    Ice TECHNIC LV+
    Lightning TECHNIC LV+
    Ground TECHNIC LV+
    Light TECHNIC LV+
    Dark TECHNIC LV+

Increases target TECHNIC category level cap by two levels.
    Up to ten levels.
    Cannot be used by Masterforce.

Source: http://psupedia.info/GAS
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Best & Only ForteTecher God_Shiden's Avatar

Looking foward to lv42+ Techs on my FT.....
    Shiden Lv.160 FT, Takou Lv.63 FF
    Blogsrus.org (new site) be first to help get it up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    The positive to all of this is that a Newman MF is pretty much impossible for the /R missions so the alternatives are an AT, FT or WT.
    Actually both Midori and Ceresa played /R missions as armorless MFs :P
    If you must have armor, FT is still better than the others unless you have to melee stuff, but you should be leaving that to the hunters anyway.

First off, with the supplement, WT and AT should have roughly the same TP mod. So it becomes equipment. And, while yes S-ranks have higher base stats, A-ranks are cheaper and easier to grind, which someone nullifies that. (At the moment, 5/10 is a certainty with A-ranks, for instance)
    -ATs have faster casting speed than WT.
    -Full Custom Power adds +10% to your weapons stat, you'd definately *want* to be able to equip S rank madoogs.
    -Pushan+10's are already common place thanks to grind boost events.
    -GC mission is always an option for those people who haven't gotten their stuff to +10 yet.

You get 10 slots you can use for PA lvl+, and you have plenty of choices there. (Theoretically, you could get level 31 offense/support techs, 31 bow, and still have 3 slots left for melee or stats or something.)
    -Slots vary between races, it is not a simple 10 slots.
    -It's impossible to have a WT with lvl 31+ support techs.
    -Tech PALV+ is seperate from the melee/ranged PALV+s (why do people keep thinking they're the same?) :P

Who was saying WT can't use gi-techs, anyways? The flinch time is already long enough to get the next shot off.
    Sure you can! Their rate of fire just won't be as high.
    Last edited by FOnewearl-Lina; Jul 12, 2009 at 04:58 AM.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Another thing, WT can't get lvl 31+ bows.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Another thing, WT can't get lvl 31+ bows.
    Exactly. You can only raise a specific category by 10 levels. Thats it.

Like WT can raise their bows from 20-30. And Any melee from 30-40, but not 50.

I guess people didn't look at the GAS update and look at the increases that can be exchanged for whatever class type you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    The positive to all of this is that a Newman MF is pretty much impossible for the /R missions so the alternatives are an AT, FT or WT. Of all three types, only the WT has a decent amount of DFP that allows for better A-rank armor or possibly even S-rank armor (if you use DFP+). I do think that the WT will make a great type for these /R missions, but for anything else they will remain one of the most ineffective types in PSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Actually both Midori and Ceresa played /R missions as armorless MFs :P
    If you must have armor, FT is still better than the others unless you have to melee stuff, but you should be leaving that to the hunters anyway.
    teehee

Solo De Ragan/R time!

Spoiler!

I'm sure I can go faster but throwing away Secret Action lewtz is a waste, so I just did one skipping it.

Armor is a crutch, lack of speed units has a workaround.
    Last edited by Ceresa; Jul 12, 2009 at 01:03 PM.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

First off, with the supplement, WT and AT should have roughly the same TP mod. So it becomes equipment. And, while yes S-ranks have higher base stats, A-ranks are cheaper and easier to grind, which someone nullifies that. (At the moment, 5/10 is a certainty with A-ranks, for instance)

Secondly, WT can easily up bow PA level to get 31+. They already have access to full combos of melee weaponry. They can buff, and it only takes a single slot to get 31+ buffs. (Obviously, only level 32, but as with bows, its getting 31 that counts) Naturally, none of the melee competition has that, which significantly makes up for the stat issues. (Also, post-supplement, the WT ATP mod should be roughly where FI is now. I think. There was one stat that didn't go up by around 20%, but I think that was HP or something)

Honestly, increasing most of the level 20 stat mods by ~20% with the supplement should make WT solid. You get 10 slots you can use for PA lvl+, and you have plenty of choices there. (Theoretically, you could get level 31 offense/support techs, 31 bow, and still have 3 slots left for melee or stats or something.)

Who was saying WT can't use gi-techs, anyways? The flinch time is already long enough to get the next shot off.

Personally, I think we need someone who plays on the JP server to answer this though.

For convenience: http://psupedia.info/AOTI_supplemental_update

Btw, why would they make Vivi Danga's insane second hit... stronger?
    I was going to comment on your post but you already got pwned by Lina. You may actually want to read the link that you posted as most of the information you wrote is incorrect. To recap, PA Lvl+ is capped at +10 of the current level, so a WT can never exceed level 30 bullets. Also, only the MF has access to Support+ so again the WT is limited to support at level 30. As for the rest, A-ranks fail compared to S-ranks and the WT barely has any S-rank weapons of note.

If you enjoy the type then play it, but please stop trying to make it sound like the WT will actually become good.
    Last edited by Hiero_Glyph; Jul 12, 2009 at 09:01 PM.

So cruel... At least WT is getting an upgrade.
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.