Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good place to farm Primitive Moat. Idol?

I know some of the Moatoob missions drop it from the normal boxes scattered throughout the mission, but is there any particular mission that has the most boxes that would be a good place to farm the Idols? I'm doing this for the Voloyal Sets btw. Diads and the Carapaces are easy, but the Idols are giving me problems.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

I wish I knew too, though I found the color scheme I wanted for 2mil. A friend of mine wants a color scheme that isn't for sale and Idols priced insanely last I checked.

What I want to know is, why the hell did Segac remove the synthesis board from the Moatoob shop that allowed you to make these things easily in the first place? =/

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

My advice here is to think back to the very first days of PSU and the first mission that was released..I been with PSU from the start, but I havent the slightest clue as to what the very first moatoob mission was. Anyway, I would try there on a lower rank.
    PSU - Xbox 360 - QuickSilver 159 Human Fighmaster, Synergy 145 Cast Gunmaster
    Howzers Killed: 3
    Theres no comfort in the truth, pain is all you'll find...

According to ye olde PSUPedia:

Story missions- Valley of Suspicion 1 & 2, Restorations 1

Free missions- Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, Tunnel Recapture, Desert Goliath, Rogues' Shortcut

Party missions- Bruce's Dungeon

They're all special drops of those areas, so there's no indication if any one is particularly better... but if you ask me, farming story missions is strictly for masochists.
    =Smidge=

When you have set maps for story missions, it makes finding the items a bit easier. I used to farm Spicia in 2nd story mission, since there was a container or 2 that 50% of time had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidge204 View Post
    According to ye olde PSUPedia:

Story missions- Valley of Suspicion 1 & 2, Restorations 1

Free missions- Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, Tunnel Recapture, Desert Goliath, Rogues' Shortcut

Party missions- Bruce's Dungeon

They're all special drops of those areas, so there's no indication if any one is particularly better... but if you ask me, farming story missions is strictly for masochists.
    =Smidge=
    Well, I already knew this. I was just hoping I could narrow my search. And one may be better than the other if it has more boxes. I'm just trying to figure out which one would give me the most shots at it, but I don't feel like running all over Moatoob trying to find out. I was hoping someone else would know that's had experience farming these, but it doesn't look like a lot of people are actively searching for these.

And yeah Tet, I was pissed when I found out I couldn't make them anymore. It'd make life a lot easier. ._. I'd rather just buy the Voloyal, but the two colors I want are the rare ones, and they either aren't on sale, or are stupidly expensive when they -are- on sale.
    PSO2

Run Desert's End 1. There's a few boxes in the space of a couple of minutes, which can have the Idol.

Also, I've never seen one drop in Galenigare missions; it's always Kugu ones (System Defense, Desert Terror) that drop them for me

But yeah, my advice would be to run Desert's End 1 (just spam the first block).

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Mine Defense - end box, you can skip most mobs and the last block can be skipped entirely except the last mob of Kod Nads. I used to hunt Jao there when Twin Snowy Claw first came out and was fire only.

Thanks Neith and Katy. I'm actually running Mine Defense now and it seems to have a lot of boxes, but I'll try the story mission too and see how that works out. And just to verify, since it's a special drop, difficulty has no bearing on the drop rate, correct?

Update: Desert End's seems to be the winner so far with one Idol found in the first block. And it was on C, so that answered my question. lol
    Last edited by Mikura; Jul 12, 2009 at 07:20 PM.
    PSO2