Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Cool - a new person for the PC servers. Our population just increased 10%!

Anywho, assuming you can actually get online with the few problems going on right now, feel free to drop me a line - either post on the BB in Calsetes' room (do a search for shop by name) or drop by Nuku Nuku's room and leaver her / me your card (as I'm logged in as her until they fix these problems). Since there are several Nuku Nuku's though, just look for the one with the 120k base S'es in her shop - it should be a pretty low account number (like, less than 2000). If I'm AFK, I'm sitting on my bed.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    i was wondering how long does psu keep ur character active?? i've been gone for 9 months from the xbox360 version but if all my stuff is gone and my character's level is gone then im not coming back...does anyone out there know??
    I left for 14 months and everything was as I left it.

Xbox360
    NiceOnes

Aw what the heck its only $10. Look for me on PC/PS2!

-Artek, beast PT/fF

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misstigress View Post
    Don't feel too bad about World of Warcraft -- I just reactivated my PSU subscription after having to endure the latest of Blizzard's shenanigans (and trust me, there have been plenty as of late, such as eradicating the 2v2 bracket in the arena and the authentication/login servers going down for hours at a time nearly every day for over a week, which is not an exaggeration). Oh, but may I be struck by lightning for daring to criticize the godliest of the MMOs in existence! Burn the heathen at the stake!

(And I'm someone who has played WoW since beta, and PSU since day one, so I'm not just a random "newb" who is spewing drivel without actually substantiating it in some manner. My point: PSU is far from perfect; everyone knows this. However, other games, such as WoW, FFXI, etc., are not in a state of perfection, either; and the point I'm attempting to convey is that if you enjoy PSU, you shouldn't have to feel ashamed if you actually enjoy playing it. Also, as I said before, I'm back here again primarily because I grew tired of being greeted every day by Blizzard's authentication server failure (and lo and behold -- PSU's authentication server was down also, as luck would have it).

I personally migrate to wherever I feel I should be (MMO-wise) in order to derive the most enjoyment from my game-play sessions, and I think other players would be more content if they would give themselves a long desired rest when they start to experience "burnout." It IS only a video game, after all. But enough of this philosophical crap -- OP, I will tell you that I, personally, love the myriad additions to the game that AotI included, and no one can give you a definitive answer as to whether or not you'll enjoy it since it would be obviously biased (individual taste varies, after all); however, I can say that PSU is my favorite online game after WoW, and in some areas (remember, this is a SUBJECTIVE statement), I feel that certain aspects of PSU transcend WoW's implementation of the same features (e.g. the plethora of character customization options available; the ability to avoid pick-up groups if necessary, etc.).

Just pay the monthly fee (which is ridiculously cheap in contrast to the price that most MMOs charge), and see for yourself. If you don't like it, it's not as if you lost much in the process. Just remember that if you're not having fun, then it's time to move on to something else.
    It isn't like I love WoW (trust me I don't. Blizzard can not get class balance right if their life depended on it), its just sometimes it seems like if you are an american MMO player, its like you have to play an american made MMO just to get equal treatment when it comes to customer service and updates, instead of trailing behind in every korean/japanese made mmo/online rpg (maple story and blue burst being the biggest offenders). PSU would actually be great if all versions got updated at the exact same time.

But yeah when I get burned out of PSU, I usually take like a month or a couple breaks at a time. Luckily I have xbox live, so I have a lot of others games to kill time in until PSU gets updated again. But whatever MMO comes out, PSU is still the most fun online rpg I've ever played, and I played nearly every MMO out there.

Sometimes, I wish sega would just force the japanese players to upgrade from their PS2s in just get this game on PC or 360. This game would be so much better if it was built ground up for current gen systems, we would have no slowdown which means no tech visual nerfs. We could have all the content on the disk unlocked from the get, and simply get additional missions and such via the hard drive. Hopefully sega makes an expansion soon that is PC/360/ and PS3 compatible, it just might be possible for this game to make a come back if you eliminate the weakest link. I really don't see myself playing any other ORPG besides this game in the future, so I want this game to live =/
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    It isn't like I love WoW (trust me I don't. Blizzard can not get class balance right if their life depended on it), its just sometimes it seems like if you are an american MMO player, its like you have to play an american made MMO just to get equal treatment when it comes to customer service and updates, instead of trailing behind in every korean/japanese made mmo/online rpg (maple story and blue burst being the biggest offenders). PSU would actually be great if all versions got updated at the exact same time.

But yeah when I get burned out of PSU, I usually take like a month or a couple breaks at a time. Luckily I have xbox live, so I have a lot of others games to kill time in until PSU gets updated again. But whatever MMO comes out, PSU is still the most fun online rpg I've ever played, and I played nearly every MMO out there.

Sometimes, I wish sega would just force the japanese players to upgrade from their PS2s in just get this game on PC or 360. This game would be so much better if it was built ground up for current gen systems, we would have no slowdown which means no tech visual nerfs. We could have all the content on the disk unlocked from the get, and simply get additional missions and such via the hard drive. Hopefully sega makes an expansion soon that is PC/360/ and PS3 compatible, it just might be possible for this game to make a come back if you eliminate the weakest link. I really don't see myself playing any other ORPG besides this game in the future, so I want this game to live =/
    I completely agree with you about not receiving equal treatment; it seems as if that isn't changing any time soon, either, so I guess I just take a "sink or swim" approach, meaning I play if I feel like it, and don't when I get too frustrated or burned out altogether. Like you, I love PSU even with its spate of issues, and I want to see its existence continue in some form, so I'll support it until the servers go down indefinitely.

(I'm such a PS addict that I bought V2 of the DC game the day it came out, played Episode 3 twice, imported PSZ, and still play PSO from time to time -- I even bought a PSP just for Phantasy Star Portable, just to show Sega some support for the franchise. If I had it my way, I would like to see every region play on the same server(s) so that we would never fall behind in terms of content updates, although I'm sure that there would be many issues to contend with that I'm unaware of, but one can still dream, right? )
    Last edited by misstigress; Jul 28, 2009 at 05:48 PM.

Welcome back to PSU and enjoy your time back. I personally only renew my account on PSU when events that are worthwhile come out. I've sold my soul to WoW. No MMO type game is perfect, but it's backed by a world renowned company who isn't a former shell of themselves.

If you need help leveling and see a white cast named Triton ask me for some help. I probably have some gear you could have too.
    Chars...

Triton 135 Master of Guns
    the rest of mine just suck

error 60, lol

error 60 sucks Allison_W, Im getting same error :/

Default Former player thinking of returning

Hey PSOWorld

I took a 2 year long break from PSU after my laptop stopped working and I was busy with school. But I have a new computer and no school until October!

Is PSU worth returning to? How many people are playing it now?

im waiting for whats after psu before i join again.