Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

No, 0/0/0/200 is the true mind MAG.

One of the system MAGs doesn't have the 5 DEF to begin with. I don't remember which it is though.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

Yeah, but even if you DID get a 0/0/0/0 System Mag, you still have to put 10 points elsewhere. It's just not possible to get 200 or even 195 of a single stat. If one were to use a System Mag, the best one could get in a single stat would be 190.

I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

The requirement of a Mark 3 mag is that when the mag cell is used, it has to be on a "Mag" (any evolutions and the mag cell won't work).

System mags can't have any PBs. A system mag with PBs is hacked.

The starting mag is always 5/0/0/0, regardless if you find one from a box in an area or the one that you start with on a new character. It's literally impossible to get a 0/0/0/0 mag to begin with unless you cheat (in GC and BB's case).

Raising its MIND to 195 is simply just following a feeding chart for the system mags.

I guess you could say that a 0/0/0/200 is the "true" MIND mag. Except it is illegit (in GC and BB's case).
    Last edited by Splash; Aug 1, 2009 at 05:20 AM.

High pope of the discordians

Actually you can get 186 (could also be 187 i'm not quite sure) Mind offline.

10 feed mag monofluid
    20 deposit mag in bank
    30 take mag from bank
    40 goto 10

Off course on this way you can only feed one item every 5 min. (iirc), so it's not really worth the work.

For some reason the bars are only saved as even numbers when you deposit the mag in bank and monofluid raises def by 5, so you raise the mags def bar only by 4 on this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragrappy99 View Post
    Hah, forgot about this thread..

Anyhow, I started raising it, and the stats are a bit meh.. I think now its 9/0/1/8. DEF goes up with Difluid, so it just sort of went up lots..

I have never purposley raised DEF, since everyone always says it's not worth it. But now ViewtifulJoe is sayings DEF is good...

If I don't make a 50/0/5/45 Nidra, what else would I raise apart from DEF? POW? DEX? I doubt i'll even get very far with this character, so I'm not too bothered about the long term. And yeah, I like how rare mags look and want one of 'em
    "DFP", as a cumulative stat total on your character, isn't bad. More stat points are (almost) never bad. It's not a question of "is raising x stat bad". It's more a question of "in raising x stat, what do I lose that I could've used to raise y stat?" And in most of these discussions, it's forgotten that you do have a "base" DFP stat that will raise with your level, and you'll get at least some DFP from your armor (since you'll want it for unit slots).

DFP only provides a defense against ATP-based physical attacks. Those attacks can also be avoided by staying out of their range, or flinching enemies (like with tech damage) to interrupt them before they can attack you. Those two things should be your first line of defense against physical attacks.

Next is that, as a Force, you have access to Deband and Jellen. After they're level 20 or higher, they'll be more than sufficient to provide enough defense for you. Meaning "about the time you're starting to get past the Forest in Ultimate".

After all those things are taken into account (dodging, interrupting, base DFP, DFP from equips, Jellen and Deband), then you can look at the miniscule effect that the additional DFP from a Mag will provide. Keeping in mind that 5 DFP = 1 less damage taken.

If you're planning out stats, it's heavily dependent on what characters and section IDs you have access to.

"Ideally", I'd suggest something like a 5/0/50/145 Nidra, but you'd need a Blueful, Redria, Viridia or Whitill Fomar/Fonewm for that. It gets you a fast-growing rare mag with plenty of mind and a nice 25 ATA boost. Contrary to popular belief, boosting Dex is more beneficial than boosting Def even on a "pure casting FO's" Mag. The Geist-series and Demon's-series weapons make it so.

Grab a nice Geist-series or Demons's-series Handgun-type and you have either a cheap Fluid extender or a way to make short work of the things that'll be difficult to kill with techs. That additional strategic flexibility is worth far more than taking between 9 and 14 less damage from physicals (which is what adding 45 Def to a mag would get you).

My guess is, you're a Pinkal Fonewm. In that case...I would suggest simply cramming as many fluids down your mags throat as you can, if you just want a "simple" feeding plan.