Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    My alt is a Level 119 Beast Wartecher. I prefer the bow over techs for Jarbas because:

A: You can hit them from a further range. The further you are away from them, the easier it is to dodge the megid AND you don't have to worry about any other attack they have.

B: You get about 2-3 shots off in the time it takes to cast one tech (keep in mind that the majority of time playing this character was pre-TCSMs).

C: Jarbas are tech resistant.
    Ah, I haven't run with my techer in a while (she's only lvl 75 like my WT), so I had forgotten Jarbas are Tech resistant. Good points.

I'm used to my FiGunner and using either twin handguns or going in full bore with claws or double-sabers

D: The status effects for the dark and fire bullets on the bow will really help you take them down quickly
    Which is why I had thought the techs might help as they're a status level higher (4 VS 3 for bow) for WT. Especially Diga as that should prevent them from casting Megid in the first place. Though, maybe not... dunno if Megid is a Jarba spell or ability :P

There is a reason that the Hunter classes were deemed "useless" when everyone was running Sea Lab missions: Meleeing a Jarba is not good for your health (that and "The pre-nerf Mizunas had a VERY high evasion, making them a pain in the ass for fighters!).

Just my OPINION. OP, I agree that you should try all of the suggestions here and see what works best for you.
    Yes, I remember the Mizunas rather not fondly... The jarbas were a pain, but mostly because there weren't many defenses against Megid and there were 4-5 of them all at once, weren't there? I think I was ForteFighter at the time as well, so no nifty twin-handguns to help with the dodging, just Vande Val to hopefully take out as many of them as possible

Alright all u smart people new argument.
    I only use technics I'm almost lvl 10 wartecher and I don't think my character has ever touched a melιe weapon, maybe a handgun but that's it for ranged.
    Knowing this, would anyone agree that I should b a masterforce over
    a fortetecher?

I think that might be a given if you don't even use the melee emphasis of Wartecher.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I think that might be a given if you don't even use the melee emphasis of Wartecher.
    Well I mean I only was a wartech because it's needed for MF, but now I'm hearin fortetecher is better than MF

Well until you get your TECHs to lv40, FT is better since the really advantage MF has over FT is the 41+ TECHs, and if you don't have those even the speed boost isn't enough to put you on equal footing. Well, at least that's how I see it until we eventually get the supplemental update.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 30, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Alright, my friend, who's a bit of a techer enthusiast, gave me this advice should I ever try the techer classes, and it might be something worth considering:

If you try as a Fortetecher, you might have a better chance with staves and rods as opposed to a wand / TCSM combo because as a Fortetecher you have slightly better stats than the Masterforce, and you would want heavy-hitting magic weapons to get the most bang for your buck. As a Masterforce, you want to emphasize the increased speed and the higher-level techs, so you would want to stick with something like a wand / TCSM combo over a rod or staff - you would hit with a little less force, but your cast speed is a lot faster than with a two-handed weapon.

Then again, this is all advice I'm hearing from a friend and passing along without trying it myself (I think my highest tech is a buff at 15 or so, maybe even 21), so take that for what it is. If you're using mostly magic and not melee or ranged that much, then I would say try using Fortetecher, you might end up liking it a lot more. If you want to ease into it, and if you use guns a lot more than melee, then try your hand at Guntecher - it's more than a ranger who can heal.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Well until you get your TECHs to lv40, FT is better since the really advantage MF has over FT is the 41+ TECHs, and if you don't have those even the speed boost isn't enough to put you on equal footing. Well, at least that's how I see it until we eventually get the supplemental update.
    This is the best advice for you. There is really no reason to be a MF until you get your techs to 40. At a lower level, I would recommend FT over MF for the increase in HP alone, not to mention any of the other advantages. Once you cap FT and get some of your techs to 40, you may want to consider switching to MF and seeing how it works for you.

Remember that MF doesn't replace FT, it's just a different class.