Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Will Sega make a good Phantasy Star after PSU?

i severely have my doubts as almost all new games copy each other and dont even try. it seems that most people will either ignore it or play with a plastered grin on their face no matter how bad it is.

From what i see, it seems like ST intentionally try to destroy the Phantasy Star serie.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I'm HOPING they make an awesome solid stand-alone, no online gameplay added, no strange awkward action-based battle system main storyline sequel and call it Phantasy Star 5. Seriously, just give me a party of 4 or 5 guys, turn-based combat, maybe some of those combo attack/tech/skills from PS4, and some friggin' vehicles to cruise around multiple planets in. Oh, and anime cutscenes - CG looks cool and all, but classic PS needs animation in my opinion to really stand out and apart from the online ones.

Then again, the odds of this happening are somewhere between "snowball's chance in hell" and "ending every online debate about pirates and ninjas." So sometime in 4260 AD.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

My dream is that they will make the next online game with some of the best aspects of PSU and the upcoming PSzero with more references to PSO with the option of having a 'console' in your room and the ability to collect side games with hidden prizes to use in the main game. That way you could sit in your room and possibly play Phantasy Star 1 and more..

but yeah, this won't be the last Online Phantasy Star..it's just a question of when they will make the commitment to design a next generation game...if they aren't already
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

PSO Assassin

when i look at all those H outfits for female chars, like 3 dfferent swimwears, the voloyal set or the upcoming bath towel, considering the fact that the next PSO-game will definatelly not come out on a almost 10 year old PS2, but for a powerful machine (360/PS3/PC) with excellent graphics.. well, i have good hopes the game will be good even if the gameplay sucks

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by DuRaL View Post
    when i look at all those H outfits for female chars, like 3 dfferent swimwears, the voloyal set or the upcoming bath towel, considering the fact that the next PSO-game will definatelly not come out on a almost 10 year old PS2, but for a powerful machine (360/PS3/PC) with excellent graphics.. well, i have good hopes the game will be good even if the gameplay sucks

The SMART move would be to start developing the game for the NEXT generation of hardware, not the current generation.

Also, Sega should take note of the amount of people STILL playing on the 360 in the US (despite all of their screwups!). The smart move for them would be to make the next iteration of PSO Console Only. A simplified, casual Online RPG like this really can't compete in the PC market as there are PLENTY of other and more "hardcore" MMORPGS for the PC. Making it console only would allow them to engineer the game to fit just for the next Sony and MS consoles and not have to worry about fitting it in for the PC AND it would be really the only game of it's kind on the console system so there would be little to no competition, as opposed to the PC where it's a really small fish in a very big pond.

Yes I believe they will when they're ready.
    Power is not how hard you hit it's controolling the things around your make you an indestructible vesal now that's true power- Lance Storm

Doubt they will make a good 1, all of sega's games seem to be getting slightly worse with each update/sequel.
    I'm sure the next 1 will be on the wii.

Idc tbh i might try it but ill be to busy with TOR.
    Martial arts Tricking. Tricks lol. http://www.youtube.com/user/Vellusta

I predict Phantasy Star V after so many years.

And it will be God-tier excellence, just to throw more people for a loop.