Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    It's been tested. Inazuma tested this and the Pushan was better. I'll see if I can find the link to the test he made.

EDIT: found the link http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=260978

it's a comparison of MF vs. FT but u can see the damage difference between a Pushan and Pwand.

Interesting numbers and thanks for the link! While I'm not disputing the numbers nor the validity of the person who tested and posted them, I would like to perform my own tests as there is no way I would ever just rely on one person's test.

I mean, there was no mention of the PWand having all dark techs mapped to it (which would boost the damage) nor was there an explanation of how DPS was calculated (did this person add up the damage over 10 seconds and divide by 10? Did they add up the damage over a minute and divide by 60?) Also, this person listed some exception notes at the end of this post AND this test was primarily to test the speed of a MF vs. the power of a FT and not to test PWand v Tech-Mag.

Again, I'm not disputing the numbers but I'd like to perform some tests of my own where I can control the conditions! For instance, a Pwand with four like elements assigned vs. a Pushan with 2 like elements assigned.

Another factor to take into consideration is inventory space. In order to assign 20 different techs, I can either carry 5 Rods or 10 Tech-Mags.

Also, with my play style, I like to have pretty much all of my techs to be readily available to me at all times. Just counting Tech-Mags, I can only have 12 techs ready vs. 24 total available with rods.

I hypothesize that I will find Rods are best in certain situations and Tech-Mags in other situations. The PP on Tech-Mags is a real turn off though!

Thanks for all your help.

If there's any problem I have with the majority of FM I see, it's not that they spam Majarra and Jabroga and nothing else, it's that they spam Tornado Dance ahead to the next room while everyone else who's -not- Fighmaster has to run and get to there just as the last enemy dies. It's inconsiderate and it happens all the time.

Character ID: 中原小麦

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    Interesting numbers and thanks for the link! While I'm not disputing the numbers nor the validity of the person who tested and posted them, I would like to perform my own tests as there is no way I would ever just rely on one person's test.

I mean, there was no mention of the PWand having all dark techs mapped to it (which would boost the damage) nor was there an explanation of how DPS was calculated (did this person add up the damage over 10 seconds and divide by 10? Did they add up the damage over a minute and divide by 60?) Also, this person listed some exception notes at the end of this post AND this test was primarily to test the speed of a MF vs. the power of a FT and not to test PWand v Tech-Mag.

Again, I'm not disputing the numbers but I'd like to perform some tests of my own where I can control the conditions! For instance, a Pwand with four like elements assigned vs. a Pushan with 2 like elements assigned.

Another factor to take into consideration is inventory space. In order to assign 20 different techs, I can either carry 5 Rods or 10 Tech-Mags.

Also, with my play style, I like to have pretty much all of my techs to be readily available to me at all times. Just counting Tech-Mags, I can only have 12 techs ready vs. 24 total available with rods.

I hypothesize that I will find Rods are best in certain situations and Tech-Mags in other situations. The PP on Tech-Mags is a real turn off though!

Thanks for all your help.
    np I just did a test with 9/9 Psycho and 9/9 Pushan. Both weaps took 2 casts to kill a lvl160 Ice Sageeta( both were elemented)and used a lvl50 Foie on them. In the end, the Pushan would kill it faster since u can cast faster.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

I must state that I think Gunmaster is pretty easy as well. In the durration of the carnival, I capped a new charecter and got to lvl 20 gunmaster. All lazer PA were 41+. Most shottie PA 41+. and 2 rifle PA were 41+. (Starting off with lvl 1 PA)

The new gunmaster that I made in the carnival easily trumped my masterforce that I have been working on since before Firebreak >_>. But I will agree that GM is harder than FM. However, to have uber weapons for FM is a cajillionbillion times harder than GM.

I was told by a few people that lvling lasers was just as hard as lvling barta and zonde. I can tell you now LOL NOT TRUE AT ALL!!! Rifle PA do take a while though. Its like lvling a tech.

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    np I just did a test with 9/9 Psycho and 9/9 Pushan. Both weaps took 2 casts to kill a lvl160 Ice Sageeta( both were elemented)and used a lvl50 Foie on them. In the end, the Pushan would kill it faster since u can cast faster.
    I'm not saying Pushans aren't better than PWs for ra-techs. They are better imo actually, but that test doesn't prove anything.

Say you were doing 2k dmg per rafoie on the ice sageeta with a pushan. Lets also say you were doing 2.5k dmg with a PW against that same enemy using rafoei also. Lets now assume that the sageeta has roughly 3.5k hp. It would take easily 2 PW casts of rafoie to finish off that sageeta easily and barely killed it with the pushan using rafoei. Of course the pushan is faster to kill it since it casts faster.

Now lets take a tougher enemy with more health. Lets use a simple light sageeta at WB, which probably has about 9k HP if I were to guess. Now it would take 5 casts with a pushan and 4 casts with a PW.

See what I'm saying? I'm agreeing with you that pushan is definitely faster to kill enemies with ra-techs then a PW, but your test was a little one sided due to the fact that usually pushan and PWs don't kill the same enemies in the same number of hits.
    Xbox 360 - IFI HATERZ IUI
    Knight - 160 Cast GM-20 [Main]
    Angelo - 160 Beast GM-1 too lazy to level GM xp
    Remiel - 30ish... FT-1 who cares

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTheBurninator View Post
    You're a horrible fighmaster. (Just kidding :3)

But in all seriousness - I love the class. My 4 favorite weapons, plus a speed boost? Hot!

i love this gurl

Quote Originally Posted by syouz View Post
    i love this gurl
    And I love this "gurl"

Nothing is wrong with FM as a class. It's just too many players abuse and misuse it. Every online game has a particular job or class that's like that. PSU is no different. In FFXI, DRK attracted a lot of noobs, and from what I understand in WoW, Paladin does the same thing. Here, it seems FM falls in that category. But that's no reason to hate the class.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

Personally, for having wrapped up Fighmaster months ago (capped all PAs), I would basically play it fair-- in the sense that I asked if my party minded me using some specific PAs at the beginning of the mission (notably, Jabroga, Majarra and Tornado Dance; if I was refused, I'd switch PAs to something else or just not spam the weapon type, depending on the situation). It's what I saw so many other FMs spam out exclusively and it was pretty annoying to me AS a FM myself, for spreading things all over the place. Keep enemies in one spot-- it's more fun for the entire party as they can just keep bashing them and thus wind up killing them faster. Oh, and depending on the situation-- let others tag maybe? Just saying.
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by KuroShinnen View Post

Now lets take a tougher enemy with more health. Lets use a simple light sageeta at WB, which probably has about 9k HP if I were to guess. Now it would take 5 casts with a pushan and 4 casts with a PW.
    Yes, but the argument is that the Tech-mag casts the Tech faster thus 5 casts with a Pushan is faster than or equal to 4 casts with a PW. It is pure DPS or "How can I kill this thing the fastest".

I think my main problem with the Tech-mag is only being able to have two techs on it. I like to use my full pallette of techs. For example, if fighting a group of fire creatures, I would start them out with Barta if they are in a straight line or Rabarta if standing abreast then as they all get closer, I would start Dambarta unless a few get behind or to the sides of me, which I would then use Gibarta. Having all four of those techs on the same powerful rod is much easier than just putting two on a Tech-mag and "making do".