View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the new S3 Missions?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Update

3 2.86%
  • It Gives Me Something to Do

28 26.67%
  • Average

18 17.14%
  • *Yawn* Wake me up in 3 Weeks

56 53.33%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default What do you think of the new S3 missions?

As the topic title suggests, what do you think of the new S3 missions? Are they a nice update? Do you think they are challenging (in as much as PSU can be challenging)? Have you had any luck with item drops?

I did a couple of laps yesterday and was fairly satisfied with the jump in difficulty from the S2 missions. The solo battle I had as a Master Force with Dimmagolus was too time-consuming for my tastes though.

I only had time for a lap yesterday...and I think it's safe to say the only thing I'm not going to like about it are the robots, as I've been focusing on my fighter lately. >:(

But overall I'm excited that we finally have S3 missions. Having the older missions with higher level enemies brings a lot more variety to the table.

I haven´t bothered, but the idea is nice.
    I hope ST expands to more S3 variants soon.

Maybe, i will get back then.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

The change in missions is amazingly fun. Some of them I havn't played in yeards. I like the wide open missions for a change. They are not difficult enough, however. Its sad to say that SEGAC isn't going to release end-game content and missions for years...

S3's...
    theyre waaay too easy...
    waaay too boring...
    and with it being a GBR... ill be able to get anything 'rare' that drops from them in a few days for 100k...

as for the people running s2's and below right now... LOL xD...
    people are just following the pack...
    why would anyone want to run missions with sub-par everything... where all the rares were ruined by the last GBR there...

if these people really needed white beast, theyd be doing it now...

...no...

they just follow the herd wherever it may go... :/

Well playing as my character that barely meets the requirements, its quite challenging but with my higher characters its kinda meh. No good drops for me yet, but not fretting over it.

Signature by Gama

its "meh"...

it's simply an S2 mission if compared to AoI S2 missions. Ad the drops? also "meh"...
    oh yeah...I hate Moatoob.

I've ran through it once and I'm already bored of it. Instead of running the GBR, I'm going to take advantage of the 3* luck period and hunt Vijeri / Resist's all day and all night for 3 weeks.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

If they were released earlier then they would have been...ok at best. Right now they are pretty horrible but better late than never I guess. Drops overall are either pretty much garbage or obsolete now. Maybe 1 or 2 things to get excited about but not enough to really make me care to log on much nowadays.

*back to BlazBlue*

The missions themselves are decent enough, v1 always had way more interesting missions than AoI.

However, even after just one day, I'm not sure I can see the point in doing full GBR laps when so little stuff drops of interest. I don't play Figh or GT, so Deathrain/Simba aren't things I want.

As for the challenge, I thought Rogues' Shortcut and Desert Terror were easy enough (as Newman FM). Stolen Weapon wasn't too bad, although I did have a good Protranser in the team who took care of the problem spawns. Desert Goliath though....ugh. I love the boss fight (Magas is awesome, great fun), but the Seeker/Tirentos robots are a pain when their missiles follow you for so long. I tried solo as a MF (thinking she'd take care of the bots easily), and it was really annoying. Block 2 was even worse once I started getting Special Ops (Assault) showing up.

Overall, it's a disappointing GBR. While it does give me something to do (and running v1 missions again is nice), it would have been so much more interesting if Desert Stronghold had been added or indeed if there were any worthwhile drops for people who don't play Figh/GT. (And no, Lumirus/Power Charge does NOT count as worthwhile).

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)