Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I honestly wished I bought a 360 instead of a PS3. The main reason why I shyed away from the 360 was due to RRoD. But then I heard people get that because they play it constantly, and don't keep the room cool. I hardly play my PS3 and, at times, my room either becomes "nippy" or "Ice Box" cold. But I know if I did have a 360 I'd either be playin PSU, Fable 2, GoW2, Halo 3, CoD4, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, or Final Fantasy 11 (if I feel like a COMPLETE AND UTTER DUNCE).

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deso123 View Post
    Is this true?

and that economical argument is so lame BTW. PC is always cheaper than a scambox. the whole point of a scambox is to leech off of you.
    Prime example right here. This just goes to show you, neither platform has that "holier than thou" community nonsense that certain users always be blabbering about.

Like someone said "No matter what the platform, douchebags all around".

And yeah, I don't know what you meant by that statement, but its certainly "true" online gaming is the most amazing thing in the world with great friends, common sense 101.

Playing gears of war 2 with all randoms, that experience is going to be god awful. Play something like left 4 dead with all friends, damn near best zombie experience ever.
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    Prime example right here. This just goes to show you, neither platform has that "holier than thou" community nonsense that certain users always be blabbering about.

Like someone said "No matter what the platform, douchebags all around".

And yeah, I don't know what you meant by that statement, but its certainly "true" online gaming is the most amazing thing in the world with great friends, common sense 101.

Playing gears of war 2 with all randoms, that experience is going to be god awful. Play something like left 4 dead with all friends, damn near best zombie experience ever.
    casual games are inherently boring so yes the chips and dip argument is true as stated by elpresador regarding the 360 community. garbage games need special attention from "friends" to be even worth picking up at all... unlike psobb and older games... but elpresador is a tool so the ps3 isnt any different with their games because they arent any better AND arent popular party games so they tend to be for loners. and yes im a dick. most things in life suck. as a matter of fact every time i played psobb with friends it was nothing but a burden because they want to use your items and typically arent up to par with your status in the game so its like dragging dead ignorant weight around always complaining about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Syamemaru! View Post
    I honestly wished I bought a 360 instead of a PS3. The main reason why I shyed away from the 360 was due to RRoD. But then I heard people get that because they play it constantly, and don't keep the room cool. I hardly play my PS3 and, at times, my room either becomes "nippy" or "Ice Box" cold. But I know if I did have a 360 I'd either be playin PSU, Fable 2, GoW2, Halo 3, CoD4, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, or Final Fantasy 11 (if I feel like a COMPLETE AND UTTER DUNCE).
    Yeah I regret owning a PS3 as well. Should have just stuck to PC. PS3 just has a massive list of generic adventure games coming out that everyone is praising like it's so awesome but as soon as they play through 'em there is no reason at all to talk about them again. it's a total joke of a system really. the rest of the games are cross platform ports that i have no interest in playing because they are last gen games with slightly better graphics. i need to just look for the games with lasting appeal like i used to instead of listening to lames on the internet praising garbage.
    Last edited by deso123; Aug 10, 2009 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syamemaru! View Post
    Yeah, most people that has their 360 rrod on them kept it on a carpet, something you shouldn't do with any console. If you keep it on a hard surface like on a dresser or anything made out of wood, it will last you a long time. I'm on my 3rd 360, first one the dvd drive, but microsoft fixed it for free anyway, then 2nd one RROD'd. Currently on my 3rd from last year october, so far I have no problems with it.

But yeah when PSU is in it's down time with updates and such, there is a lot of games to alternate with to keep you occupied. I'm usually always playing king of fighters 98UM, mark of the wolves, left4dead, gears 2, blazblue, marvel vs capcom 2, ninja turtles in time, and sometimes marvel ultimate alliance. But yeah if you have good friends, left 4 dead is amazing, you might get annoyed playing with randoms sometimes though.

For me it usually goes 360=every online game I own, rpgs like tales of vesperia, star ocean 4 etc or exclusives like dead rising

PS3=offline exclusive stuff and blue ray movies, and Wii=smash brothers and mario kart wii. (I haven't bought a wii game since like tales of symphonia 2 came out, nintendo need to step their game up lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    I saw a lot more of "Leaving XBox360 for PC server" threads in there over the past few weeks than I witnessed the opposite, honestly.

But I don't think people leaving the game got anything to do with the platform. People is leaving because that game have been very badly managed by ST for too long. People leaves PSU on both servers, you're just getting the impression there's a lot more people quitting on PC/PS2 side because their number is already significantly lower, to begin with.

There is a lot more XBox360 just because 360 is a popular system that a lot of people have, thus PSU:AotI is a lot more accessible to those who own a 360.
    Not to add if you want the game to run smoothly at max. settings, you need either a 360 or a top-tier gaming PC. 360 is a lot cheaper than building a gaming PC, and I don't know for other people, but if I was to get me a PC gaming warmachine, I'd have other priorities than playing PSU on it. (Seriously, Guild Wars looks several times better on my crappy laptop than PSU does.)
    Seriously........ For a atart there are many more pc's and ps2's in the world than xbox 360's the reason as we all know for the lack of people on the pc servers is down to the server security and all the hacking that went on, and before people say it happens on the 360 it doesnt and it never has,
    Both servers will lose players over time anyway as this is a older game now and st is really trying to make it last as long as possible.

i had an xbox 360 rrod and i hardly ever played it and it was in a good high up spot on a counter. i got it repaired and then sold it. now i borrow an elite...

PSO Assassin

i'm a 360 player and i have to admit that i often run into jerks that boot you from their party for no reason or when they get a rare spawn.. >_>
    yep, xbox live is full of idiots like that..
    and most parties (on uni1) i join either don't chat at all or only use voice chat, which i don't (but that's my fault then, i guess), and online RPGs without chat are boring as hell..
    those are reasons why i usually play with my (few) friends, because that's when PSU gets fun =)

but then again, it seems that even if 95% of the population on 360 were idiots, noobs & annoying little kids, the remaining 5% still outbeat the total number of players on the PC/PS2 side.. so yeah.. 360 is the place to be (for me)

oh, and i actually enjoy the fact that the 360 version has international servers, so i can play with japanese players! very nice people.. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTheBurninator View Post
    That's not a one sided point of view at all

Yeah, you should definitely go to PC. I've had mine for 2 years, and had it RROD on me once. They fixed it for free, of course.

EDIT: It also only took about 5 days to get there, fixed, and back.
    I assume you meant 360 where ya put PC?

9 broken 360's and waiting for too long says otherwise. Sure they will fix it, that's if it even has the RROD. What about the constant game freezing, disc tray not working, and 360 disk sometimes not reading? These are problems they won't fix.

PS: When I sent my 360 in the first time, it took them 4 weeks before I got mines back. Next was like 2 weeks. For more about this, just look here at my thread..

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166933
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    I assume you meant 360 where ya put PC?

9 broken 360's and waiting for too long says otherwise. Sure they will fix it, that's if it even has the RROD. What about the constant game freezing, disc tray not working, and 360 disk sometimes not reading? These are problems they won't fix.

PS: When I sent my 360 in the first time, it took them 4 weeks before I got mines back. Next was like 2 weeks. For more about this, just look here at my thread..

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166933
    Holy shit 9 360s, are you for real? So, where do you keep your 360 at, in a oven? (P.S. like I said in one of my posts in this thread, they do fix the disk tray thing for free, I should know, thats how my first one died).

Thats crazy though, I'm having a hard time believing the whole 9 360 thing. Even if you sent that crap in 9 times, you should have took a hint around the 4th break down, and flat out trade that thing in at gamestop and just get one of the newer models with a better chip. That thing sound like it was flat out defective to break like 9 times in a row, either that or you use your 360 as a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayburg View Post
    I just bought another month to check out the new GBR.. Lol

Is the population really like.. 20 people? I only saw one group running GBR that wasn't S3, and the few S3s I did see were solo parties.

This game looks hilariously dead. The shop prices are so silly, too. Since when were Kan Yu's given away for 50k..?
    PSU is dead as far as I'm concerned, and Sega has yet to redeem themselves, though I doubt they ever will anytime soon. The S3's don't provide enough challenge in correspondence to our current level cap, and thus are essentially MORE reskinned content. There may be a few pretty "new" *coughunlocked* items that may amuse you for a few days, but it's still just one big zerg rush over and over to me.

I say save your money towards another game. =/

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone