Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Face it. PSU is better than PSO.

PSO was just better during it's time. Aside from PvP (which actually provided little incentive to hack and slash for hours because you could face another player using everything you gained) and the soundtrack, PSU pretty much does everything that PSO did, but better or different. But mostly better.

PSU is too much like PSO and that is mainly the reason why it sucks. A majority of you just haven't realized that yet.
    For the year 2000, PSO was, in a way, groundbreaking. It was the first online console game which was also free to play for quite a while. About 5 years later PSU comes out. Changes are made. Changes that were for the better of course. But still not nearly enough to keep up with what most current gen games offered.
    Still better than PSO though if you compare both side-by-side.

FLAAAAAAAAAAME ON!

Last edited by OrangeTippedGun; Aug 9, 2009 at 10:34 PM.

Oh man, I hope your ready for a Flame War Orange, this is gonna get bad.

I can't judge PSO because I did not play it, but looking at it now, I'm like "why do people like this?"
    But....(Before I get owned by PSO world).....before I played PSU, I was the same way.

PSO probably was great, I just missed out on it.....>.>
    Last edited by Delete; Aug 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Obvious troll thread is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    Oh man, I hope your ready for a Flame War Orange, this is gonna get bad.
    Oh yeah thanks for reminding me. Forgot to add somethin' to mah post.

I was being sort of Sarcastic Jas, I know it's obvious
    Last edited by Delete; Aug 9, 2009 at 10:37 PM.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Insert Something Here zfighter14's Avatar

Well you know that its just what ppl are use to playing. some ppl rather play PSO then PSU. I stand behind AlexCraig when i say this that if ppl wanted to change over to PSU they would. some ppl just like playing PSO more. but really thats just my oppinon. i prefer PSO over PSU. i did/do (sometimes) play PSU. so i can't give a big put down on on PSU. all is oppion. you say PSU is better i say I like PSO more but not saying PSO is better cause PSU does have some advances that PSO doesn't.

In the infinitesimally-small chance that this is not a troll post...do two things for me:

1. Define "better".

2. Somehow change the inherent meaning of the word "different" to always, in all situations, mean "better".

Then you can make this argument in a logical, consistent manner. Until you can do those two things? No dice.

I prefer PSU far, far more. I can't stand to play PSO for more than an hour or so at a time. It's too...clunky.

But there are things in PSO that are done better than in PSU (support techs, I'm looking at you), and things that are different enough from PSU to create an entirely different game experience (min/maxing, mat plans, more varied rare weapons for hunting, etc).

And asking other people who played both (or here, the people who played the PSU demo once, then immediately pulled out the torches and the pitchforks at it being compared to their sacred cow) will get you entirely different, usually entirely-valid answers.

Well, I played the demo of PSU a few times. It was awful. (And yes, I read the post above mine.)

And then I played PSZero for a few hours, and it's almost exactly like PSO. And it was great.

So, yeah.

But the most important thing is there's really no reason why you should have to pay a subscription for a non-persistent online RPG these days. That's why I'll never play PSU.
    Last edited by Outrider; Aug 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM.

Insert Something Here zfighter14's Avatar

I just switch between PSO and PSU. when PSO gets boring i'll play PSU for about half hour maybe then get frustrated. so i'd move on to different games for other systems. then go back to PSO and repeat the process. something about PSU that just makes me frustrated lol

PSU is just butt-fugly compared to the beautiful art and musical direction PSO had. PSU feels like a generic, Japan-centric space RPG whereas PSO felt like something completely original. That, the myriad technical issues, lack of mags, lack of player base, and ridiculously bad synthing system are the reasons I could never have fun with PSU. PSO wasn't perfect, but at least it was something new. PSU just feels like all the worst parts of PSO combined with bad art direction and a billion empty lobbies. And what's up with all the stupid weapon names? Great, another Sorbu Nubgu Gongli. Awesome.

</troll response to troll thread>