Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Slim

Default PS3 Slim

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1015007p1.html

Not really impressed with the look, but it's good for those wanted it cheaper. New price tag will be $299.99. BC is still dead, though that was obvious.

I can't wait for Uncharted 2 along with Heavy Rain, hopefully this move will increase itheir sales. Glad they both will never go multi. :P
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Aug 18, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

eh its not that impressive looking really; I like the fact its smaller and consumes 34% less power but I wont be replacing my 60GB for it.(Ya I payed 600 dollars for a PS3 who cares :P) I'm also a bit dissapointed they didnt add the Backwards Compatability back in.

Akihito 160FM/PT ~~~~~~~~~~Hanami FT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[Retired]

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

I'm impressed with the amount of space they cut off of that thing, and the new price point is just right for me. But alas, the PS3 Slim looks so... dull and lifeless. I'll probably just snap up one of the phat models while I still can.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    I'm impressed with the amount of space they cut off of that thing, and the new price point is just right for me. But alas, the PS3 Slim looks so... dull and lifeless. I'll probably just snap up one of the phat models while I still can.
    That's exactly how I felt about the look of it. It looks so..."budget." I'm sure adding a fancy engraving or something to spice it up won't bring that price tag up too much.

I'm interested though to see how it will fare with this new price tag.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    I can't wait for Uncharted 2 along with Heavy Rain, hopefully this move will increase itheir sales. Glad they both will never go multi. :P
    Never say never...

Anyway, the size reduction is nice, but it certainly isn't enough for me to consider replacing my existing PS3. It does what I need it to do and I don't mind the size. I prefer the glossy finish anyway. Sony filed a patent for an Emotion Engine pure software emulator a few weeks back, so *crosses fingers* maybe Sony will release a firmware update to make all PS3s BC. However, knowing Sony, they will probably just use it to sell old PS2 games on PSN and never release a full blown patch that should be computationally trivial for the "power of Playstation".

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    It looks so..."budget."
    I had the same feeling, and the picture below made me realize why. The finish looks exactly like my mouse pad. D:

The lighting is different, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by amtalx; Aug 18, 2009 at 05:12 PM.

I actually really like the design. I like matte finishes and the black matte will be a nice contrast next to my white 360. I'm really excited about the touch sensitive buttons leaving. I hated those. >>

I'll be getting this for sure. I have a 20GB launch unit, which doesn't have Wi-Fi so I've been without Internet on my PS3 for three years . Now I can get FFXIV on PS3 instead of building a gaming rig. My old 20GB is going to make a wonderful blu-ray player for my brother.
    Last edited by joefro; Aug 18, 2009 at 05:11 PM.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

I really like the gloss(shine) look of the original, the slim looks like it uses the same plastic exterior as the PS2 which is dull. The PS3 font even looks like what the PS2 slim had
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

I kinda like the look I got both 360 & PS3 on the first day that they launched I must say that I only keep my PS3 connected simply because the 360 takes up so much space, and now with this PS3 slim atleast for those considering a PS3 space will no longer be a issue.

Going to buy this day one. Sold my old PS3 awhile ago, like the new design and new price.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Oh god, the PS3 Slim has the least aesthetically-pleasing design for a console I've ever seen.

I'm really glad they're moving down the price point and getting over themselves (if only slightly), but no more backwards-compatibility kinda kills it for me. Especially since I don't have a PS2 any more (just got the MGS4 bundle, which is fully backwards-compatible).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."