View Poll Results: How Do U feel about how sega treats PSU players?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sega doesn't seem to care much about the PSU Experience.

31 34.44%
  • Sega does care about PSU Players.

5 5.56%
  • PSU is already perfect

2 2.22%
  • I'd love for Sega to put more effort into PSU

40 44.44%
  • PSP and PSZ are superior anyway.

5 5.56%
  • I happily pay my monthly fee because I love PSU.

7 7.78%
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Phantom Knights General

Default Does it bother u that Sega makes new games instead of improving our PSU Experience?

I always feel like Sega takes our money and develops other games with it instead of giving us a stellar PSU experience. I mean use to love PSU but now I find my self playing Phantasy Star Portable more because it's a far better gaming experience. I mean why pay $10.00 a month for PSU when it's not as good as PSP. I mean and now they talk about PSP2 and it's like why doesn't sega care about PSU players. It seems to me they only care about developing for other Phantasy Star games than actually delivering a good amount of content for PSU. I mean PSP 1 has far more content than both PSU and AOTL in my opinion. I just wanna know if I'm the only one who feels this way about how Sega treats PSU players.

Sega doesnt care about its players. It cares about money.

PSU wasnt raking in the dough, so they had to expand their horizons. Sega took a risk by trying out a handheld version of PSU, and it worked (probably better than the home console version). So they're obviously going to do it again.

Honestly, I'm quite excited for PSP2 (its weird....I was excited for PSP, more excited for PSZ, and the most excited for PSP2!). However, its sad to know that we could have had a 2nd expansion on a next-gen console if Sega just put more effort into the console version. But really now, who would a PSU expansion besides current PSU players? With the handheld versions, they are reaching another population of players (and if they're already playing a handheld game, they probably dont care what they're buying anyway as long as it looks cool).

Im glad sega is making more phantasy star games but Im upset about the platform...
    portable gaming really isn't my thing. I have no reason to stare at a teeny tiny screen to play any game when I have a perfectly good TV. But then again I drive everywhere so portable gaming for me is hardly practical...

If there was a way to display PSP on TV however...
    Im really not that dangerous...

I think Sega isn't putting enough effort into PSU at all. Someone suggested they combine the servers from PS2,PC, and Xbox 360 into one big active server.

I say they do it...because right now it's their only hope in even making people give a damn about this game.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Meh. It doesn't really bother me, because when you look at it, Sega has done so much wrong with this game that it may be better to make something new and similar just so they can start with a clean slate and move on.

I'd be content either way.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Heal-bombing you~. <3 Ethateral's Avatar

I do wish they'd put far more effort into PSU, however at this point it seems like that's not happening. I'm enjoying PS:P more right now, have been for a while. I'm excitedly awaiting PS0 as well. I'm ecstatic however now for PS:P2! If PS:P2 is as great as it already sounds... I might just go to that. Which I'm surprised to actually hear myself say after all this time.

Even with me being busy with life and work, PSU has become.. Dull to me. I'm really waiting for the supplemental update to see if that keeps me. :/
    PSO2 - Ethateral FONewearl
    PSP2i - Ethateral 200 FNewman Force 50
    http://psupedia.info/User:Ethateral
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Shinthateral

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I'm glad they aren't really somewhat going to screw up PSP:2. I mean, at least it gives me another reason to pick up my PSP. The only games I got for it are Lumines I & II, Castlevania Dracula Chronicles, and PS:P.

Heal-bombing you~. <3 Ethateral's Avatar

^Don't forget about getting Dissidia. ;o <3

I don't see any of the "Emergency Roll" or the charged hit for guns, etc coming to PSU, ever. ._.
    PSO2 - Ethateral FONewearl
    PSP2i - Ethateral 200 FNewman Force 50
    http://psupedia.info/User:Ethateral
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Shinthateral

Maybe this will help build up the franchise before they decide to take the next big step onto the current Gen of consoles.

OP, I've been trying to get people around here to realize this for a LOOOONG time.

Yes, it bothers me. It bothers me a lot. It bothers me that Sega/Sonic Team hardly ever advertises their games anymore. It bothers me that they seemingly stopped putting effort into some of their main franchises (mainly Phantasy Star and Sonic). It bothers me when they hastily crank out new sequels within a few months between each other, only to raise hopes and then ultimately disappoint their old fans! This is NOT the Sega I remember, and it infuriates and depresses me whenever I think about how much better their current games could have been!

I know they ended up making a lot of bad marketing decisions down the line, but it STILL doesn't explain to me why their developers had to go all HERP-DERP lately... I guess they were desperate for employees once Yuji Naka and a lot of their other big staff members left. I don't know how else to explain it. =/

I would LOVE to see PSU become as successful as WoW or FF11 or Everquest, but there's gotta be a kickass team behind it, and Sega has yet to deliver such quality to its consumers. I hope PSP2 gets released outside of Japan, and I hope it's all it's cracked up to be, but lately Sega has forced me to be extremely skeptical...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone