Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SEGA Theme Park

Default SEGA Theme Park

I didn't think this was real at first glance but it is. Bring on the Rappy rides!

http://www.destructoid.com/sega-indo...i-145502.phtml

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

I can't wait until they add PSU land....

It costs $25 to get in (on top of the regular admission price) and all you get to do is look through fences at all of the fun roller coasters you COULD be riding if you went to the theme park in Japan. And when they finally do open one, 120 people get killed riding it on the first day (there are no "rollbacks" in real life). Meanwhile you can only ride a couple of boring roller coasters which never change. Oh yeah, the Midway games are long, grueling and monotonous and in the end you can only win some crappy stuffed animal that you can't even sell to somebody....

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I didn't think this was real at first glance but it is. Bring on the Rappy rides!

http://www.destructoid.com/sega-indo...i-145502.phtml
    There is one in Tokyo, Odaiba, as well.
    But I didn't get in because I found it expensive, and most of the stuff was looking pretty meh.

I bet this new one costs three legs and four eyes to get in, if it's in Dubai.

Why does my mind think of disney-land but with people dressed up as sonic and tails instead of mickey mouse trying to hug little children and annoy everyone else.

But it seams fun...yet dangerous

Maybe they should focus on making games more than on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    Maybe they should focus on making games more than on that.
    What the hell are you talking about!? Sega Amusements has been a separate entity for years!

I know someone who went to this park in Japan (or another that was already open) and took tons of pictures. Hawclay and his then girlfriend Ulala from IGN boards. I'll see if he has them on flicker.

Something is going wrong when SEGA Amusements produce Sonic rides that are more fun than the actual Sonic games.

Not really. Even these days, a simulated rollercoaster still doesn't have quite the level of thrills actually being on one, does.

But then again, that's just me. As much as people might say I'm a gamer, I would be a beach bum if I was right there at the beach, instead. Good water? Good waves? Sonic will have to wait until nightfall or my body gives out.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    I can't wait until they add PSU land....

It costs $25 to get in (on top of the regular admission price) and all you get to do is look through fences at all of the fun roller coasters you COULD be riding if you went to the theme park in Japan. And when they finally do open one, 120 people get killed riding it on the first day (there are no "rollbacks" in real life). Meanwhile you can only ride a couple of boring roller coasters which never change. Oh yeah, the Midway games are long, grueling and monotonous and in the end you can only win some crappy stuffed animal that you can't even sell to somebody....

this made me lol

i've seen a few sega theme parks in the past but never thought much of them. i've never really been into theme parks but i always thought it might be interesting to go to one. i'd totally steal Amy's hammer and bonk the guy in the sonic costume on the head with it >.>;;;
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

ROLLBACK: The Ride