Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Hmmm once again I believe that PSP2 will be testing ground for a revamped combat system OR after a few months of PSP2 PSU might get the combat system used for PSP2. But this is pure speculation. Don't quote me on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicTeam
    Are you enjoying the wide variety of content added to the ever-changing world of PSU such as GAS, GAM and the optional billing features?
    Nice spin on that.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I though nihonjin liked more the lolicon look instead of the lolicast maid.
    SUV makes wonders...

PSO2 Character: Chibi Loli newman force Level 40

That letter makes it seem like they will announce a new online Phantasy Star console title within the next year.

I'd like it if they did, but I refuse to get my hopes up at all for anything other then new handheld titles.
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    I'd like it if they did, but I refuse to get my hopes up at all for anything other then new handheld titles.
    Agree, i feel the same way.

They just reuse the old artwork from that book

more new art work = more new avatar in this site

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

I hate to say it, because I still like PSU, but I've completely lost confidence in ST's ability to turn this game around. It seems like no matter what they do, people keep leaving. They've made a lot of bad decisions and I hope that if they ever DO make another console Phantasy Star game, they will do better next time. PSU has a lot of potential and there's no substitute for it. I'll wait and see what they have planned next year.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by stukasa View Post
    I hate to say it, because I still like PSU, but I've completely lost confidence in ST's ability to turn this game around. It seems like no matter what they do, people keep leaving. They've made a lot of bad decisions and I hope that if they ever DO make another console Phantasy Star game, they will do better next time. PSU has a lot of potential and there's no substitute for it. I'll wait and see what they have planned next year.
    That's pretty much what I feel. PSU could have been a much better game than it's become, but bad decisions and possibly the difficult community have ultimately influenced the progression (or rather, lack of) in the game.

When I look at PSP2, I see a game that potentially could re-write the rules for PSU. I do expect ST to revise PSU's battle system at least once more before it shuts down, and PSP2 could be where to draw ideas from.

Honestly, I'd rather hear news of a new console title, because I don't really think any improvements can do anything for PSU now; there simply aren't enough people left playing. With a new title, you'd have a larger playerbase to work with (or against, as the case may be).

I would have loved to see a successful Phantasy Star game after PSO, but unfortunately PSU didn't live up to a lot of people's expectations; my own included. I still play because of friends, and the lack of similar games but I always believe PSU could have potentially been so much more than it is. It's sad really.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)