Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

What about WT vs AT in melee skills? Seeing as alot of you guys are putting emphasis on buffs (I ain't that great at support. More of a "RAAAAGH! SLASHY SLASH RAAWWWRGLE!" kinda player) what would be good out of the two in a melee fight? Before anyone says "LAWLZ Syamemaru j00 noob why would you use a techer for melee combat?". It's because I like to mix my attacks up a bit thats why. Also I'd like to take hits too because, even though I'm good at dodging, I'm not THAT good.

First, it's a fairly outdated argument to say that an Acrotecher should focus on tech based attacks just because it ends in the word "techer" for the same reason it's invalid to say that about Guntecher and Wartecher. Honestly, an Acrotecher with mid-high element daggers and whips can outperform any tech-based equivalent. That's not to say that there aren't some situations where you would prefer tech use, but in pure damage, melee wins.

And, in the melee damage area, Wartecher wins purely from access to Majarra 21.

This is for my buddy Logan on the PS2/PC servers. He knows how I feel about Wartecher. And all I have to say is...."WT sux...." no offense if other people prefer to use that horrid class.

Well I really like the melee options that Wartecher gives you. Sure if all your planning on using are whips and daggers then AT is worth it just for access to S rank mags, but having two handed melee options with those daggers and whips is much more intense.

For me AT gets stale really fast, it almost feels like half a class. Obviously WT is one of the most versatile classes in the game, and that alone makes it very enjoyable to play. It lends itself to random parties well, by allowing you to play fighter in weak parties, and bombard enemies with techs in powerful parties.

As far as buffs, since the vast majority of players are straight melee or gunners you won't get many complaints(just don't buff over other techers). I think even those who favor AT will admit that WT is a good class for building towards AT.

For instance if you've only played melee classes before and never leveled a technique WT is probably better for you than trying to jump straight into AT. If you do go WT you will need to buy a har quick, since casting speed is terrible without one.

I love wartecher on a beast.

If your not a beast go Acro very nice to have in a hard mission.

Acro are very nice in partys. Choose a debuff to level "Ide suggest Zalure if your going to be rockin' whips" Keep your party buffed and healed , debuff to leech xp and go crazy with your whips.
    DIGA PLEASE! Rukia_f.newman_160_(20)ft,mf

I personally would advise against debuffing in a good team because the spawn will be dead in the time between casting the debuff and striking with your whip to begin the Exact Attack chain. With or without the debuff, it's already dying in the same number of hits, which results in no loss in clear speed.