Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Now PSP1 did have some difficulty, (class dependant) until your end game. That is, if you go into S-class missions, alone, as soon as you meet the level requirements; certain missions may hurt you badly.
    Yeah, I got burned horriffically by that in Endrum Remnants A actually. My human PT had blown most of his healing, scapes, and charges against the Bete's and I was hallway-camping them for quick trips to the recharger before they finally gunned me down. Actually I think all my losses in PS:P have been handed to me by Grinna Bete and their various cousins. Encounters with multiple mid-bosses in that game are harsh... they have hard enough attacks to avoid even one-on-one, and hit like a boss (and worse with buffs)

One thing I really hated about PS:P missions were that most of the single mid-boss encounters that spice up the mission along the way to the end were removed. It's just little creatures and humanoid-sized stuff for the most part.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I don't know...I really didn't find the game hard at all, though I made a Cast.
    The only thing I found super hard was the Jp DLC mission where it's like 6 blocks of True Darkness type monsters, with Fakis as the boss.
    I mastered all classes with both my characters, and even with a male Newman, it was fairly simple.
    Even with the no knockbacks with rifles, it was easy.
    I stopped playing PS:P1 after we found out there was no character transfer. There really is no point in playing anymore.

Somewhat worried about the difficulty thing in Multi mode.. I generally like to play alone.. I suppose I'll manage though, as long as it's not ridiculously hard.. and if it is, I'll just grind high enough to where nothing is a challenge :P

Happy about the armor, adds more PSO nostalgia.. and it was always a pain in the butt to find a really good line shield, that didn't have a extra slot, or a head slot, so I couldn't use it..
    Feel free to add me to msn to talk about PSU/etc.~

Challenges? Difficuilty...? O,o!!! Hell yeah!
    The line shield palette supports my laziness, and that scape doll thing's been good since PSP1.
    Nice clearance.~

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blyr View Post
    Somewhat worried about the difficulty thing in Multi mode.. I generally like to play alone.. I suppose I'll manage though, as long as it's not ridiculously hard.. and if it is, I'll just grind high enough to where nothing is a challenge :P
    I hope not. I want this game to be so ball bustingly hard that you have to have 4 people to get through high end missions. I want you to need those dodge rolls and reaction blocks. I want the game to kick your ass and make people run back to White Beast on PSU.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Probably not gonna be that hard Chuck. Maybe a slight increase in "PAIN IN MY ASS!" than "WTF!? Did that Rappy just shoot me with a Megid AND a Barta at the same time? Is that CAST enemy shooting bullets that shoot more bullets?"

I hope PS:P2 recognizes that there's a difference between "hard" and "slow".

Original online PSU was pretty hard because EVERY GOD DAMNED THING YOU FOUGHT was made out of titanium plated diamond and had to be beaten upon for ages before it would give up the ghost and let you move on. AOI and PS:P let you kill things with a reasonable amount of effort, like a full PA combo... but then you're getting through most fights without giving enemies a chance to lay a claw or bite on you.

It's almost like there should be some really strict limit on how much PA spamming a player can do, so that they're not just blowing through every encounter. That would add to the strategy/energy management gameplay, but you would probably need some way to avoid enemy attacks in order to survive fighting through waves of enemies with normal attacks. TA-DA it would be PSU fixed.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Yea I really don't want the difficulty to be "This level one booma has enough HP and DEF to qualify for a final dungeon monster! Enjoy smackin em wit yo stick!". Thats just f*ckin stupid even for a portable game. And I DON'T want it Monster Hunter hard either. I'm not a Monster Hunter fan. As a matter of fact I freakin hate it. I tried to like it but I don't. As a matter of fact the difficulty in PSP1 should have the difficulty setting of Left 4 Dead. It starts out normally but the game gauges your performance. If your doing really good then it gives enemies a boost in level. if it sees your gettin your ass beat it'll make it a smidge easier...but your still gonna get whupped if you don't becarefull.

Quote Originally Posted by WBMike View Post
    But you can find them in the opening mission of story mode.
    Are you sure about this? I think he might be talking about collecting something like badges or photon drops to trade for scape dolls.
    ただし、ストーリーを進めていくと開いていくミッションにて、あるものを集めて入手する事は可 能です。
    Sounds like PS0's photon drop shop to me.

And don't forget that guns and rods/wands also have %s now too! Bullets have also been changed from elemental to "high attack power" bullets, "accurate" bullets, and "long range" bullets. (Don't know why I needed quotes....)
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 8, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks, I just came back home, Shougai PSO updated and will be adding that to it

They wrote a comment about exchanging something for scape dolls